NEW TO MEDIFAST

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

NEW TO MEDIFAST

Postby HANK » August 14th, 2007, 8:01 am

Just starting with my wife I am really doing it in support of her BUT I want to lose about 15 lbs. My question is I lift weights three to four days a week can I expect to lose this final 15?
HANK

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 14th, 2007, 9:04 am

Hi there Hank! :wave:

Welcome to Medifast, you and your wife!

You can DEFINITELY lose your final 15 on this. Probably a lot faster than you think... I would not be shocked if you did it in a month, or a bit less! Guys are lucky that way ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 14th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Hank,
You can definitely lose it. Just remember, that if you have already been exercising, cut it in half the first 3 weeks. If you are just starting to exercise... stop...

You need to wait about 3 weeks to let your body adjust. After that, add it in a bit and check how your body does.

Congrats, welcome, and don't forget to register on the site.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby alpha femme » August 14th, 2007, 8:05 pm

I'm not sure mf is reasonable for someone who is lifting weights and only wants to lose 15#. It seems pretty irresponsible to recommend the program for this situation. If you were to go 'lean and green" for three meals a day and add 2 100 calorie snacks (to total about 1600 calories a day), you would lose weight very rapidly.

MF is something everyone on here believes in-- but we really need to be responsible. Fifteen pounds on a man is very different than 15 on a woman; you can lose it more effectively through sensible eating and continuing your exercise routine. ;) You can still support your wife through extra lovin'.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 14th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Actually, I think it would be fine to do this program, with some modifications.
This program, and I emphasize program (not diet - as diets don't work), can be a healthy lifestyle change for anybody.

Its really about deciding to make a change and eating healthfully. If your choice is to use Medifast meal replacements to help you, then go for it.

I would suggest, however, as Alpha was alluding to, that you not follow the 5 & 1 as your wife may be doing. You may want to do a modified maintenance style program that includes 3 medifast replacements and 2 lean and greens.

Kudos to you for wanting to support your wife.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » August 15th, 2007, 9:12 am

Personally I would just lose the 15 pounds and then start lifting weights. You will lose it quick if you just stick to the plan. Good luck and have your wife join us, we love to have her!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Re: NEW TO MEDIFAST

Postby Lizabette » August 15th, 2007, 3:03 pm

HANK wrote:Just starting with my wife I am really doing it in support of her BUT I want to lose about 15 lbs. My question is I lift weights three to four days a week can I expect to lose this final 15?

Welcome HANK. Great of you to be so supportive of your wife.
Both of you can benefit from Medifast.
Congratulations to you both!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.