Motivation Needed

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Motivation Needed

Postby elle4nelly » May 5th, 2004, 11:26 am

Hi Gang!

Well...
I've lost all motivations for Medifast. Haven't come off the conductor seat yet but I went through a month of total boredom with it. And now, I'm in danger any moment now of jumping off the wagon. I really WANT THIN. But each times I go on a diet, I hit an emotional Plateau eventually. I get all blue because, I really want to get to goal but resent having to be on diet for so long. I know...that doesn't even sound right. There is no way around not dieting. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore...
Help! I'm demotivated. Pump me up! Say anything! Club me on the head and remind me WHY I should keep on sipping medifast??

Your conductor is falling asleep at the wheels and in danger of derailing this train! :(

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » May 5th, 2004, 12:01 pm

Nelly:

One Question:

At the end of the day today would you rather be farther from your goal weight or closer to it?

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » May 5th, 2004, 2:46 pm

:hammerhead1: :oops:

Thank you Carie!
I rather be closer to my goal at day's end. I just turn into a selfbeating idiot when I diet! I get to a point where I get mad at myself for having to diet in the first place. It happens with each diet attempts. Soon or later...I get to a place where I am soo bored with it all..then I get resentful of myself for letting myself go for years and thus getting fat. Not to mention having to go through stringent methods to shed the weight I accumulated because my stupid Arse didn't care. I just can't believe I let my self get here!!! Then my mother is of no help. I visited her a month back and she pulls a picture of me at 123lbs yeah...that's what I weighed years back..and she tells my friend " I don't know what happened to Nelly...She used to be so skinny and dress nice..blah blah.." I didn't get mad because I love my mom. But I do admit...that comment's been burning a whole in my heart and he more I think about it the more discourage I get and soon I might just drop off the diet...that's how I've quit each previous time. This is the most tenacious I have ever been on a diet!!!! I passed the 10 week mark, and the weight I have plateaud at dring all my last 5 diets. I haven't weighed myself since I restarted Medifast early April...But I went from wearing size 20 in february to 14 as of now. I should be glad I'm wearing size 14 . But I'm not.....I'm tired and wish I was a size 8 Yesterday!!
I don't know what's wrong with me...but it better pass quickly...
This time I need to beat the emotional Plateau...or I'll wonder off never to be seen again..This is the cross road for me. I will not under no circumstances go on a diet ever again. So I either need to get off the " Sorry Arse " attitude and get to goal or quit and accept myself at size 14 and live life without anymore hung up about sizes.
And frankly....I really want to get to goal..
Oh ..I'm babling away...I really need to get inspired and motivated...
Thanks Carie!
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » May 5th, 2004, 3:43 pm

Ok, first you remind me of my kid, she loves pity parties. Your inviting us all to Nellie’s feel bad for me party, and I for one am not attending.

You of all people, degreed in bio chemistry? You’re the one that cut and pasted, or typed all the useful information that explained to many of us about calories, and now you have the gall say “I don’t know what’s wrong with me” ??

Get over it. You are not going anywhere; you are not leaving, never to be seen again. You have found a support group that understands all of your feelings, because WE ALL ARE FAT! We all need each others support. Why is our congregation growing every day? Because we care about each other, you about me, and me about you.

So, Nellie, you are mad at yourself for allowing Nellie to get this way in the first place? How about you get over it again, and realize today is another day, not a day of “I might just quit” but the day you start over fresh. There is no plateau on Medifast. If, and only if you are faithful, which you probably have not been, you WILL LOSE THE WEIGHT. Please disprove me. You cannot.

Your mother is no help, but B-U-T, no one is forcing you to listen to her. Love aside, yes she is your mother, but sometimes they just need a good slap! Get on the train, (back on the train) as you put it, and prove her wrong. Make her eat her words. This is not a game we are playing. We are FAT. We are here to make a change, so we don’t have to come here over and over feeling sorry for ourselves time and time again. I am no, (say it with me) MIKE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN NELLIE

I have been fat for 42 years. Finally I made a choice, bar none I was done. Look, you read daily success stories, more than daily, again prove me wrong. You see the results. Nellie sees the results. Think all these people here are coming to lie about their progress, or are here to share their new found life and the results of Medifast? Only you can do this. Only you can get off the dime, and kick this thing in the ass.

Make the move kid, this is the time. How many times have you read my “EUPHORIA”, or my ORGASMIC feeling? You think all this is a lie? Give me your phone# if you want, in a PM, and I will call and you judge. If this is what it takes, then I will call you. Be prepared, you’re gonna get an earful from Guido!!

You were thin at one time… Picture – 120 something? You know you can have this again IF NELLY WANTS IT. We cannot force you, only you can do this.

Stop the pity, and get back with us, faithfully. We (I) know you want this, or you would not post regularly…

I am done now.

Go ahead, beat me up, but I know what your feeling, and its time for it to stop, NOW.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby marge » May 5th, 2004, 3:59 pm

Nelly:

Let me ask you a question."are you losing weight for YOU or your MOM??"

Answer correctly and it should be for you :lol: :lol:

I think your moms attitude probably has been interfering in reaching your goal weight and on your road to thinness. Forget what she thinks about your weight. You will only succeed when you decide that this is something that you are doing for yourself and noone else...only you and then you know you will succeed. Hey Nelly you are nearly there...dont give up now......dont waste all your efforts for what?????Keep up the great work and keep reading and posting..

Hang in there Nelly girl you are going to make it with a little bit of help from your friends here :cheers:

hugs

Marge
200/190/187
marge
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » May 5th, 2004, 4:45 pm

Nellie! When one of us on the forum falls, it affects all the others. If you don't stay the course for YOU, for goodness sakes, do it for US! BE STRONG!

Take back your self-respect! Phone your mom, and tell her exactly how her comments made you feel--not in anger--but in an attitude that you are, from this moment on, taking care of Nellie. Be protective of Nellie! Tell your mom how much completing the Medifast program means to you. Ask her that in the future, if she can't make positive, supportive comments, she should avoid making any comments at all about your weight. I'll wager that your mom would be mortified to find out how much her words cut into your heart. If she won't stop making the comments, then stay away from her until you hit goal. We've got to learn to avoid the people and the situations in our lives that 'push our buttons' no matter who they are.

You can make it to the next shake. You can. You will. You must.

:rose:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alison » May 5th, 2004, 6:59 pm

Nelly,
You gave me some great advice not too long ago about not worrying about what others think and you were right. You also made me feel good about myself when I really needed some kind words. Give that same care back to yourself. You are worth what it takes to be a 120 pounder!! The fact is we all overate to get where we are today. Some of us were thin at one point some of us have never known that joy. You have, as have I (for a fleeting moment). Deep down you know it is worth it. I look at MF as my job. I have no choice. If I were ill with some disease and needed to take meds or go to therapy or chemo or whatever I would do it to get well again. You know why you came here you know how desperate you were. You also know how you'll feel every moment after you quit. You'll have one second of satisfaction, then guilt and finally dispair AGAIN! If you could accept your weight you would have never found yourself here. Your Mom wouldn't have bothered you either. Continue on this journey with us. We need you and value you and believe in you!!
You are not bored w/MF you are frustrated it is taking so long. I figuired out it will take me at the rate I'm going the same amount of time to lose 50 lbs as it took Mike to lose 120! Oh well, I'll get there not tomorrow or next month but eventually. I don't want to get left behind again. I'm more sick of that then I am of shaking 5xs a day!! Hee-hee! Hang in I don't want you to go. I need your support-we all do.
Alison
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby TamiL » May 5th, 2004, 9:42 pm

Oh my Dear Nelly

DIDO to what Mike said and everyone else.....
GET WITH THE PROGRAM Girl...take a deep breath..forget what you "used to weigh" or "used to look like" we all had those glory days..and yes we can have them again....with a few added wrinkles and some extra age ingredients..but we can GET TO WHERE we feel the BEST about ourselves...and keep it there this time!! YOU are my conductor..the person who kept me going during my downfalls here....NELLY WE all need you....SNAP out of it girl...what do you want more? to eat now and blow it all? or to stick with it...tough it out and look GREAT and feel GREAT???
YOU can do this...dont give in...dont give it up Nelly...were with ya..all of us here...cheering you on.
NOW GO SHAKE it up...stay on track..focus..and keep the BIG picture in mind..visualize what you can do...you know you CAN DO IT!!

your our conductor...we are going to thinville..weve taken a few pit stops..but this train dosent stop untill WE MAKE IT THERE!!
:-P smile...go drink a shake and wake up feeling better!!
tommorrow the lord is granting you a new day with a new perspecitve....
take advantage!!

here for ya always
hugs
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » May 6th, 2004, 7:28 am

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I am way too moved by your comments( crying from joy though). I did let my mom's comment upset me and yes, I am impatient and wasting time reflecting on who I used to be rather than who would I be If only I followed my dream and stayed on this train to goal.
I needed you all to speak to me and each of you made a positive impact on me today. A really BIG impact! Your words will linger with me for a while and keep me going. And I love you all for it.
Now...I'll go wipe off my tears and get a shake...

Your conductor is back again.

Thank you!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby marge » May 6th, 2004, 7:53 am

OUR CONDUCTOR IS BACK ON TRACK.....YEAH YEAH YEAH

NELLY..READING YOUR POST BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES.....SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU AND THAT YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT TO CONTINUE ON TO THINNESS.....WELCOME BACK ON BOARD GAL :exercise:

HUGS

MARGE
200/187/150
:heart:

:dooh:

:yes: :yes:
marge
Preferred member

Postby Tonya » May 6th, 2004, 8:55 am

Nelly, thank you so much for posting your frustrations!! I have been having the exact same thoughts go through my head the past few days and just moments ago, was thinking that maybe I should just stop MF for a few weeks and then come back.

Who am I kidding???? If I stop now, I will probably gain the weight back and be just as unhappy, if not more so. That's the reason I logged on the board just now....just wanted to check in and see what you guys were up to. And there were my thoughts on the first post I read!!!

I am so tired of these d*mn shakes! But I am more tired of being unhappy when I look in the mirror. Thanks for reminding me of that. ;)
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2004, 9:27 am

You know....
I read so many post in this forum that have brought me tears. Most of them were about childhood memories of eating in private and etc...
I rarely share my childhood hung ups with anyone. But the reality is that it is a part of who I am now. I didn't overeat as a child and developed Obesity in my late 20's. More like my 30th year or so.
While some in this forum have memories of secret eating, I have memories of trying really hard to be loved by a person who I felt kept rejecting me. My mother. I was the oldest of 6 kids and the woman screamed constantly. And back in those days, a butt kicking was considered " raising your kids right" not child abuse. Anyway...I grew up thinking she really doesn't like me and nothing I could do could make her happy. I had good grades in school and never was rewarded for it by her. My dad on the other hand was the affectionate, kinder one. But Mom never showed emotions. She never said ' Job well done" or I'm Proud of you. Nope! Just a lot of screaming. I went to college to be a doctor like my dad. I wanted to impress her. Maybe she’d stop screaming then. Got my degree in Biochemistry and got to Hershey Medical school were I was miserable and flunked out my first year. That was the end of that for me. But not for her! Days in and out, for years, She complained that I was undisciplined and that I never finish what I start, something is wrong with me.blah blah.... and all the childhood pain came running back..Then she got on the why don't you get married kick..I was living back at home with them. Instead of moving out, I ate to stuff the pain I felt. I just wanted to hear her say to me just one time, that she loved me. BUT all I got was nagging about dropping out of Med school and not hitching a husband! A rich one too! ..Soon, I ballooned up, and thus I found myself obese one day and the next few years have been dedicated to yo-yo dieting. And somehow deep inside maybe I believe her...maybe ..I never finish what I start and maybe I'm a quitter.
Nonetheless, I moved out a few years back, but last month when I visited...all came back in one comment" look how skinny she was and blah blah..."
And I thought? You know, she calls everyone on the planet to tell them my sister is graduating from law school, that my brother got engaged and blah blah blah
I lose tons of weight and not a word was said about that???
I know... I shouldn't let it bother me! And I am resolved to no longer do that. I do love her dearly and she will always be who she is. Beside, she did tell me she loves me back in February, when my life was flashing in front of me on a hospital bed. Sad but true! I need to get a grip and make my dream come true because IT is MY dream , MY life and NOT hers!!!!!!!! It's time for me to let go of all these childhood battles because I don't want to be among the "walking wounded" anymore!
Sorry I bored you all with this...but I wanted to get it out of my chest were it was weighing my heart down. Now I can breathe better somehow!

Thank you!

Postby elle4nelly » May 6th, 2004, 9:28 am

That was me!
Forgot to sign in!
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Nelly

Postby kimay » May 6th, 2004, 6:27 pm

Whoa, Nelly, that story really saddens my heart. By gosh if you can endure all that, then Medifast seems like a walk in the park. You sound like a very strong woman who goes for what she wants with everything she has, no matter what. You are awesome.
Now a size 14, don't you dare just settle for 14. I, too, am in a 14 right now (was a very tight 16, might as well call it an 18). My goal weight is close to yours, I think, 125 is mine. And I long for a size 6, which I was in once before. I can remember the way it felt slipping those soft beige capri's on, over my slender hips, zipping up over my very flat belly. Ohhhh, nooooo, sweetie, that tastes too good to settle for a yucky 14. We are better than a 14!!! WE deserve to be a 6 or 8 or whatever your goal is. And nothing tastes better than those pants slipping up so easily over our new hot little bodies, now don't you lose faith or hope in MF, no matter how bored you think you are! Size 6 is forever and it isn't boring! MF is not forever, it is a very short time out of our long lives, just think of it. We are very close. NEVER SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST!!!
Kimay
3/19/04
189/165/125
kimay

Postby turtle53 » May 6th, 2004, 8:18 pm

Hey, people, I sure can relate to the whole thing of what mothers can do to you! I grew up feeling quilty about everything I did. My mother's favorite line was, "You should be ashamed of yourself!"
I've had a very difficult time over coming what my mother instilled in my life.

Now, after 53 years, I think I am getting a clear picture! Listen and take heart! Your mother could only give what she had to give! If she didnt know how to give you what you need, she could not do it! I learned at 50 years old that my mother had a father that would accuse her of all kinds of terrible things! Just unbelieavable! My God, with a dad like that, no wonder she didnt know how to teach me how to be proud of myself and confident. She never told me anything about her childhood.... because it was not pleasant for her.
Now that I am a grandmother I can see life so different, The most important thing is to be able to forgive your mother....and know that she gave all she knew how to give... and she still may not know how to say and do all she would like to do. But she loves you with all her ability. She can't give what she don't have. I hope you can let this sink in to your spirit.... not for her, but to release you from that hurt.

So, stand up, brush the dust off and get shakin!
Vickie
turtle53
Newbie - #20 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room