This place is so quiet

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby summergirl » June 18th, 2008, 1:10 pm

I am no longer on MF, due to a pregnancy induced break, but I had a heckuva hard time at first. When I first joined was during the super duper slow server time and I totally thought it was my computer! :shock: I had a really big challenge trying to get on and have any progress with posts, etc... I'm glad I kept coming back! :mrgreen:

I know some of the other boards are more active, but honestly I didn't feel that "Everybody knows your name" effect from them. That was the nice thing on here. With it being a little more "focused", you have more availability to feel connected, which is nice ;)
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » June 18th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Its been more hopping the past few days (since you posted this Sharon) than it has since before the last server problem.

Perhaps this will be a happening summer. For me, I am looking forward to the TSFL conference in Orlando. 8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » June 18th, 2008, 7:23 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:
Mike wrote:Perhaps you can help us ladies?

Now that is a revelation. We even stayed in the same room together and I didn't notice....:)

Duuuuuuude.
Mike told you about that "surgery" he had, didn't he, Unca? :twisted:

:roflmao:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » June 18th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Ya'll are too funny. I'm pretty sure Di would know.. ;)

Perhaps its just that I am in touch with ... doh, nope, maybe not.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Sojourner » June 18th, 2008, 8:23 pm

You were saying...???

~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » June 18th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Sojo,

That was just so wrong in just soooo many ways.

:tongue:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2008, 8:43 am

Eyew, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elke » June 24th, 2008, 5:01 am

I get on here when ever I get the chance...maybe I need to get here more often...might help me a bit more in the weight loss and we all know this place is good for a laugh or 2.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 24th, 2008, 11:17 am

I feel as if I've been neglecting this place and I feel bad about it...but 3 jobs and going back to school along with the fact that I couldn't get myself back on program contributed to it.

It is also so hard because of the journals...before the journals, I could pop in and answer a bunch of posts and keep up with everyone's progress and help where I could with my cheerleading, but now I sometimes feel I don't have time to pop my head in everyone's journal and check on each person I care about (because there's so many I'd love to keep up with). Then I feel bad because I have time to check in with a few people on their journals, but not others.

There's new people I haven't met yet that I'd like to. I'll do my best to check in as often as I can and hope everyone is doing well and holler if I can help cheer you on and I so appreciate the cheering on everyone is giving me for my re-start!

D
dede4wd

Postby Charity » June 24th, 2008, 5:48 pm

what happen to biki?
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: Hi

Postby SharonR » June 24th, 2008, 6:32 pm

dede4wd wrote:I feel as if I've been neglecting this place and I feel bad about it...but 3 jobs and going back to school along with the fact that I couldn't get myself back on program contributed to it.

It is also so hard because of the journals...before the journals, I could pop in and answer a bunch of posts and keep up with everyone's progress and help where I could with my cheerleading, but now I sometimes feel I don't have time to pop my head in everyone's journal and check on each person I care about (because there's so many I'd love to keep up with). Then I feel bad because I have time to check in with a few people on their journals, but not others.

There's new people I haven't met yet that I'd like to. I'll do my best to check in as often as I can and hope everyone is doing well and holler if I can help cheer you on and I so appreciate the cheering on everyone is giving me for my re-start!

D

I totally agree, it's the only place people seem to post these days.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 25th, 2008, 7:24 am

Charity wrote:what happen to biki?

She left several months ago, when things were so contentious.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 4:00 am

SharonR wrote:
dede4wd wrote:I feel as if I've been neglecting this place and I feel bad about it...but 3 jobs and going back to school along with the fact that I couldn't get myself back on program contributed to it.

D

I totally agree, it's the only place people seem to post these days.

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! and DITTO!!

Forgive me for not being on more, but that says it -- it takes too long to read through lives instead of issues, and I really do care about every life here, I just don't have the time it takes to wade through it all. (It takes me about 4 times longer to read than average readers, particularly black-on-white, and let's not get into how long it takes to write a response.)

I miss the old pre-journal days. I've often wondered if it would have made a difference if we had established from the get-go that folks NOT respond to each other in journals. On the other hand, it has sure helped a lot of folks with one-on-one type of stuff. But, then, when statements came up in other threads that related back to posts in journals, particularly if it was oblique, I was completely lost and Mike had to explain things to me.

Additionally, and with thanks for those who've urged me to post more, often in my own journal, I don't know what to say. My struggles seem like the same old record and I don't feel they bear repeating. I'm generally a private person, but one wouldn't necessarily know it on here. Or maybe you do. Or maybe you think I'm simply aloof or disconnected or uncaring.

Then again, this may simply be a reactionary ramble at 4:00 a.m.

Nonetheless, as Summergirl stated, this still feels like a comfortable and safe circle of friends and loved ones even if some of stools are empty. But I still miss being able to sign on twice in the same day and seeing something new NOT in the journals.
Last edited by Diana on July 6th, 2008, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » July 6th, 2008, 9:37 am

I totally agree as well. Its great to have a journal, but sometimes the support seems to happen there and not where many of the folks who need it will know that its there.
Also, things in journals at times have gotten out of hand and people have actually left the forum over some of it, so I try to keep the stuff in my own journal about me and my loss... and still it seems people get off topic there (and I have to say I am probably guilty of the same at some point in time :oops: ).
Hopefully, with the group that is currently here, it won't be that way anymore.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby DogMa » July 8th, 2008, 7:13 am

Well, people have gotten upset and left the forum over things posted outside the journals, too, though.

Maybe the folks who don't like the journals so much could make more of an attempt to post outside them. Journal lovers usually read and respond to other posts, too (at least I do, but if it weren't for the journals, I really wouldn't post much here at all since I've been on maintenance so long and the plan has changed so much that I really don't feel I have all that much to contribute anymore).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

PreviousNext

Return to What's Shakin'