Observations since being on Medifast.....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Observations since being on Medifast.....

Postby explorthis » November 12th, 2003, 8:43 am

2 points/comments here. I don’t know if these are all in my brain, or are a direct result of Medifast. ?!?!

Point 1 = I wear Contact Lens (lenses?) I wear the Accuvue disposables. I generally wear them for about 3 weeks per pair (with cleanings in-between). Usually (before starting the program) I had to clean them about every 2-3 days, as my eyes would get cloudy. (If you do not wear contacts you might not understand) It was like a fog as they got dirty, after 2-3-4 days. I would go and rinse and wash them and be fine for another 2-3-4 days. Since starting this program, I noticed about a week+ ago, my eyes/contacts are NOT requiring the numerous cleaning that they used to. I have to remind myself that I need to clean them. It has been about 8 days, since the last cleaning, and they are still crystal clear. My question is, since I am not eating/consuming CRAP, is this making a difference, or is it in my head?

Point 2 = I have over the past 5-6-7 weeks gained sooo much energy; I do not know what to do with it. I have had to force myself to go to bed every night. I generally was a 10:00pm ish bed person. I was always able to rise in the morning (generally morning person) at my normal 5:30-6:00am depending on the day. Now since being on Medifast, I am forcing myself to go to bed. Most nights its 11:30 or later. I am not even tired, and am still awaking refreshed. At 11:30 I am forcing myself to bed. I am not a spring chicken (42y/o) and know my body needs sleep. Even during the day, I am more energetic. My question (again) is, since I am not eating/consuming CRAP, is this making a difference, or is it in my head. I know this nicety is related to not having so much crap in my system, I just find it interesting that I am experiencing this new found life (and loving it)

Anyone expieriencing any of these 2 items?

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 12th, 2003, 9:22 am

Interesting observations Mike, and I bet you're right.

That old saying again, we are what we eat.

I'm guessing there's a whole host of other benefits that go un-noticed, also. I visualize plumbing pipes (ugly visual) after years of grease and gunk is poured down them. I wouldn't doubt all the garbage in our system could end up in any of our bodily fluids, including our tear ducts.

That was one point of the maintenance post I added a few days ago about listening to our bodies. We've got to learn to listen to what our bods are telling us about what we're putting into it.

It's no coincedence that 100% of type 2 diabetics get off their meds, or the burst of energy we get when we fuel the ole engine right.

Keep that bod in tune, (only 1 brewsky next time) and keep us posted on what your bods sayin'.
:)

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Contacts

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2003, 9:48 am

Hey, Mike ~

I'm on my way to work but wanted to write a quick reply.

It is protein deposits on our lenses that cause them to get cloudy. Since you are eating less protein than you used to and things are well balanced, it does make sense that there would be less protein to end up on your eyeballs - cool, eh?

Just think! You are saving your arteries, your heart and $ for grocerires, dining out AND spending less on contact lenses now, too - cool, eh? See! Medifast saves you a lot of $ and years of added good health!

Yes, our energy levels increase dramatically. It's carbs that do us in and sap our strength and our life! Go for it today!

Slurp and burp! :water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss