It is currently May 21st, 2024, 7:43 pm

News News of The Web Room

Site map of The Web Room » Forum : The Web Room

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Humble suggestion for the Memberlist

For the database field labeled "Location", in the memberlist, how about splitting that into two fields. One would be "State", or "State/Province", etc., and the second would be "City".

This way, when doing a sort of member's locations, you could sort just on the state, and or the city.

Say I want to see who lives in Colorado, I would sort "State" in ascending order and scroll down to all entries with Colorado. Now, I ...
Read more : Humble suggestion for the Memberlist | Views : 517 | Replies : 0

Server Problems

Sorry all,
Our server had a burb and, at first look, it appears we've lost some posts....:(
Read more : Server Problems | Views : 449 | Replies : 0

authorship

Hi,
Last night I posted two topics after registering on this site.
However, I'm not sure I did it right.

I signed it thininLA and I was listed as a guest.

But I registered as LAwoman

I think maybe I registered and then logged out and when I tried to sign LAwoman, it said there was already someone with that name (me, hello????????? :3head: So I ...
Read more : authorship | Views : 511 | Replies : 2

Is Google Broken?

Hi All,
This is an off topic post, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion of the Google search engine.

You may not know, but with webmasters in the search engine world, there's been lots of controversy for the last several months about google's algorithm and method of displaying websites on their search engine.

For those of you that use Google, I'd like to get your opinion on whether or not you've been getting relevant ...
Read more : Is Google Broken? | Views : 490 | Replies : 5

Unca-

I can't upload this one or use it from a url. I guess I need your admin coolness to get it in my profile. :D The picture is here:
<snip>Gottcha - UT</snip>

Thanks much!
Read more : Avatar please! | Views : 499 | Replies : 12

Help please-Quote

Can someone please teach me how to use the Quotie button. Apparently it's beyond me, can you tell I'm blonde?

Beth
Read more : Help please-Quote | Views : 368 | Replies : 1

Problem with avatar

Hi..I made an avatar for myself it is 70x70 pixels and 5.9 kb...I uploaded it to my picture hosting site then added the URL in the appropriate box on my profile...I keep coming up with a red X..Here is the URL below...Not sure what I am doing wrong and would appreciate any suggestions or help..Thanks so much :) ..Andi

<edit>URL removed - UT</edit>
Read more : Problem with avatar | Views : 501 | Replies : 7

What's an Avatar?

Hi folks,

I'm not wanting to appear completely obtuse here, but I'm a bit confused with this term "Avatar." I see "pics" below the names of logged in users and have read about the reference to an avatar, but I"m curious about the definition. (It's not even remotely similar to anything I've read in my dictionary.) Where does this term come from? Could you please update me with the 21st century "techie" definition and ...
Read more : What's an Avatar? | Views : 503 | Replies : 1

New Year New You Power Tool (Daily Journal)

MakeMeThinner Power Tools

Hey there Thinnin’ Friends ~

We’ve done it again! Not only do you get Fabulous Free Forum Frivolity, Nancy’s Newsletters, Unca’s Terrific Techno Support and Terry’s Ordering Oversight but now you also get a tool to monitor your weight and measurements.

Here’s a perfect and powerful tool for you to use as you shake your way to a healthy new you and ideal weight.

How to do it.

Dig around in the ...
Read more : New Year New You Power Tool (Daily Journal) | Views : 5725 | Replies : 52

Pic on Profile

I have a pic taken by my webcam. Whenever I try to download it to my profile, it tells me "This does not appear to be one of your identities". How do I fix this?
Read more : Pic on Profile | Views : 1564 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286