Memorial Day Weekend Reminder

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Memorial Day Weekend Reminder

Postby Nancy » May 28th, 2005, 9:06 am

Good Morning ~

Just a little weekend check in with you – some of you have been going strong for a long time - no worries for you because you are beginning to know that nothing tastes as good as thin feels. :hi5:

There are a lot of newbies on board right now - you should have several good days or weeks under your thinning belt by now – be sure that you have your meals planned for this holiday weekend.
The best intentions can go by the wayside when family and friends get together.

Have it already figured out what you will :bib: eat for each of your five Medifast meals and exactly what you will eat for your Lean and Green.

:twisted: Temptations will come. It is inevitable.

You can choose right now to be program-compliant and then remain that way.

From past experience, you know that one cheat never ends at that – one cheat leads to more and more and more = weight gain = feeling lousy about yourself = more eating = weight gain = etc.

It all begins with one bite or one shake.
Decide NOW whatcha gonna do and then, DO it!

There is no trying it is doing or not doing.

As for me and my family, we are having Medifast Oatmeal, a shake flavor of our choice, Chicken with Wild Rice Soup, Terry is having a bar- I’m having an Orange Pineapple Shake and we are having grilled salmon and green beans for supper. I’ll have a Chai Latte at bedtime and Terry will have an Orange Delight shake. That’s it.

Lots of water and a couple cups of Starbuck’s coffee with half and half for Terry, Tazo Passion Tea for Leopard Woman. This is our routine. It is a healthy habit we’ve established and the consequences of stickin’ to it are favorable. We’ll feel :boing: good, :whistle: look good, feel :angel: good about our decision at the end of the day and be all the :weightlift: healthier for it.

Holidays do not need to become a feeding frenzy.

We can gather with friends and family, :roflmao: laugh and :bouncie: celebrate being together and :bounce: :nana: play games, go for walks or :biker: bike rides and not have it develop into a :twisted: :flip: major pork-out.

Celebrate life and all that it is and all that it means.

Life is :rose: precious, something to be :hug: treasured and :lol: enjoyed.

We are grateful for the many men and women who have gone before us to make this a great free nation; for those who have given their lives that we might be free. We love and support our troops who are currently serving our country and especially for those who are living in harm’s way.

God bless America, land that I :heart: love!

I have three pounds to get off and I will not jeopardize my health and weight for potato chips, Buffalo wings, or nachos ‘n beer. I drew the line, my resolve is firm, I’m goin’ for the goal…

How ‘boutchoo?

Planned up?

Have a great weekend. :byebye:
xxxooo
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby doglover » May 28th, 2005, 10:27 am

Thank you for this reminder. As one w/ 3 months under my belt I haven't even thought of this as being a foodie weekend. But you are right that temptation can sneak in when I least expect it. But I know that the high I was on in Jamaica bec. of how good I felt in my skin will always feel better than ANYTHING can taste!!!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts