Ashamed but determined....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ashamed but determined....

Postby FORMOMMY » September 11th, 2006, 6:10 am

Well, I THOUGHT I had got right back to it at the end of July when we finally moved to our new house. However, my schedule at work and the stress and weird hours trying to unpack and get settled took its toll. I am ashamed to admit it but know that I have to.

I don't want to feel like a failure so I keep remembering how well I did prior to my "fall". I did not weigh myself this morning (not sure where the scale is anyway - still have MAJOR unpacking to do...it is unbelievable how much STUFF we have. I am making keep piles, yard sale piles and throw out piles. I figure if I haven't looked at it in the 10 years it was in the basement or attic at our other house, why do I need it now!!). I am doing like falisamarie - I will weigh in a month from now. Unlike Lisa, my clothes have finally gotten to the tight stage so I know I am at the point of no return. I HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!

I have started this morning and will not look back. Because of my schedule I cannot post as much as I did but I do check out as many posts as I can. I am so thrilled with all those who have reached goal (Drama Queen, Dogma, Lizabette) and for those that have reached major milestones. WElcome to all the newbies and I hope that my schedule lets up soon so that I can get to know you all better.

Have a wonderful day Medfasters and I look forward to reaching goal myself!! God Bless all of you for your ideas, encouragement and support.

Happy Monday!!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cyn » September 11th, 2006, 6:39 am

Michelle~Sounds like you have your hands full!! I hate unpacking! I sure dont envy you there. I know exactly what you mean about not posting. I come here and read alot of threads but then I get busy and dont reply alot. I do get alot from this place though and it has helped me a great deal to stay focused and inspired. Good luck with your continued weight loss.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby JeepGirl » September 11th, 2006, 8:19 am

Hi Michelle.. As you know there are always times when stress overwhelms us and we get off plan. The positive thing is you know that MF and you know that you can do it so you will be able to get past this hurdle and on your way to a healther you before ya know it!!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » September 11th, 2006, 9:14 am

Michelle, there's no need for shame. You're working on the rest of your life with this program, so some detours are pretty much inevitable. So what if you backslid a bit or you hit goal a month or two later? When you're 90, do you really think you're going to care?

The important thing is that you're back. If you just buckle down and do it, you'll be back on track in no time.

(And I moved into my house in May and I'm STILL unpacking. It's never-ending, I think.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » September 11th, 2006, 9:19 am

Hi There,
Robin gave you the most wonderful reply. She is sooo right. This is a lifetime project.. that's exactly why it's called Take Shape for Life.
You'll make it :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » September 11th, 2006, 3:09 pm

OH Michelle I am so glad to hear from you! I too am still unpacking and I think Robin is right it is never ending. We can do this together with each other and with God to help!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » September 11th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Thanks for the encouragement you guys...I knew I could count on you :)

Lisa and Robin - you are right, it sure looks like a never ending job of unpacking. I swear they multiply at night while I am sleeping. Between being the sole breadwinner, taking care of unpacking and a husband and 2 kids, I kind of lost track of why I started MF to begin with - to be around to do all those things for a very long time.

Well, today went well even though I had some kind of stomach bug overnight that had me in the potty a few times. I worked late tonight and didn't get home until about 10 minutes before the girls had to go to bed - a very long day. But my wonderful hubby had a lean and green waiting for me :)

So now I need to not "snack" as I have been over the last few weeks...that is the toughest for me right now I've noticed. The snacking was more about emotional release and winding down than it was about being hungry. If I can keep reminding myself about that, I will be able to get through this first week.

I need to claim my verse that I've had in my signature line since I started and cling to it when things get tough.

Thanks again for the encouragement. I just wish I could catch up on all I missed but there aren't enough hours in the day - ha!
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby DogMa » September 11th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Maybe you can find another way to unwind once the girls are in bed? A relaxing shower or bath, half an hour or an hour with a good book or a favorite magazine (depending on what kind of time you have)? Some time listening to music? Whatever it is that relaxes you and helps you unwind, but maybe try to take some time just for yourself. (Heck, maybe a nice walk or other physical activity. A yoga/stretching tape? Something like that.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » September 11th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Michelle ~ So glad to hear from you. I know your schedule is tight, just like mine, now that school has started again. I also know the "sole breadwinner" feeling. Some days it just feel so confining ... school, work, family, weight loss ... ARGHHH!!!
:x

Keep your chin up.
You and I can do this!!!
Arklahoma

Postby FORMOMMY » September 12th, 2006, 6:55 am

Thanks Robin for the ideas. I am up by 6:00a - out the door with the girls by 7:15a to get them to school by 7:50a. Then I leave them and get to work around 8:15a and stay there anywhere from 5:30 (real quitting time) to 7:00p (sometimes later). So if I left at 6:50 like last night - I get home by 7:20p just in time to kiss the girls goodnight, read our bible verses, pray and shut the lights out. THen it is time for me to eat my lean and green. So that will bring me to about 8:30 by the time it is all said and done and I am exhausted at that point! I try to get to bed by 10 but usually it is 11 by the time I get things ready for the next day - throw in laundry or whatever. So I don't know when I can work some of the things you suggested in - but I will have to try or I will just turn into one big stress ball!!!

Arkie - thanks, I am sure you totally understand (as many of you on the board probably do). I didn't mean to have a pity party at all because I know there are so many of us who live this type of lifestyle. No excuses - just wanted to jot down why I think I have had a tough time getting back to MF.

I need to make losing weight a priority again and that is the bottom line.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Arklahoma » September 12th, 2006, 10:13 am

FORMOMMY wrote: ... Arkie - thanks, I am sure you totally understand (as many of you on the board probably do). I didn't mean to have a pity party at all because I know there are so many of us who live this type of lifestyle. No excuses - just wanted to jot down why I think I have had a tough time getting back to MF.

I need to make losing weight a priority again and that is the bottom line.

No need to explain. I just wanted you to know that you are NOT alone. Some days are really, really hard.
Arklahoma

Postby JKSRN » September 12th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Michelle, nothing to be "ashamed" about, so glad that you are back here with all of us---no shame in that!!! Welcome back! Hope that your knee got straightened out! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby alohacate » September 12th, 2006, 2:34 pm

No shame sista, let's get shakin!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room