21 day challenge

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

21 day challenge

Postby tnanock » June 6th, 2005, 6:50 am

Okay guys....here's the deal. I'm tired of playing around with my Medifast program. I counted up my products this morning and I have enough to last 28 days. So I am doing a personal 21-day challenge. I am going to stay MF compliant for 3 weeks. At the end of the three weeks, if I am in onderland then I will order additional products. (That will give me a week to order and receive the products)

I know that MF can work....if I work it. I do good for a week or so then I sabotage my efforts. And I think a big part of it is (as some of you have discovered) is the daily weighing. I did so good this last week and then stepped on the scales yesterday morning and I had stayed the same. (Actually I had gone up a pound from the day before). So you can probably guessed what happened...I ate off program most of the day. So not only do I challenge myself to stay MF compliant for 21 days, I also challenge myself to stay OFF the scales for 21 days.

The only difficult day I can forsee in the next 21 days is June 21. My 1-year-old will be having surgery to correct a minor birth defect so that day I will be stressed and also out of my routine. I will begin making plans NOW on how to handle it. (Any suggestions will be appreciated ;))

Also for the next 21 days, I will be more active in this group. I appreciate all of you and you all are doing great....please help me stay strong for the next 3 weeks and beyond.....

In summary, my goals for my 21-day challenge are as follows:

1. Stay 100% Medifast compliant.
a. eat all 5 supplements
b. MEASURE and eat my lean and green
c. Drink at least 64 ozs of water per day
d. Begin increasing my exercise

2. Stay OFF the scales!!!

3. Make it to onederland....that means losing 9 pounds.

4. Spend 20 minutes a day reading "Fattitudes".

5. Post to this group daily.

Again thanks for all of your support...I look forward to the next 3 weeks!!!

Kim
Kim

"Jesus loves you and God has a plan for your life."

tnanock
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby doglover » June 6th, 2005, 7:25 am

Kim you can do it! You have a great plan! Print that and post it on the fridge and inside the cabinets - everywhere! Come here every day. Come and whine and complain. Come and celebrate - just get on here and let us help you!

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Sticking to Medifast

Postby Jan » June 6th, 2005, 7:32 am

Hi Kim,
That's the way to do it!! Stick with the program. When you cheat not only are you getting the extra stuff BUT actually you're causing yourself more problems because your body doesn't get into the rythm of Medifast-- you have to go all thru the first stages again and again!! I am a big believer in staying OFF the scale -- I'm off for another two weeks (already have been off for 7 days) I'm a SLOW loser and every three weeks encourages me.
When your l yr old has the surgery I would suggest prepare -- prepare!! I personally would take a couple of bottles of flavored water with me (either water with crystal light or the premade water) and some celery stix. That way you will having someting to munch on when you're nervous.Get ready to reorder because I know you can do it :D :D
TAke your regular meal stuff along too and eat at the regular times -- this keeps you from getting really hungry :x
jan

Jan
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » June 6th, 2005, 7:33 am

Kim-

I think you are on the right track. You can do this. You just have to tell yourself that you are going to stick it out and stay compliant. I know the day your child has to have surgery will be very stressful and I will keep you all in my prayers. You could order a few RTD shakes or take a bar and make the oatmeal cookies to take with you. We all believe in you and we know you will make it!!!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 7:42 am

Kim--

I know what you mean about the scale not moving or going up instead of down.. this is sooo frustrating.. It happenend to me when I first started MF.. I was to the point of crying after 2 weeks and nothing happened.. I quit weighing daily as you will have days the stress, water retention,monthly cycles, not sleeping regularly(just a few things) can contribute to it looking like the program is not working BUT it does.. after I stayed off the scales daily and only weighed on Sundays I could see a loss in pounds..
I am always in the hospital with my mom(caregiver) and have learned to pack shake packs into the suitcase just like it were a part of my wardrobe..then i have them instead of the snack machine..the nurses will be happy to give you a pitcher of ice water in the room so you will have it to mix with..(don't forget your cup) doing this was one of the hardest things I have ever done but it works.. while you are with your child it will be easier not to leave and go eat if you have it there in the room. I eat out of the lunchroom only for my lean and green.. I have eaten fried chicken with the skin pulled off(OH NO!!!) and a vegetable if there is nothing else..THROW away the skin and pat the grease off.. I didn't have anyone to go and bring me food from outside so I made do with what they had there..
You will do great .. you can do this and please do come to the forum everyday..it really has helped me.. everyone is sooo supportive.. God be with you and keep your chin up :lol: :lol: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DonicaB » June 6th, 2005, 10:18 am

Kim, I agree you have a wonderful plan. Reread it often and post it like Donna suggested.

You can do it, Kim. I have complete faith in you. You will be so happy with yourself when you see what you have accomplished by being compliant.

I have to remind myself constantly to just stick with it and give it a chance to work.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby tnanock » June 6th, 2005, 1:21 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. It is so nice to have a place to come to for support without judgment. I really appreciate it.

:exercise:
Kim

tnanock

Postby dlr2424 » June 6th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Kim.........that is so true.........there is ONLY support & encouragement here...among other positvies... :kool: ..and no judgements.........we all feel for you......... :hug: ..........but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!...... :coach: ........you owe it to yourself and your child to be happy & healthy...so take everyone's suggestions........and come here EVERYDAY!!!!........I believe in you...and i'm keeping you in my prayers.... :angel: .......
Donna..dlr244

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 6th, 2005, 7:40 pm

hi kim

that is an awesome plan! you can do it! also i think in 21 days you will feel so great that you will be over the struggle of staying compliant

all my best to you and your little one
leeann :angel:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Mommy2girls » June 8th, 2005, 1:43 pm

Kim, I think that is a fantastic plan. It will be hard to stay off the scales for 21 days :hide: but I think it is doable, and I think you will be amazed at the end, (not to mention PROUD of yourself!)

I think you are definitely on the right track!!!

My dd also had surgery when she was about 15 months old. (She will be 3 in July) so this was obviously a while ago and I was not MFing at the time. It was stressful but, I found that I really didn't have time to "eat" my fears away. She was only in surgery for about 30 minutes, DH and I barely had time to finish a cup of coffee, then she was in recovery for a while and I held her for over 2 hours, my arms were sore, and she threw up all over me (the anesthesia did it to her) but we were on our way HOME by noon and I think maybe we had 2 meals that day. I like the idea of the cookies, bars or RTD, anything that is EASY and PORTABLE should get you through the tough time until you can get back to your schedule.

I hope everything goes well, you will be in my thoughts on the 21st!!!
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby tnanock » June 8th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Sheila....yes the hard part will be to stay off the scales. But I find that if I get up and can refrain from it until I have my first shake, I'll do ok. It is really freeing not to be a slave to the scale. :lol:

Children's surgeries are indeed stressful times. My oldest son had surgery in November and was in there for over 5 hours. He's doing great now. My 1-year-old's surgery was actually scheduled for December but he was coming down with a cold and they didn't want to put him under anesthesia. His surgery will last approximately 3 hours. Though if everything goes well, we should be able to come home that day.

I plan to take some pre-made shakes and maybe a pudding and a bar. That should get through the day!! :D

Again, thanks everyone for your encouragement and support. So far so good.
Kim

tnanock

Return to The Weight Room