It is currently May 5th, 2024, 2:36 am

News News of Diabetes

Site map of Diabetes » Forum : Diabetes

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

Getting enough calories...(Diabetics)

I was just looking over my first shipment of products and I don't know how I will get the recommended at least 800 calories per day. 5 shakes=450 and 4 shakes and 1 bar=490.
Does anyone know how much one standard size boneless, skinless chicken breast and 1 1/2 cup of cooked green beans is worth??
That was going to be my lean and green meal for tonight.

TIA
Jennifer
Read more : Getting enough calories...(Diabetics) | Views : 27095 | Replies : 22

I saw my new doctor today!

My lesser half is at the pharmacy getting my Actos and glucose monitor right now.
Read more : I saw my new doctor today! | Views : 1344 | Replies : 10

I am such a whack job!!!

I had an appointment with my doctor about my type 2 diabetes today. I was just diagnosed in early March. I was in the hospital at the time for a related illness. Anyway, there I was given a prescription for Actos, a diabetes medication. I ran out last week and called my doctor for a refill. The assistant who answered the phone said I could not get a refill unless I saw the doctor first ...
Read more : I am such a whack job!!! | Views : 1184 | Replies : 5

Starved Myself and Triggered Eating Disorder

I was on the Medifast Plan for Diabetics a little over two weeks ago and lost 9 pounds in 4 days. HOWEVER, I was not eating everything I should and started starving myself. I had an eating disorder when I was in my early twenties and it was triggered by my dangerous behavior. I went two days only eating one MF oatmeal. I went to my doctor and confessed to my looniness. I joked that ...
Read more : Starved Myself and Triggered Eating Disorder | Views : 1503 | Replies : 2

Went to Doctor!

Well today I finally went to my Internal Medicine doctor after being on program for two and a half weeks. I am a type II diabetic and was diagnosed in Feb. 2001. Other than during my latest pregnancy (he's 1 last week) I haven't managed my diabetes AT ALL! I mean I have done SQUAT! Sooooooooo to make a long story short I was afraid to go to my doctor with the plan for fear ...
Read more : Went to Doctor! | Views : 2946 | Replies : 25

Does anyone know why the full fast is not recommended

for diabetics? I am on the diabetics supplements. However, I do have to admit, for the first two days, I did not really eat a FULL lean and green meal. I did not trust myself with food. I did have bouillon, sf jello, celery, fat free bologna, 1 radish one day and only asparagus, celery and bouillon in addition to supplements the first day. I lost 9 pounds. The third day, I actually followed directions ...
Read more : Does anyone know why the full fast is not recommended | Views : 1096 | Replies : 1

Products?

I'm not ready to order my next month yet, but I've been looking at what's available. In the diabetic line I see:
bars - only chocolate and peanut butter
shakes - only vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate
Soups - only chicken noodle and minestrone
Oatmeals - I assume all flavors are acceptable.

Anyone else add non-diabetic supplements to their menu?
Read more : Products? | Views : 1243 | Replies : 4

meds changing

I just started MF Sunday so I'm not sure how to adjust my medications yet. I'm testing 3 times a day - and more - to try to figure it out. I haven't stopped any oral meds - Actos and Prandin - but I've been cutting back on my insulin according to what my glucose level is when it's time for a shot.

The biggest change I've found is my level is much more constant ...
Read more : meds changing | Views : 1134 | Replies : 3

Low Blood Sugar

I have Type I diabetes and am running into some trouble with low blood sugar. I don't want to snap out of "keytonville" but I also need some sugar to keep me conscious :brickwall: :?
I try hard to keep things under control but sometimes low blood sugar sneaks up.
Any ideas? (For those who haven't experienced the ...
Read more : Low Blood Sugar | Views : 7072 | Replies : 10

Sorbitol

Hello Gang
I was just curious if the Diabetic Medifast shakes had the same ingredient as the Diabetic bars? I switched to the Diabetic bars and found that I often get a tummy ache due to the MALTITOL/SORBITOL in them..that is what is used for most sugar-free stuff now a days and it does a number on my stomach!! one time I ate a sugar free candy bar with SORBITOL in it..and My stomach was ...
Read more : Sorbitol | Views : 2058 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286