Determined to be successful on this program

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Determined to be successful on this program

Postby PJinCali » April 24th, 2006, 12:43 am

I am determined to be successful on this program. I have been depressed about being overweight for a long time and while watching a show called Intervention today, I made up my mind to start doing something about it. This show had a young woman named Selina who is bulimic. She was eating huge amounts of food but throwing it up several times a day. She has been doing this for many years and her family decided to do an intervention to get her into treatment. What made me decide to start the medifast program was that I caught myself thinking "that's not so bad, look how skinny she is" and "I could do that (shove a toothbrush down my throat to throw up) "and be skinny too" WHAT!!! :bricks: that is just crazy thinking and I realized just how desperate I am.

I decided to start the program Monday morning (today). I received the medifast products last week but (for some strange reason) could not get started. I hope I am as successful as all of you :D
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 24th, 2006, 4:03 am

:wave: Welcome! We're glad you found us. Your determination is what it takes to be successful with losing weight! Way to go!

You will be getting the hang of things in no time soon and we'll be watching for you to announce the weight falling off within days! Keep up the determined attitude and use this forum for support and encouragement! Welcome to the best place for losing weight! :thumbup:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 24th, 2006, 5:39 am

Welcome to the group :goteam: I know that you will love the results you will receive with Medifast! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing or if you have any questions.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby mamabear » April 24th, 2006, 6:43 am

Welcome! :wave: Having the determination will take you a long way! I know you'll do great!!! :mrgreen:
mamabear

Postby Pashta » April 24th, 2006, 6:52 am

Wow what a wake up call huh? :shock:

Welcome to the program, it really does work, just stick with it 100%! Don't forget your allowed snacks (the first few days I think everyone needs them) and drink tons of water and you will make it no problem!

If you feel like your resolve is getting low, instead of putting something in your mouth, come here and read, read read or post, post, post! :D
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » April 24th, 2006, 8:19 am

I've recently had a revelation and will be sharing in my own post. Just wanted to say welcome aboard! You will find the products are very tasty (I love the RTD shakes and pudding the best) and once in the groove the program is very do-able. Best of luck and get ready to shake a lot less of YOU in the future!!!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby supermom » April 24th, 2006, 8:39 am

Welcome aboard. I am glad you decided to get started. We will be here all the way through with you. Just log on and read and post everyday. Let us know what your fears are and we will try to walk you through them.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MISSANNE » April 24th, 2006, 8:50 am

Welcome! :hug:

With a positive attitude you will do great!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Tiolazz » April 24th, 2006, 8:51 am

Just wanted to Welcome you PJ, and wish you the very best of luck.

The first few days can be hard, and emotional, but just keep telling yourself that you can and will do this.

And this board will help you so much, you have no idea the support you will get.

We are all here for you girl, just give us a shout if you need anything....

Remember....

We can do this......

Terri

Tiolazz

Postby Shana » April 24th, 2006, 9:17 am

Hi PJ - welcome to the forum! I know you're going to have a ton of success on Medifast! It's a fantastic program that just gets easier the longer you're on it!
If you ever have questions or are tempted to cheat or just need some cheering on, this is a TERRIFIC place to be! We all want you to be successful!
Shana

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 24th, 2006, 7:45 pm

to our group. I think you'll find that you can be as successful as the rest of us. We are all in the same boat and have the same struggles. If we can do it then so can you. Just jump right in and start reading & posting as often as you can. It's very helpful and helps keep you on track. I look forward to hearing from you as you begin your journey.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Becky » April 24th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Yeah!! another person on the road to getting happy & healthy. I'm so proud of you for making the decision to get started & realizing your need to make some changes. You will be feeling so good in no time at all. I can't wait to hear about your success. Keep in touch with all of us. Having support & being accountable are some of the best things for keeping you on track. And it's great to be getting started early before summer is here. We look forward to seeing less of you! B. :lol:
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Thank you for making me feel so welcome

Postby PJinCali » April 24th, 2006, 11:10 pm

8) Everyone was right on the money! The first day was difficult but I stuck to it. I really appreciate all the creative ways to prepare the shakes and meals so they taste good.

This message forum is so positive it really played a huge part in my decesion to order the prodects and start the program.

I do have one question for all you experts. I blend the shakes in the blender but still have a little bit of a gritty feel when I drink them. Is this just the way it is or should I do something different? :-P

Thanks you all for your support and encougement.

PJ
PJinCali

Postby Arklahoma » April 25th, 2006, 4:50 am

PJ ... I only drink the RTD's for this reason; however, many people do drink these. I'm certain that someone will stop by soon with a tip or a trick.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mom23 » April 25th, 2006, 5:01 am

I only drink the banana (and sometimes the orange) shakes. :) I have noticed the 'grittiness', but it is not bothersome to me when I make my shakes in my smoothie blender with about 3 or 4 ice cubes. The ice gets crushed in the blending process, so the grittiness is "lost" with the icey texture of the shake. :toast:

BTW, congratulations on getting through your first day of Medifast. You will be getting the hang of things soon and we all be watching the pounds drop like crazy! :D
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23

Next

Return to Come on in.