New, Nervous and Determined

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New, Nervous and Determined

Postby martha » May 15th, 2005, 10:38 pm

Hi, I'm Martha-- I am a caregiver and house bound.. 1st couple of weeks on this program and so far i am down from 267.50 to 243.50 this morning. don't so computers very well but am determined to give this 100%.. hardly ever get to leave the house and I need any and all the support I can get... the scale is driving me batty:so I have decided not to weigh except on Sundays.. is it true you can do some days all shakes and some days you can eat 1 meal? HELP!!!!!!!!!! : :?
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fatBgone » May 15th, 2005, 10:52 pm

WOW - Marty,
24 pounds of flab gone forever in just a couple of weeks is totally awesome!!! You should be thrilled!!

I'm glad you're here - even if you "don't do computers" too well. You'll see that soon you'll be a typing queen, because this board is so addictive that you won't be able to stay away...and if you're home most of the time, then you'll have extra time to read and keep up with all of us!!

To answer your question...there are 2 types of plans...the Complete (which is 6 shakes a day & you should be monitored by your Dr. if you do this one) and the 5/1 which is the one where you do 5 Medifast meals and 1 meal (lean/green).

I'm sure one of the wonderful Health Advisors will jump on and give you more detailed info, but that was just a quick answer for now.

What have you been doing....all shakes or having a meal also? Whatever you're doing is apparently working wonders!! Keep up the good work!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 15th, 2005, 11:51 pm

Hi, Marty ~

You are doing great to have dumped 24 pounds already - keep on doing what you are doing!

There are some days when a person is busy and 6 Medifast products fill the bill; when you are able, be sure to do the 5 and 1 - follow the program in your Quick Start Booklet exactly as it is written and you will continue to see your clothing get baggier!

So happy that you have joined us! :wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 16th, 2005, 2:48 am

Welcome Martha! Congrats on your loss so far. I am getting over being rather housebound myself. I was not a caregiver, just kind of weird and not used to getting out. Sometimes I think we homebound (whether by choice or duty) have a unique burden. The refrigerator is always nearby! Back when I worked out in an office I was so busy I sometimes didn't get a lunch break. Now, I am a clock watcher, asking myself "Has it been three hours yet?" Well,I look forward to getting to know you.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » May 16th, 2005, 6:38 am

Biki ~

:shock: You are right - meal time comes sooner when you're at home, in the :goldprowl: car or on an airplane: more time to have grub on the mind...

I rarely watch TV at home - too many :bib: foody commercials and it always triggers "hunger" for me, guess I listened to the Mickey D's jingle too much, "You DESERVE a break today at McDonald’s."

Foodies do NOT deserve a BREAK for food! Maybe a break FROM food!

Food is not our friend.
It isn't our :twisted: enemy either, it is just food.

We must not give it power to control what we do, we must not allow food to affect how we think about ourselves and we need to know it is just food - a fuel source to give us energy to be who we are meant to be and to do what we need to do - food becomes our hips, our thighs, chins and our buns, if we give it power to control us.

:x We will NOT let the chips or the cheesecake win!

Better yet, never let them cross the threshold of your home!

Turn off the tube, turn on the radio or the CD player and :yay: the day away in a positive way! :dance:
:toast: Have a shake, People and be fueled!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DonicaB » May 16th, 2005, 8:53 am

Hi Martha~~I love the title of your post.....New, Nervous and Determined. That is exactly how I felt when I first started about 7 weeks ago.

I have not regretted for even 1 minute the decision to do MF. I feel sooooo much better. :yippee:

This forum is a key element in my success to this point. I get so much encouragement and inspiration from the folks here that I just want to keep going. :runner:

You have made a great choice and coming here will help you stay the course.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » May 16th, 2005, 11:56 am

hi martha

congrats on your weight loss so far! that is wonderful! i wanted to chime in because i too work from home and am alone a lot. i have found this site invaluable. i just come on here and read sometimes. it helps me get through tough moments.

so keep showing up, typing and shakin!
leeann

:bounce:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby bikipatra » May 16th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Nancy I was going to mention the TV reminding me of food but didn't want to sound weak! Thanks for saying it for me.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby martha » May 16th, 2005, 8:20 pm

Thanks to everyone for replying..I eat 1 meal some days and all shakes some days.Is this okay?? some days I don't really feel like having all of the shakes but since reading this forum I realize to get all the benefits MF has to offer I must.. So as of a couple days ago I am on track.. I started walking 30 minutes a day after I put my mom back into bed.I hope I can continue but I don't get outside hardly at all unless it's to take her to the Dr's office.. or the hospital.. we are there alot and before I would raid the machines all day until late at night but now I can just take my shakes with me...What a relief.. I took them with me 3 times last week and shook them right in the hospital and enjoyed them so much.. my mom ate and i drank..YEAH!!! It's been a long time since I could say that.. Have been thinking about winsor pilates..any suggestions?? I don't get very much adult stimulation at home and am going to rely on this forum for all the support you can give.. My husband is a captain on a tugboat and is only home 8 times a year.. He is even doing this program with me.. I need it---Thanks Again--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » May 16th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Marty ~

Yes, you may use the 5 and 1 Program some days and the 6/0 plan other days, depending upon your schedule.

I didn't do any formal exercise during my weight loss program at all. I began exercising during transition. Allow yourself some slack right now, Marty Girl - you are making a major dietary change right now - focus on that part now and progressively increase your exercise as your weight is reduced and as you are able. Walking is an excellent beginning exercise.

It is important to try to relax and get plenty of rest, especially in the beginning stages as your body adjusts to the fat burning state. Drink plenty of water.

Don't even Think about skipping a shake or a meal...ever! :whip:

You are doing a very wonderful thing caring for your Mom – not everyone is able to do it and not everyone is willing to do it. I cared for my Grammy for five years and I know it is not easy for the dear One who is being cared for either. I also learned the importance of taking time out for me, too – personal time energizes us for the tasks at hand – be good to yourself and good to your Momma by eating the things that are healthy and good for you.
:rose:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » May 17th, 2005, 4:36 am

Thanks Nancy.. I will give my body time too adjust to the program and fat burning before I start anything other than walking a few times a week if I can get out.. i keep forgetting this is not like the others(WW, Tops and all the others) that want you to exercise, exercise, excerise!!! I need to learn to relax more and I don't get 8 hours of rest hardly at all cause of my lifestyle and constant interruptions at night BUT I am now making an effort to get back in the bed after each of my nightly runs to her room and that is a start for me.. I love MF.. It is soo easy to do.. Can't believe I was sooo scared to try it before.. I am so thankful for the commericals on cable that came on over and over and over...i called and they kept sending me info over and over till I finally looked on the internet and found your web site...WHAT A BLESSING !!!!!!!!! The encouragement and understanding on your forums is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! that's just what I need --Thanks-Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby armeewyf » May 17th, 2005, 3:10 pm

I'm glad to know I am not the only one that thinks staying at home makes dieting harder...I am a stay at home mom to a 2 year old, take grad classes that are all online and do part time contract work that is all online. So I am most always home. My husband said its much easier for me to stay on a diet because I have the "benefit" of being at home....if he only knew. Having his junk food and the refrigerator 10 feet from where I do my work is not a "benefit"....

:lol:
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 17th, 2005, 4:49 pm

......Marty........ :wavie: ......Welcome.........I'm so glad you are part of this wonderful losing team.......... :goteam: ...........and this forum will become a priceless benefit...... :thumbup: ...........being a caregiver can have it's rewards & challenges...... :hug: .......you will not feel so alone any longer as the people you will meet here will touch your life and possibly fill a void... :hmmm: .....not to mention........keep you laughing........ :roflmao: ..............anyway so glad you are traveling the journey with us...... :D ......may you be blessed with much strength and success...................keep shakin.... :dance: ....your doing great
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » May 30th, 2005, 9:32 pm

wanted to say thanks to all of you-- don't know why I was so nervous.. what a great group of people you all are.. the forum is GREAT!!!! so far so good.. down 33.0 pounds since april 18th.. all of you have made this such an enjoyable experience for me.. with being a homebound caregiver I don't get alot of adult conversation.. this forum has helped me keep going.. i am just now getting where i am not afraid of sounding like a dummy when I try to post on here.. Thanks again for all the advice and help--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » May 30th, 2005, 9:41 pm

Darlin' ~

Aw... :hug: many many Medihugs to you. You are doing great, Marty.

Just a few more pounds and you'll be ready to :boing: and we'll sing "Man Alive! She's down 35!"

We are so glad that you are part of the MakeMeThinner Family of Losers!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.