Posting images of any kind in any place

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Posting images of any kind in any place

Postby jskm » December 3rd, 2007, 10:01 am

Why don't you guys make a sticky on this board about ALL the rules and details about posting ALL pictures and images of any kind in any location, including signatures, so that anyone can look them up before hand.

I'm not an idiot, I could have figured that out. But since there IS NOTHING posted about it anywhere (and I looked through every page on the tech forum, found nothing except avatar, before/after photo, and weight ticker questions), and there is a function of the signature which disallows it if it becomes too long, and my posted image didn't do that, I thought it was ok. Apparently not. Instead it was better to just arbitrarily edit images out of some members signatures while leaving images in others' and posting the reasons after the fact.

If the rules were clearly stated and out there from the start things like this wouldn't happen in the first place.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » December 3rd, 2007, 11:56 am

I know Unca can handle that question, since he is the one who handles the tech stuff.
I know that when I have tried to add things to my signature the site has barred me from putting in too much data. I think the main thing is the amount of data in the signature can affect the total storage capacity and loading time for the site since when we post each time those images are copied each time. Unca should be able to post something about this when he is on. I will let him know to address that.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jskm » December 3rd, 2007, 3:20 pm

Mike wrote:I know that when I have tried to add things to my signature the site has barred me from putting in too much data.

I know, it did the same thing to me. Which is why when I cut the amount of data down until it was the allowed amount, I thought it must be ok to post. But it wasn't.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 4th, 2007, 9:42 am

Hi Jskm,
I'm sorry I haven't made things more clear about images and tickers.
I'll get a sticky together and post it here in the web room.

That's a great idea.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Web Room