Starved Myself and Triggered Eating Disorder

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

Starved Myself and Triggered Eating Disorder

Postby bikipatra » April 2nd, 2005, 6:39 am

I was on the Medifast Plan for Diabetics a little over two weeks ago and lost 9 pounds in 4 days. HOWEVER, I was not eating everything I should and started starving myself. I had an eating disorder when I was in my early twenties and it was triggered by my dangerous behavior. I went two days only eating one MF oatmeal. I went to my doctor and confessed to my looniness. I joked that I was the fattest anorexic on the planet! I started eating normally again but decided to go back on the MF Diabetic plan and actually follow the eating plan precisely for my health. I was just diagnosed with diabetes a month ago, so I am really committed to weight loss to manage it. Luckily I had sustained my 9 pound loss (despite a pre-weigh in midnight donut binge), and since Wednesday I have lost 5 more pounds. Per Nancy and my Doctor's instructions I am eating a FULL Lean and green meal. I also typically have 3 shakes, an oatmeal and a soup. I love the minestrone. I have two bouillons, two sugar free jello cups, 2 pickles and some celery every day too. I am just being careful and staying healthy!

234/220
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Diabetes

Postby LilMsTexas » April 2nd, 2005, 8:46 am

Thank God you are going to your Doctor and getting sound advice! Please feel free to read and chime in on the diabetic forum. We are trying to get that one up and moving again as there are many of us with diabetes. I have had Type II for 4 years now and I am JUST NOW getting motivated to take care of myself :oops: You will be sooooooooo glad that you are starting now and not when they are threatening insulin injections everyday if you don't do something :shock:

Feel free to be in contact me here, on the diabetic forum, or by PM if you ever need/want to. If nothing else I can be here to listen to your thoughts and feelings about the diabetes. If you are anything like me you will go through a gammit of emotions in the beginning while coming to terms with the diagnosis.

Best of luck to you..........you are already on the path of success! Read my post in the diabetic forum from earlier today.
CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

good for you

Postby LAwoman » April 2nd, 2005, 10:07 am

Welcome bikipatra,

WooHoo! I'm so glad you talked to your Doctor and Nancy and took their advice to follow MF in a healthy manner.

When I first started MF I had this thought in the back of my mind that I should eat less packets and then I'd lose more weight. Fortunately, I just stuck to the plan and everyday feel better and better.

But isn't it "funny" how we're stuck in that mindset of eat less and less and less and we'll just finally lose weight?!? Clearly not so, huh? We do need energy for our bodies to function. MF seems to be the correct and healthy amount to do just that and still lose weight.

Keep to the plan and I know you'll see healthy results.

soon to be,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Return to Diabetes