Memorial Day Challenge

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Memorial Day Challenge

Postby cydj21 » April 19th, 2008, 8:23 am

A few of us have decided to challenge ourselves to stay extra compliant and make a big push to lose as much as we can between now and Memorial Day weekend. Up in my area, we view it as "opening" weekend on the lake and everyone opens up their lake homes, gets the boats out and summer is off and running. My goal is to be at 170 - 165 by Memorial Day so I can celebrate the formal announcement of our engagement, and also celebrate 100lbs lost as a kick off to summer. :lol:

Anyone is welcome to join us! Post your goals here and we can check in regularly and update each other as to progress, successes, struggles, etc. and in general keep each other motivated and pushing forward. I know my motivation is the 100lb mark/engagement and Summer is looking forward to her anniversary. I'm sure a lot of people have great motivating factors so I look forward to the challenge!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby summergirl » April 19th, 2008, 9:24 am

I am so excited to get in on this! I promise to post as often as I can-daily, if possible! 8) I'm sure we can do it. It sounds like a "daunting task", but if we break it down, hopefully it will be no problem! It is so nice to have a "goal" like that! 165 is the lowest weight I've been in a good 10-11 years. I got to 167 a few years ago and felt GREAT!!! So, it will definitely feel good to hit that again. I've still go some special jeans in my closet and my riding pants (For riding ATV's) that I'd like to fit in, again-
This is a pic from the first weekend I had my quad, and I got a new pair of riding pants to wear-I always liked this pic, cuz I don't look "big" in it. I was around 170 or so at this time!
Wahoo-Let's get started! How many days left, now?

:D
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » April 22nd, 2008, 8:27 am

It has been a slow week for me so I wanted to revisit this thread and jot down some thoughts on why I am motivated to make a strong Memorial Day weekend finish.

I have been stuck in the 190s for months. It is disheartening.
    I want to celebrate having lost 100lbs sooner rather than later.
    I desire to be an inspiration to a couple of people in my life who would benefit from losing weight. I worry about them often.
    I would like for my best friend to see how compliance pays off so she can reconsider the program for herself.
    I can think of no better way to celebrate getting engaged than by feeling incredible inside and out.
    I actually want to do something crazy like buy a new bathing suit this year and not hate every moment in it and Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer for us lake dwellers.
    I will be inspired to keep going and get even healthier if I feel I have made strong progress in the first several weeks on program.

I am sure there are countless others, but those are the things that come to mind right now.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby summergirl » April 25th, 2008, 5:48 pm

I love what you wrote about being a good example of compliance for your friend. I hope she will change her mind and join you in your quest! In my first pregnancy, I got pregnant at 200 lbs, and pregnancy is much rougher on your body the heavier you are. (At least in my experience-I stand for my work and had horrible foot/achilles tendon problems throughout my first pregnancy. (I recall you mentioned that your friend was thinking of trying to get pregnant!)

I would like to continue along with you as much as I can. I can't believe I wont be able to get done all that I dreamed about....at least for now... I love the program and knowing it is here will help me!
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room