It is currently May 21st, 2024, 4:58 am

News News of The Web Room

Site map of The Web Room » Forum : The Web Room

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

New Feature (View previous topics)

Just added a new feature to the forum.
You should see a "View post from previous" (1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc) menu at the top of the page now.

Let me know how you like it.
Read more : New Feature (View previous topics) | Views : 513 | Replies : 2

And we're back...

All is right in the world again.

Lauren
Read more : And we're back... | Views : 500 | Replies : 3

speel czech???

Dost mine eyes deceive me or am I really experiencing a spell check feature??? kewl!!!

(You may not be able to see it, but here in the Post window, that's got a line of little red dots under it with a right-click pull down menu of options!!! Strains of "Heaven, I'm in Heaven" I'm providing myself. Kind of a byo-celebratory chorus moment.)
Read more : speel czech??? | Views : 435 | Replies : 4

MMT is Moving!

Well, here's the big secret.

You've probably noticed glitches and downtime if you've been around the forum for long.
Especially the last one last week.

We're putting an end to that this weekend.
On Friday Nov. 10th, we're moving to a new system with upgraded servers and different admin panel. This should put an end to most of the burps and outages.

Without going into technical terms, this can take several days to implement.
I've ...
Read more : MMT is Moving! | Views : 532 | Replies : 5

Wonky times?

What's up with the times on the site? I'm on Central Standard Time, which is GMT minus 6 hours (I doublechecked to be sure). But posts all seem to be 12 hours ahead of where they should be. Did something get messed up when the site was down?

It's weird to see a bunch of posts with tomorrow's date!

Edited to add:
They're backwards because your posts are time-stamped before mine, which apparently I wrote ...
Read more : Wonky times? | Views : 470 | Replies : 8

To ykceb

To the user named ykceb,
I've tried contacting you by email and they get returned. It's possible our domain name is on some kind of spam list that your ISP is using.

As to your problem, I'm guessing you're using AOL.
Minimize the AOL browser and bring up an alternate browser to navigate the forum. (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc...)

This should solve your problem.

Contact your ISP and/or firewall administrator and see if makemethinner dot ...
Read more : To ykceb | Views : 365 | Replies : 0

Flash Issue

Ok when I click the tsfl link to go to the site it says..."Needs Flash" well I install it and it says "Flash Installed" but each time I try to go back to the site it still tells me I need Flash.

I deleted my cookies..restarted..everything..I need help please..this chickie needs to place an order :lol:

OH and if it is something simple that will make me ...
Read more : Flash Issue | Views : 435 | Replies : 7

RTD's

Still new to MF I see "RTD's" a lot. Could someone educate me on what RTD's are? Thanks.
Read more : RTD's | Views : 423 | Replies : 6

Another suggestion

Hey, Unca, since the journals have worked out so well ... on my low-carb group, we had links to our journals (and gym logs, but that site was much more workout-oriented) over where our names and number of posts and such were. Any way we could do something like that here? Either there or at the bottom of posts where e-mail and such are? Or even on the page you get when you click on ...
Read more : Another suggestion | Views : 336 | Replies : 0

Who wants to be a Mod?

Hi boys and girls,
I'm going to be leaving on Tuesday for my daughters wedding for 8 days, and I'd like several of you to look after removing spam on the forum.

So who's had a little experience moderating a forum, or is handy clicking the right buttons?

All I really need is to keep the spam to a minimum, but if you're handy enough to dig around and find the goal clubs, that'd be ...
Read more : Who wants to be a Mod? | Views : 511 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286