This place is so quiet

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Sojourner » July 8th, 2008, 5:58 pm

DogMa wrote:(...I really don't feel I have all that much to contribute anymore).

:roll: As if!!

My unsolicited two cents: Not only do I really enjoy the journals, but one of the things I like most about them is the social element they lend to the forum. The journals allow for folks to "know" each other better than in the pre-journal days. It is sometimes difficult to keep up with everyone, but I've not found the level of support to be compromised at all. In fact, I think (due to the aforementioned camaraderie) the support is better with the journals. I'm really looking forward to the chats, too!

The people who were offended would likely have been offended no matter where they posted. Some people are just more sensitive than others or quick to feel slighted... especially in an online format.

I :heart: the journals!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby summergirl » July 8th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Here I chime in, again. When I was in the days of needing daily support/encouragement, I used to log in and be bummed that there were no new posts, except in the journals... I also feel bad that I can only get on and read a few at a time, lately. I am losing time daily, it seems. :oops: But it's funny, cuz' it's otherwise hard to figure out where TO post things like that-certain support, etc... type issues.

Also-as far as those on transition/maintenance, etc... I love to see your posts. It makes the "Reality" of this experience come alive. OTherwise, it would sometime seem nearly impossible to succeed at this challenge! When I was a total newbie, I loved to get on and look at pics and read from those that were maintaining... It kept me focused on my goal.

Just my 2 cents! :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » July 8th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Sojourner wrote:My unsolicited two cents:

So, can you tell us how you TRULY feel about it Sojo? Hmm? :twisted:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2008, 7:20 am

Ha. Well, thanks, guys. Honestly, I wish there had been some maintainers around when I started (Nancy was the only one at the time). It made me VERY concerned about the program and my long-term prospects. So I get what you're saying.

But then again, I feel like I can contribute more in the journals, because it's more general support. When someone has a specific question about the program, I feel like I have nothing to say because it's changed so much.

Anyway, I try to at least READ the other posts (heck, the way my new job is, I have all the time in the world to read and post).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2008, 7:32 pm

You know what I like...Just logging in and seeing little non-life changing things like "What was tonight's dinner?" or any of the stuff about new shows or new recipes. I used to make it a point to post X amount or more of substantial posts just because I felt like it kept some things going. Serious stuff is good, too, but more people like to read and not always comment on some things, so a mix is good.

I was gone for a long time and noticed the difference, too. Like this week, for example, I ordered some new things that I have never had and feel so behind on them that I try to see what other people have said about those products before asking again. So, yeah, sometimes I end up re-asking the question and in other cases I end up spending time on back posts.

I like reading about these new recipes and flavor combos. I am actually in the process of moving all the recipes and shake ideas to WORD and sorting them out so I can create my own little cookbook that I can print out and laminate/bind it to keep in the kitchen.

Anyway, I am trying my best to check in, but I am not home in the daytime, so I kind of like checking in at night and seeing all the day's posts. Truth be told, I am usually on more like 1-4 am since I sleep so poorly (and rarely).
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 12th, 2008, 11:32 am

I just have to say this for the record.

I'm not anti-journals! I'm, in fact, PRO-journal! I think they're a vital tool in monitoring progress, maintaining focus and realizing patterns from reflection. They're also great to use for collecting encouragements and sources of inspiration.

My only objection is that, on here, the use of journals has preempted other points of primary contact.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2008, 3:15 pm

First of all...Dogma, you contribute more than you will EVER know!

I am also NOT anti-journal, I just sometimes feel guilty about not being able to poke my head in often enough and check in, give encouragement, get it, etc. I also sometimes feel as if I'm prying and can rarely tell if comment or encouragement is needed in a journal or if someone is just posting for progress and doesn't necessarily want my two cents! LOL!

I will take your advice though Robin and post outside the journals as well!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » July 14th, 2008, 8:16 am

Speaking strictly for myself, DeDe, your "2 cents" is always welcome!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SharonR » July 15th, 2008, 8:16 am

sidrah wrote:You know what I like...Just logging in and seeing little non-life changing things like "What was tonight's dinner?" or any of the stuff about new shows or new recipes. I used to make it a point to post X amount or more of substantial posts just because I felt like it kept some things going. Serious stuff is good, too, but more people like to read and not always comment on some things, so a mix is good.

I was gone for a long time and noticed the difference, too. Like this week, for example, I ordered some new things that I have never had and feel so behind on them that I try to see what other people have said about those products before asking again. So, yeah, sometimes I end up re-asking the question and in other cases I end up spending time on back posts.

I like reading about these new recipes and flavor combos. I am actually in the process of moving all the recipes and shake ideas to WORD and sorting them out so I can create my own little cookbook that I can print out and laminate/bind it to keep in the kitchen.

Anyway, I am trying my best to check in, but I am not home in the daytime, so I kind of like checking in at night and seeing all the day's posts. Truth be told, I am usually on more like 1-4 am since I sleep so poorly (and rarely).

Yeah I agree, people use to post what's for dinner, and their NSV and there was always action ALL Over the board, not just in journals. I only read a few journals, because I don't feel I can just pop in and read the whole thing if I don't know someone.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'