Sunday Morning Roll Call: October 9, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby Nancy » October 12th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Dear LuzInIt and LovInIt Linda ~

re:
Here's the thing... I'll look like a mountain if I pose for a picture between the two of you skinny little 130-140ish pounders, so I just might leave my camera home until the next time we meet, when I'm certain to be in your weight neighborhood thanks to Medifast!

:x Don't you DARE leave your camera at home and you will NOT look like a mountain standing by us!

I have a friend who is 5 feet zero and 98 or 99 pounds and when we stand beside one another, I feel like Mount Everest Amazon Woman!
Heck, next to Terry I look like a mountain - I am taller than he is but don't tell him I told you so! He has a :heart: as big as anything!

We are all hand-fashioned, designed to be of different sizes, colors, temperaments and with different personalities. You be who you be on purpose and I will love you for who you are not for how much you weigh! (or weighed or will weigh!)

:shock: Good night, Girl! You are a century of pounds smaller than you were before - hah! You are no longer a mountain, Little Darlin' - you are a molehill of your former self!

How tall are you anyway? :?:

:hug: We are so much more than the numbers on our scale - remember that!

:coach: Bring that camera!!!

Terry and I were out and about last night in the Lotus & met up with a great Forum gal at Starbuck's - as soon as I get her okie dokie, we'll post the picture in the Studio. :secret: Remember, we are all people in process and it takes a while to make a masterpiece!

Your test results are wonderful, Linda! :boing: The quality of your life, the length of your life have all been increased due to the fact that you made a decision and stuck to it. I am so proud of you and so very :yippee: happy for your success. That’s the best news about your HG-A1C and your cholesterol level! Wowee!

:secret: Although diabetes cannot be cured, it seems as if you are in remission now. Love that Medifast!

:scratch: I wonder who the :scratchhead: mystery guest is...does her name begin with a 'c' and end with an 'i'?

Huh? :huh:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » October 12th, 2005, 9:26 pm

Linda, that is so awesome!

I have a friend who is diabetic, and weighs less than you did when you started MFing. She is trying to get approval from her insurer now for the weight-loss surgery. I keep (gently) trying to get her to try MF again, but it seems that she thinks she is too diabetic, too insulin and other meds dependent, to lose weight any other way. I wish you lived in California so that I could introduce the two of you!

Congratulations on the positive things you have done and are doing for yourself!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » October 12th, 2005, 9:43 pm

24 K ~

Have your friend look at Linda's post. I meet people all the time that desperately need Medifast and the Take Shape For Life Program - all of the people with Type 2 diabetes are off of their meds in 2 weeks to two months.

I have a 73 year old man in Mississippi that has lost 35 pounds+ (he is unsure of his starting weight because his scale topped out at 330 pounds. He has to wear suspenders on his boxers! He is off of his oral agents for the first time in years - he did this in 7 weeks on the program...it works!

I've missed you 24 K.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 24KaratGold » October 12th, 2005, 11:07 pm

I'm trying to decide if there is a good, non-offensive way that I can point her in the direction of Linda's posts. I do not want to lose her friendship, and we are "new" friends, so we don't have a history to protect us, if that makes sense.

Life just sucks, Nancy, and I do tend toward depression when such things happen. I've been shutting down on all levels except the most essential ones. This too will pass. Maybe. Thanks for noticing, though; it means a lot.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » October 12th, 2005, 11:42 pm

:coach: Okay-y-y-y-y, Troops!

Let's get 24 K outta the dumper here!

We :heart: love ya madly, 24 K.

You are a shining :goldstar: light and we want ya to get it back! :shades:

It has :x not been a pleasant time for you and mere words cannot change the :twisted: circumstances but we want you to know from the bottom of our shaker jars that you are one hot woman, you have worked so hard to lose the flabber and have helped so many of us. You always have a great answer for us :puter: and encouragement for the faint-hearted.

We appreciate you and want ya to get your spunk, sparkle and sass back!

:secret: I see that you are so close to your goal - there are a number of Forum peeps movin' in on their goal line... :stroll: :stroll:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mytime » October 14th, 2005, 11:17 pm

24 - maybe you could suggest it so that she feels empowered WHILE she waits for her surgery. Something like - wow that surgery is going to be GREAT. You know maybe as a way to preapre for it you could get a jump start ..... Or I am not sure what your MD has recommended as you wait for your surgery but was wondering fi he might support your efforts preparing by suggesting MF while you wait..... I totally get the friend thing. I feel like I want to tell the whole world about MF. I see someone I don't even know who could use some MF help - just know in my heart they are suffering like I have and want to just well tell them. And this says nothing for those I know and those who could benefit medically ...

I am sorry you are having a hard time. Your posts are great and have helped me through many a dark hour. Would love to return the favor, but also recognize that sometimes we just are where we are. I hope that which has you upside down resolves itself quickly. Take Care - I think you still sparkle :) Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Previous

Return to Roll Call