New to the Forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby scrabbler7 » April 10th, 2005, 5:29 am

I, too, have a husband who would always do special food "treats" for me on special occassions.

I started the program Jan 15th - so for Valentines Day my husband ALWAYS buys me chocolate covered strawberries. At first I asked him not to and he didn't really take me seriously. He said I always get them for you, I'm not going to stop now. What's going to happen if you don't diet for ONE DAY? So I let it go for a few days and when we had a chance to have some quiet time I told him that I really didn't want him to buy them for me this year. That I really want to stick to this plan and I won't be able to do it if he gets me the candy. It's just one year, and next year he can buy the strawberries for me - cause I'll be all skinny and hot -- and he'll probably want to buy me lingerie instead! After we had the talk, he realized I really wanted to do this and he got me flowers and a victoria's secret gift certificate instead! hehehe

For easter this year, instead of the normal candy favorites in my basket, he filled it with chapstick (I'm addicted), books from my favorite author, and there were two plastic eggs in it with JEWELRY inside!! I told my sister, Dang, if I had known I could have been getting jewelry all this time, I would have dieted a long time ago!!!

So, my point on my rather long / drawn out story there is ... please talk to him before he brings the cake home and you do something you don't want to. You will feel OBLIGATED to eat the cake if he does bring it home. Tell him how dedicated you are to this plan, and while you know he gets pleasure from doing that for you, this year you won't be able to handle it.

As for the two day get-away, my hubby and I went to NYC a few weekends ago to see a show ... I was completely able to be program compliant. I brought my shaker jar and water bottles -- had ice from the vending machine and made my shakes in the room. For times that we were walking around the city, I had my bar ready or I had a RTD that I kept cold in the ice bucket in the room. I ate my one meal with him - but was able to have something that qualified for the lean and green. Don't let the fact that you are MFing change how you would normally live your life. It's so easy to make slight changes to your trip that will allow you to still enjoy the trip but stay true to MF.

Good Luck!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » April 10th, 2005, 5:55 am

Excellent post Scrabbler! Man, your DH is GREAT! Luckily I have the same wonderful kind of hubby. He is also watching his weight so the foody treats are not coming home as usual! He is really respecting my wishes.

One night I said to him, "ok, no matter what I say tell me NO". Then I went on and on about how my TOM said I should ahve a DQ blizzard and a chocolate, etc etc. He kept yelling "NO" and by the end we were laughing so hard it hurt! I really wasn't craving those things, just wanted to say them out loud!! Anyway, it was funny!

Talk to your DH 2getskinny. Does he know you're on MF? If he does, talk to him. You will be happy you did!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 10th, 2005, 6:30 am

2getskinny....does your DH know your on this plan?...if so...tell him the best birthday gift he could give you would be his support ....... :heart: ....and if he wouldn't mind postponing your celebration....maybe a 2 day getaway once your closer to goal?.... :huh: ...i'll say some prayers for you and by the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY.... :candle:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 2getskinny » April 11th, 2005, 1:05 am

Hi Everyone-
Thank you for posting and giving me Wonderful support & Great ideas! I spoke to my DH and I told him we don't need to be going anywhere this yr for my B-day......I told him "we can't go honey, We have a contractor coming out this weekend to work on the house." He forgot we have someone coming this coming weekend to "Stuco" our new house we have been building. So got out of the trip for now. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to get away with my DH but right now isnt really a good time. I then told him how I didn't need to be tempted with a B-day cake, He does know that I am on MF, but to him he loves me for me, So I had to sit him down and explain everything to him and now he understands that this means alot to me and the cake would throw me off big time. SO No cake...:) So I think everything will go fine. Still waiting for my TOM. Feeling VERY bloated even with drinking over 96 oz of water..... :(
2getskinny

Congratulations

Postby hhyta » April 11th, 2005, 9:35 pm

Congratulations! I have been on MF for 6 days and I went for my first official weigh-in today at dr. and 7 pounds are GONE! Yeah! I am doing this with my husband and he lost 11! We feel great and have a TON of energy. Keep going-you're off to a great start. Although I don't send many messages, I love and appreciate the support of this forum immensely! Heidi
hhyta

Postby scrabbler7 » April 12th, 2005, 10:57 am

Hi Heidi - great to see you posting. Wonderful job on the 7 lb loss - I bet your doctor was very excited about it!
scrabbler7

Previous

Return to Come on in.