Sojo, as usual you're just so subtle! :lol: :heart:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Determined » October 18th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Biki, I've seen your photos and you are the Clavicle Muse! So I think you'll just have to accept the enthusiasm you inspire :)

About a month pre-MF (August) I =had= to shop for some larger clothes to wear to client meetings. I bought this nice top -- not sure if it's meant to be a blouse or a jacket -- could be worn as either, I suppose. Anyway, could not button it due to big bust, so I wore it as a jacket.

Well... yesterday I thought I could probably wear it as a blouse. But noooo.... I still had to wear it as a jacket because now it's swimming on me :woohoo:

It's time to trade my husband's XL tshirts for my own smaller ones. I'm still wearing these baggy clothes to disguise what's not there any more. So when I look in the mirror, I look larger & dumpier than I really am. Yep, time to go through the closet!

I have two deliciously sinful MF bars left. I've been very good with them, 1/mid-day, but I saw a post wherein someone said her/his weight loss stepped up dramatically after cutting out the bars. Maybe they're responsible for this slow-down. So I'm going to save those two for when I'm in =desperate= need of a treat. And you know what? I can do that... I don't feel like I =need= them every day. They're just a meal now (a very tasty one) rather than a reward.
Determined
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 19th, 2007, 5:03 am

I love being called a muse-thank you!!! :lol:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby rodeomom » October 19th, 2007, 6:19 am

Congratulations on the clothing fairy visit. Don't you just LOVE being able to clean out your closet and get rid of stuff because it is too BIG? :Woo hoo:
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 19th, 2007, 6:21 am

I meant :woohoo: You also made a HUGE step in that you are now not thinking of bars as rewards. They are simply a very good meal. That is how all food should be. A meal meant to nurish our bodies.

Job well done :trophy: :clapclap:
rodeomom

Postby Determined » October 19th, 2007, 9:20 pm

Tonight I decided to have some baked fish with a can of crushed tomatoes over it. This is probably the first canned item I've had in 2 months -- I've been eating only fresh vegetables. It was AWFUL! It tasted so metallic, so... canned. It was a good name brand too. I've been eating this all my life?

I just had a vision of myself shopping in organic markets, skinning bushels of tomatoes, cooking, bottling. I get tired just thinking about it.

Will ANY convenience foods taste good from now on? (sigh)
Determined

Postby bikipatra » October 20th, 2007, 2:30 am

Determined wrote:Will ANY convenience foods taste good from now on? (sigh)

I have found now that I am on WW Core that I prefer simple whole foods. There are lots of canned options I can have but I prefer fresh fruits and vegetables. The only canned food I can't live without are FF refried beans. I'm half Mexican so I love my beans. I also like Goya black beans from the can. I coud make my own beans but these aren't bad at all. I went over 300 days without eating refried beans which must be some kind of record for someone who grew up like I did. It's like not drinking water for 300 days. I don't even buy flavored yogurt. I don't make my own yogurt, which some people do, but I buy FF plain yogurt and add fruit and splenda. I sometimes add Watkins Danish Pastry extract. Very delicious!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Determined » October 20th, 2007, 11:11 am

Lovely 150.4 greeted me today! By my weekly weigh-in Monday morning, I will be in the 140's.

I recall an "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode wherein Ray needed to know Debra's weight for a form he was filling out. She said, "Why do they need to know that? Just leave it blank." Ray said, "OK, I'll put down 140." She blurted out, "I'm SO not 140!"

I'm SO looking forward to saying that! One more month (fingers crossed).
Determined

Postby Determined » October 24th, 2007, 4:36 pm

I have NOT made it into the 140's yet :( I'm hovering -- 150.8, 151.4, 150.4, 150.8. Sleep schedule is messed up again. Not drinking as much water as I should. Not eating as much as I should! Tired, lethargic, depressed, cold (refuse to turn on the heat yet). Work is very frustrating this week. I've run out of vegetables except for some tired cabbage. I hate shopping! (Evert Fresh Green Bags are a lifesaver.) I salivate at commercials for McDonalds, Toll House cookies, Red Lobster, etc. Oh how I want a "real" meal, meaning one with potatoes! But I'm still Determined, though tired of being so.

Sometimes I close my eyes and eat a Twinkie. Imagine it as clearly as I can... the crackle of the package as I open it, how it smells, its texture & weight, the gush of cream as I bite into it, a sip of tea between bites... every detail down to scraping the dough off the cardboard. It's as satisfying as the real thing, and you would THINK guilt-free. But I can't help feeling I should imagine an orange instead. :D

I've ordered some Somersweet, so I'll report on my MF Creme Brulee soon! (See Lean Cuisine forum.) It's pricey, but it'll be worth it if it caramelizes as promised.

I took measurements when I started MF on Sept 3. I don't have a waist measurement as I didn't know where it was, so I just measured the various lumps :D I should re-measure just to cheer myself. Pants that were snug around my leg are downright loose now, and permanently stretched-out where my tummy used to bulge them out. Sooo satisfying! Such a big change after losing only 15 lbs. Makes me wonder if I really have 20 more excess pounds there.

My driver's license says 110 lbs! Last time I had it renewed, the woman said, "110?" and raised an eyebrow. I wanted to slap her. It was true at some point in time. Well, who knows? If I make it to 130, maybe I'll try for a totally girlish figure.

Edited to change last sentence: "WHEN I make it to 130..."
Determined

Postby rodeomom » October 24th, 2007, 5:24 pm

I so know how you feel! Think about it though, while it may seem so tempting to just say "@#$#% it, I'm eating a _______" (fill in the blank). Would it be really be worth it? I really don't think it would be. Imagine the three days it would take to get back into ketosis, the headach (at least I had one on day one), the cravings for more of what you shouldn't have. In my opinion, staying on the program is much easier than cheating and starting over again. You should get some of the McCormick's French Vanilla Extract. I use it in my cappachino sometimes and WOW what a nice treat it is.

Hang in there, you are half way there and throwing in the towel now would be such a shame.!
rodeomom

Postby Determined » October 25th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Nope, I'm not cheating. Come Thanksgiving though... maybe :D

149.6 this morning! Buh-bye 150's! :nana:
Determined

Previous

Return to My Journal