10 New Crunch Bars & 3 Original Formula Bars Remain

Meet Terry and Nancy.

10 New Crunch Bars & 3 Original Formula Bars Remain

Postby Nancy » January 22nd, 2009, 5:43 pm

:byebye: Hullo Bar :heart: Lovers and Diabetic Bar Users ~

Due to the popularity and convenience of meals bars, Medifast created new bars that are designed with the same scientific balance of protein and fiber to meet the same high Fullness Index of the rest of the Medifast meals. The new bars are similar in size and weight to the original bars and are lower in fat, calories and carbs.

:hug: Thank you, Medifast R & D department!

The new line of Medifast Crunch Bars replace all but three of the original bar line.

The original bars Medifast will continue to offer are Caramel Nut, Chocolate Mint and Oatmeal Raisin. These bars have a green wrapper and for people on the 5 & 1 Program for weight loss, please limit your intake to one meal bar per day.

For people who are in the Maintenance Phase or who want a healthy meal replacement to use as a snack or convenient meal, feel free to use these great tasting bars to provide a grab and go meal!

The New Crunch bars are a wonderful addition to the line of meal replacements and can be used for weight loss - each bar counts as a complete meal and can be used during the 5 & 1 Plan, for weight maintenance or to provide a nutritionally balanced snack.

There are 10 new Crunch bar flavors.
:hmmm: I’ll do my best to describe them and perhaps others who have tasted them will share their opinion, too. :puter:

The new Crunch bars are not entirely covered with chocolate or yogurt coating; they have drizzles of chocolate or flavored icing across the top and some have a thin layer of icing on the bottom layer. They are similar to Rice Crispy treats.

1. Caramel Crunch Bars – they have a thin chewy layer of caramel and are salty; they remind me of caramel corn. Unwrap, put it on a plate and nuke for a few seconds. The caramel gets s-t-r-e-t-c-h-y.

2. & 3. Chocolate Crunch and Chocolate Mint Crunch – they have a chocolate coating base and these chocolotized crunchy bars remind me of the Cocoa Puffs I used to eat when I was a kid. :eat: Kind of like a combo of crunched-up Oreos and a Cocoa Puffed Rice Crispy treat. The Choc Mint Crunch tastes like the Choc Crunch Bar with the addition of mint.

My grandsons love ‘em… :coach: warning: have a handful of Kid Wipes handy because the chocolate gets all over their hot hands, little faces and the car seats…

4. Cinnamon Roll Crunch – oh, yeah! This is g-o-o-o-d. It smells wonderful, similar to the Oatmeal Raisin Crunch bar with no raisins. Especially tasty when nuked for 5 seconds…

5. Fruit & Nut – this one has no ‘base’ just the crunchy little soy nuggies, cranberries and golden raisins, slivers of almonds and peanuts held together. Slightly salty. It’s ok, kinda plain; not my fave and I used to really like the original Fruit & Nut Granola Bars.

6. Lemon Meringue Crunch – oh, I like this one. May I also mention that I liked the original Lemon Bar and while I know there are many who avoided them, I’ve heard positive replies regarding the new Lemmies. This crunchy bar is ensconced with a thin layer of lemon icing on its underside and drizzled on the top; there are itsy bitsy golden raisins amongst the crunchies.

7. Oatmeal Raisin Crunch – very good. Love it! The taste of cinnamon is much more pronounced in the new Oatmeal Raisin Crunch bar than in the original yogurt-coated Oatmeal Raisin bar. Very good. Kids like it, too. The taste is similar to the Cinnamon Roll Crunch bar with rasies added. :thumbsup:

8. Peanut Butter Crunch – this is my husband’s favorite Crunch bar. :thumbup: It has a peanut buttery icing layer on the bottom of the crunchy bar and drizzles on the top. The icing is a dark brown color and has hint of chocolate flavor. When we put a selection of the crunch bars on a tray, this bar is one of the first flavors to go.

9. S’more Crunch – no graham crackers or mini choc chips but these bars have a nice flavor from the chocolate icing base and tiny snakes of extruded marshmallows. They’re good, kids love ‘em and they are quite nice after having a couple twirls in the microwave.

10. Strawberry Crunch - this crunchy bar has drizzles of strawberry flavored icing on the top and a solid base of the same icing on the bottom layer, small bits of cranberries hide among the crunchies. Nice addition; the strawberry flavor could be amped up a bit IMHO.

There you have it, Peeps right from our taste buds...

What’s your flavorite new Crunch Bar? :huh:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 22nd, 2009, 7:55 pm

I've only tried five kinds (oatmeal raisin, choc., choc. mint, caramel, and PB) and hands down my favorite is the PB. The caramel is my least favorite but still pretty good. Can't wait to try the rest!!!

Glad I read about the sugar alcohols, though. I don't seem to be affected by them but they go right through my husband (TMI, sorry) so I'll be sure to let him know not to overdo them. Thanks for all the great info!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » February 21st, 2009, 9:05 pm

hmmm ... I have tried most of the flavors by now, except for strawberry and oatmeal raisin, and my favorite so far is the chocolate mint (I like this one better than the last maintenance version), with the chocolate PB second (or tied for first). I have wished all along that there was a way to have 5 bars a day :mrgreen: , and now there is :).

Thanks for the great news, Nancy !! And, thanks MF for the great creating !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

question

Postby TamiL » March 13th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Hi Nancy!

I should have read this before posting my question bout the new crunchy bars....so....while on the go or at work...these bars can be replaced as a medifast meal? so If I had too...could I eat 5 a day with a lean green meal? that seems too good to be true? lol!

Just got my order...and OOOH how I missed the taste of these shakes and the chili....its DAY ONE for me....and i know the first 3 days are a killer! but Ive done it before and I will do it again!

Heres to getting off 20 pounds in a few months!! :)

;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL

Postby katieb920 » March 14th, 2009, 5:52 am

Good luck Tami

And yup you can have 5 bars a day if you like. They are wonderful... I think everyone has a favorite though.

Those 20 pounds are going to fly off of you.

Good luck
Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby TamiL » March 14th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Thanks Katie!! :) Happy Medifasting..... :lol:
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL

Postby lookinfinein09 » June 18th, 2009, 6:54 pm

I AM JUST DOING SHAKES AND A LEAN AND GREEN IS THIS OK. i WORK THIRD SHIFT SO MY SCHEDULE IS BACKWARDS BUT WILL THIS WORK

3PMSHAKE
6PMSHAKE
9PMSHAKE
12AMSHAKE
3AMSHAKE
6AM LEAN AND GREEN

HIT THE GYM THEN BED???
lookinfinein09

Postby nickieluv » June 18th, 2009, 6:59 pm

I think your eating schedule looks fine. About the gym - if you were working out before, cut your intensity in half for the first three weeks. If you weren't exercising regularly, wait at least three weeks to start. Something about the body needing to adjust to operating on fewer calories, or a different kind of fuel (burning more fat than food).

Also, you might want to space a couple of your meals only 2 or 2 and a half hours apart. That way you have a buffer built in if you get behind schedule. I have wound up sometimes at the end of the day with 3 more meals to eat, and that's not a good thing. I'm always really hungry the next day when my meal spacing is off. And you should never go more than about 3 and a half hours between meals. Trust me, after a while your body will tell you when it's time to eat if you pass that mark!

Good luck and I hope you're having a great start to MF!
nickieluv

Postby MyComplete180 » June 20th, 2009, 9:41 am

Uhh yeah I second the gym concern, I had real issues while exercising, but others have done well doing both, if your loss stalls cut the exercise first. It takes only 6-8 weeks to get in shape if you have lost your weight, for me weight loss is first priority, then the shape up.
MyComplete180
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts