Need motivation

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need motivation

Postby Anabel » June 29th, 2007, 5:56 am

This is my second week and my weight hasn't changed in five days and I don't know why. I am getting very upset about this and have moments when I would like to give up. I am not exercising yet, so it can't be an increase of muscle building up, I haven't cheated at all, I am not getting close to getting my period, I am drinking more than 68oz of water a day, I am not adding any condiments to add certain flavors to my food yet. I really don't know why. It's have 40lbs to loose and noting's happening. I know that the weight stalls after a while but I haven't even been on the programm two weeks yet.
Please help.
~ANABEL~
Anabel

Postby Tawanda » June 29th, 2007, 7:24 am

Anabel, my only suggestion is that you continue to follow the program and give it time. Many do have a stall after a few weeks, but since each of our metabolisms is so unique, it is impossible to know when or if a stall will occur. Perhaps with your unique metabolism, you are 'enjoying' :roll: :? the stall a bit earlier than many.

Giving up on the program now is not going to get you to goal for positive (I know you knew that :lol:) and sticking with the program through the tough times (such as now) is what will work. You are, unfortunately, getting to practice patience and maintenance early on in your journey.

Don't give up, don't give in and just grit your teeth, drink your water, eat your supplements at the recommended times....eat an approved Lean & Green each day and revel in the fact that this *will* work and some times it just takes more patience and time.

Keep posting......keep doing the program and it WILL work! Sorry you are having a discouraging time right now.....but that *will* change.

Patience and time (big sigh from me as I would love results faster, too!)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » June 29th, 2007, 8:40 am

Hi there,
There are lots of things that affect weight loss. Lack of sleep, stress, and even the temperature are a few. Are you getting in all your meals? I'm assuming you're on a 5/1. If you cut your caloric intake too low .. your body will not part with the weight. Are you weighing your lean portion of the "lean and green"? It's hard to guesstimate. How about the veggies .. are you measuring. And lastly are you checking the new Quick Start and making sure for now -- that you are using the leanest meats and the lowest in carbs as far as veggies. Also watch the salad dressing .. some add lots more than we need. I like the "salad spritzers". It only takes a very few sprays and I'm fine.
Let us know how you're doing. It would be helpful if you printed out your eating schedule for the day. Are you having your first meal within 30 minutes of getting up? ( I like 30 minutes) We want to kick your metabolism in for the day. Make sure to only have one bar and don't have it as your first or last meal. You will make it :D ... those pesky pounds won't be there toooo long... you just may need a bit of an adjustment.
I'll be watching for you
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mike » June 29th, 2007, 10:40 am

All that stuff that these awesome ladies said. Also, I know some foks drink more water to help. It can also be the time you eat, how often you spoace your meals, which meals you have, etc. Also, as Jan alluded to, make sure the L&G is the right amount...
With that said, I think time will tell... give it a few days and see what happens.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 29th, 2007, 12:49 pm

As Jan said, it would be helpful if you posted exactly what you're having and when.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Anabel » June 30th, 2007, 5:48 am

Thank you for all your responses. My day looks like this

0830 - Shake
1100 - Shake or oatmeal
1330 - Bar
1600 - Shake
1830 - L&G
2100 - Pudding

My L&G is usually 3 cups of iceberg lettuce with 2tsp olive oil and vinegar. And then I have either two soy burger patties (Boca or Morningstar) or I have 7oz of scallops or shrimps. Every now and then I add a little bit of mustard to my salad.

Posting my same worry on the medifast board I received a lot of replies from others that went through exactly the same on their second week but then started losing again on their third week. So, here is hoping. I am still a little bumped but having shakes and bars every day makes me stay on the programm because to me they are yummy (at least most shakes...lol)
~ANABEL~
Anabel

Postby Anabel » June 30th, 2007, 5:50 am

Oh, I forgot to say that I have my breakfast usually within 15 minutes of getting up after I have gotten my boys out of bed.
~ANABEL~
Anabel

Postby Unca_Tim » June 30th, 2007, 8:46 am

Hi Anabel,
Looks like you're right on track. It's very common for a slow down around week 2-4. We see it all the time here.

Keep on keepin' on and the lbs will come off.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room