October 2005 Specials

Check in for our Monthly Specials.

October 2005 Specials

Postby Nancy » October 4th, 2005, 1:13 am

:shock: Fall fell.

It is blustery here in the MakeMeThinner neighborhood. We’ve got wind, :lightening: rain and thunder. It’s time to haul out the flannel leopard pajammy pants and shirts and curl up with a juicy book or a movie. :snooze:

Some people using Medifast products and the Take Shape For Life program experience feeling :sadblue: cold and its nice to warm up with a mug of satisfying Creamy Broccoli Soup. While supplies last, we have this belly warmer on sale for $11.50 per box of 7 packets.

:coach: Please note: as of Wednesday, October 19th, the Creamy Broccoli Soup is sold out. :x Drat! In its place, Take Shape For Life is offering Creamy Tomato Soup for the same heart-warming price of $11.50 per box of 7 packets.

To prepare the creamy soups I suggest that you put about 8 ounces of cool water into your shaker jar and slowly add a packet of the creamy soup while stirring briskly. Gently heat for one minute in the microwave and stir. Nuke for another 30 sec to a minute. Stir. Do not boil or you will have :twisted: soylant green and be coughing up soyballs... ;)

I like to add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and the Tomato Garlic Basil Mrs. Dash (It’s a no salt seasoning.) and a packet of crunched up Garden Vegetable crackers.

To me, the Creamy Tomato Soup reminds me of the Campbell's Tomato soup made with milk my Grammy used to make on Saturday afternoons.

(Once it is available again, please consider the Creamy Broccoli Soup. It is not a strong broccoli flavor and Terry actually ate an entire packet without experiencing :puke: barfage– trust me, he and George W Bush share the same hatred for broccoli. If Terry can hack it, anyone can! I love it. It :bib: tastes a little bit like mushroom soup to me. I add one very small chopped up raw broccoli floret to give it some crunch.)

:secret: Remember, each packet of Medifast is a complete meal replacement and for weight loss our intention is for you to not add more carbs to the packets.

During weight management/maintenance the Creamy Broccoli soup may be used for a sauce over cooked green vegetables like green beans or steamed broccoli or cauliflower.

Other serving suggestions may be found in the Lean Cuisine and include adding curry powder, chicken bouillon, :redhead: Tabasco or a about ½ cup of spinach (fresh or frozen).

At this special price, each serving costs but $1.64 and if you are an Auto Ship customer, you receive an additional 5%, 8% or 12% discount, depending upon how long you've been on Auto Ship.

:coach: Git-cher Chai Lah-tay! Git-cher Chai Lah-tay!

Chai is becoming very popular in the U.S., especially on the West Coast where it is served c-c-cold like a granita or steamy hot.

:scratchhead: Huh? What in the world is this Chai Latte stuff you might be thinking? :huh:

Legend has it that Chai was invented by a royal King in the ancient courts of Siam and India.

Chai is the beverage of choice in Northern India; it is a milky sweetened tea with a delightful rich aroma. It is sweet, spicy, and very soothing and often sold in tiny tea stalls that line the streets where all day long “chaiwallas” (tea vendors) brew and serve tea. Chai tea is sold all over Southern Asia in trains, at bus stations, or where ever crowds gather.

While the Chai is boiled with milk, it is constantly stirred and poured by ladleful through the air and is usually offered to every visitor to a home.

Some modern Chai Tea is made with green tea but traditional Indian Chai uses a rich black tea that is boiled in milk and flavored with local spices such as sweet cinnamon, clove, cardamom, and occasionally black peppercorns, ginger and hot chilies.

It is then sweetened with sugar. This spicy Chai tea is brewed in a samovar-type vessel and is always served very hot. :runner: Hurried customers often pour a little Chai in the saucer to cool it before slurping.

Yep, this month Take Shape for Life is offering Medifast Chai Latte at a special saving - $1.35 a cup. Our Chai Latte is rich in calcium and Vitamin D and each cup has only 100 calories. The whey-based Chai Latte is on sale for $9.50 a box of 7 packets!

This smells wonderful; just preparing a serving of the decaffeinated Chai Tea Latte with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger and its other exotic spices will make you feel like you are on a train to Marrakesh!

Of course it has 14 grams of protein, less than a gram of flab (err, fat),
the 24 essential vitamins and amino acids you need to make a complete meal - all this at a special price.

Chai Latte ~ regularly priced at $12.65 per box (7 servings/box) now while supplies last, Nine and a half bucks a box…I :heart: love this stuff. I have a steamy shaker jarful at bedtime. I sure wish TSFL would create a Leopard Woman China Shaker Jar so I can slurp my Chai in style…

The spices remain at the bottom of the cup so don't worry about the grainy feeling at the end of the drink. :secret: The dregs are really quite good.

On a porch swing, on a chaise lounge or a patio near you…Medifast Chai Latte casts a :git: magic spell.

Oh, it is sumptuous and exuberant, it radiates mysticism, enchantment, splendour, take me to the Kasbah…
:pigsfly:

While supplies last...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Monthly Specials