It is currently May 1st, 2024, 5:02 am

News News of The Web Room

Site map of The Web Room » Forum : The Web Room

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Why are there no pictures?

Just wondering if it is my computer ? I logged off and back on but still no avitars.
Read more : Why are there no pictures? | Views : 603 | Replies : 5

Really, Unca, I'm serious about the log in thing! :-)

Hey, Unca -

I know a million and one jokes came after my initial post, but I was seriously inquiring about the new issue I am having with the forum. For two years I've been able to surf the site, all the posts, without logging in - both at home and at work. I have always deleted cookies, so that's not the issue. Now, as of yesterday morning, I am required to log in to ...
Read more : Really, Unca, I'm serious about the log in thing! :-) | Views : 738 | Replies : 6

Hey, Unc -

What's the situation with having Log-In required today? No more surfing?

Cheers,

Lauren
Read more : Log In Required? | Views : 657 | Replies : 14

How Do I set up my hournal

I was wondering was there any special format for setting up my journal...I wrote in the forum and thought I had set up my journal but I dont think so...thanks

marge
Read more : How Do I set up my hournal | Views : 614 | Replies : 5

New Chat Room

I'm working on a new chat room.
It's open to guests. You don't have to register. Just enter your name and log in. If you'd like to be a member you can also register.

We'll see about scheduling some regular chats in the future. Until then feel free to check in and see who's around. I'll be logged in regularily, but I may not be around.

Give me some inputs on what you'd like to ...
Read more : New Chat Room | Views : 26084 | Replies : 32

Unca: Error Message

Hey, Unca:

I kept getting the following error this morning when clicking around in the forum. I was signed on and it happened on several different areas of the forum:

General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 5 Out of memory (Needed 1677720 bytes)

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1199034113 AND s.session_page = 25 ORDER BY ...
Read more : Unca: Error Message | Views : 674 | Replies : 13

debug mode

Hi unca, i have been having a problem with this "debug mode" thing. Every time i try to do something, it goes to a debug mode screen and i have to keep going back and do it again. What is this?
Read more : debug mode | Views : 531 | Replies : 1

a few different questions

Couple of questions:

1. Is there any way to set a certain color/size font as a default for my posts?

2. When signing on, i click on the box "sign me in automatically..." however, whenever i come back to the site, i still have to sign in manually.

3. When i click on "view new posts..." it doesn't seem to pick up all of the new ones. I remember reading somewhere that you have a ...
Read more : a few different questions | Views : 605 | Replies : 7

Posting images of any kind in any place

Why don't you guys make a sticky on this board about ALL the rules and details about posting ALL pictures and images of any kind in any location, including signatures, so that anyone can look them up before hand.

I'm not an idiot, I could have figured that out. But since there IS NOTHING posted about it anywhere (and I looked through every page on the tech forum, found nothing except avatar, before/after photo, and ...
Read more : Posting images of any kind in any place | Views : 666 | Replies : 3

Scheduled Maintainance

Hi All,
We're going to swap servers again to a new and improved platform on this coming Tuesday.

In the past, we've lost a day or two of posts from the migration process, so I'll be shutting down the forum Monday afternoon to hopefully counteract this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Read more : Scheduled Maintainance | Views : 614 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286