I'm new and this place is great!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm new and this place is great!

Postby mighty3 » January 27th, 2006, 10:09 am

Hi to everyone!
I just found this website and I must say, I am impressed! I have been over 100 pounds over weight for over 15 years. I am 48 now. Several of my co-workers have had amazing success with this program. Because I have been on every diet imaginable without real success, I have decided to do medifast. My advisor recommended a 3 day starter fast (5 shakes daily for 3 days) to kick start and get my body ready for the program. Of course this is pure, unadulterated torture and to make matters worse, it is day 3 and I have not lost one pound! What a way to start! I have faith in this program and I am definitely sticking with it. It's nice to know others have gone through the same thing. My question to anyone is: Have you purchased any of the medifast on ebay? Someone is selling 12 boxes of peanut butter bars for 25.00. Great price, but they are expired. Does anyone know if that would effect the taste?
mighty3

Postby falisamarie » January 27th, 2006, 10:21 am

Welcome mighty

Don't worry you will surely see those lbs dropping soon! Make sure you are drinking your water :water: They really stress that here on the forum. Keep reading :puter: and posting any questions you have and you will prevail

Happy shaking

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2006, 11:11 am

Hi Mighty and welcome to the forum,

We recommend that people do NOT purchase Medifast anywhere than on an authorized TSFL or Medifast website. There's no guarantee's on many of these alternate sites, and you have no idea what you'll receive or if you'll receive it at all.

As for your health advisors advice, I've never heard of doing a fast to "kick start" the program. It would be a good idea to phone or email the Medifast nurse and discuss this with her. I'd also have a talk with your health advisor about his/her advice. If you'd like to PM me his/her name, I'd be glad to talk it over with her.

Your "non-loss" of weight on your first 3 days very well could be because of your low calorie start. I'd suggest you do the 5/1 program, or just 6 shakes if you talk it over with your doctor. The full fast (6 shakes only) is not recommended unless you're working closely with your doctor.

Glad you're enjoying the forum and happy you found us.....
Keep us posted....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Drama Queen » January 27th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Welcome Mighty3,

Glad you found this forum. It is awesome and really helps get you through those weak moments. Keep reading. There are so many inspiring stories posted. Everyone is very warm, supportive and encouraging.

As to your eBay question, I'm with Unca. Be very wary of any deal that is too good to be true. And I would never buy expired product it could be very detrimental to your body and your health.

Keep us up to date on your progress and keep shakin'.

Drama Queen
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Day 12... Still no loss!

Postby Guest » February 6th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Thank you to everyone for your support. I am now on day 12, and still no weight loss. On calorie deficit alone I should be dropping like crazy! I started working out at a gym last week - 5 days of cardio. To my amazement, got on the scale today... nothing! I feel like a cruel joke is being played on me. I'm really following the plan to a T. Today I'm trying to do 3 shakes instead of 2 oatmeal, 1 shake, 2 soups and a pudding. (My usual routine) MF says you can choose ANY 5 supplements, so I don't see what the difference is. I feel good, I'm still hungry of course, but my cravings are gone for the most part. Has anyone else heard of this happening? Most posts are showing rapid weight loss right away. I've only talked to one other person who has had this happen and we are both perplexed. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I really thought this was the answer for me to get this weight off. Now I'm not so sure...

Postby MusicalMomma » February 6th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Hi there mighty3! Well, unless you were excercising regularly before medifast, you should wait until after the 3rd week to begin LIGHT exercise. If you were exercising regularly berfore MF you should have cut yor work out in half. the gradually built up to no more than 45 mins of exercise a day.

Are you getting 5 suppliments AND your lean & green? I'm thinking that between the exercise and possibly not eating enough, your body may be in starvation mode.

I don't know who your health adviser is, but I would recommend sending Unca_Tim that private message he offered to you so he can get you all on the same page :)

Do you have your quick start booklet? If so, get that back out and become VERY familiar with it. It's been a lifesaver for most of us :)

Keep up the good work...we'll help you get straightend out and losing like gang busters :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 6th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Hi!! I have a few questions about your day.

1) Are you doing the full fast or the 5-1 program? If you are doing the full fast you should be having 6 replacements everyday. If you are only doing 5 or less a day then that definetly explains the hunger. Also if you are having too few calories your body will go into starvation mode and actually hold on to the weight and thus you would not lose. If you are doing the full fast you should do so only while under a doctors supervision.

2) Were you exercising before you started Medifast? If you were doing no exercise before starting they recommend that you do not start exercising for 3-4 weeks after starting Medifast so that your body has a chance to adjust to the lower calories and like I said before does not go into starvation mode. If you were exercising before they suggest you cut it in half and only do moderate exercising.

Let us know exactly what you are having in reference to meals and I am sure that some of the others will chime in to.

Don't give up!! This program does work

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Return to Come on in.