The weekend

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

The weekend

Postby 2BHealthy » February 17th, 2006, 11:36 am

This is my first weekend on plan and I'm a little worried about it. My husband and I used to go out to eat every weekend and that just isn't a good idea right now. We really enjoy trying new restaurants and it was a big part of our social life. I'm going to really miss that. :cry:
We have a party to go to on Sat. night and there will be a lot of food. It's for my cousins 50th B-day and I have to make a cake for it tonight!! That is going to be sooooooooooo hard because I LOVE CAKE. :candle: They asked me a long time ago to make it. I pretty much do all desserts because for a short time I had a home baking business and I was a pillsbury bake-off finalist in 2004. Since then, I'm THE designated baker. sigh....
I lost about 30 pounds last year and from Oct-Dec I put it all back on :shock: Mostly from baking for the holidays. (Did I mention I love cake???) It was soooo embarassing and I felt so desperate. :oops: That's what led me to Medifast.
I went to the grocery store at lunch time and the fresh bread smell nearly did me in. EEEEEEEK. I sure hope it gets a little easier. I got my salad and plain chicken and left.
So any tips on dealing with the unpredictability of the weekends??

Thanks
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 17th, 2006, 11:51 am

Oh I know how you feel :tears: I seem to fly through the week and then....the dreaded weekend arrives :dohdoh: My first weekend was the hardest. We have a big family and it seems that on the weekend there is someone eating something 24/7. My hubby and I used to go out every weekend also and I did not go out to eat till about my third week into the program so you are doing the right thing. Try having a bar or shake or pudding, something Medifast friendly but sweet while baking the cake and maybe that will help. Also be sure to take a bar to the party to have while others are chowing down on cake. You can do this. It is only 2 days and just take it one hour at a time if you have to and come here often for support of guidance. It may be tough but you will reap the rewards of staying compliant come weigh in day.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

I AM ROOTING FOR YOU.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 17th, 2006, 11:57 am

Thanks Lisa, we have a big family too. We are always going out to eat. I really don't want to join everyone everytime but I will miss the company :cry: I need one of you girls to come have dinner with me every weekend. :lol:
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 17th, 2006, 12:01 pm

I will be right there just give me 15-16 hrs or so. Don't worry you will be joining them again soon and I enjoy it even more now all though the waitresses probably hate to see me with all my rules for my dinner, no oil, no butter, salad with no cheese, croutons, bacons, lite dressing on the side, grilled veggies and NO BREAD AT THE TABLE!!!!!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby SueInSLO » February 17th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Eating out can be a big challenge for me too and my fiance' loves to go out on Friday or Saturday night.

So we came to the agreement that we would go out once per week, but I get to choose where we go. It's worked great so far and I have been 100% compliant since Day One.

You can do it!! Plan ahead and drink a shake prior to going and stick a bar in your purse in case you have a weak moment. We ALL have those moments! Hang tough, you can do it!!!

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Some suggestion.

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 17th, 2006, 12:15 pm

---Maybe before you start baking make sure you have your lean and green AND a big ol' glass of water.

---Print out this whole thread you started and set it right where you will be working, so it's like we're watching you! :shock: :lol: hehe.

For the Birthday dinner...this might be a little unconventional but if it was me...I would either eat my lean and green before I go...and not even have to be tempted with making a choice of all that food. Or, Make sure to just take a lean and green there and really savor it. Pay attention to your food while your eating because lots of times, we get to talking and don't really pay attention...and will still feel like we didn't eat a thing.

Go virtual shopping...pick out a dress our outfit, lingerie??? :shock: that you like..print it out..keep it near, look at it often..look at it when you have a crave. YOU are going to wear that outfit in the size YOU CHOOSE! :)

One day at a time...
You CAN do this Linda!!!
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby aphrael » February 17th, 2006, 12:30 pm

2BHealthy

Well I don't know about helping you out every weekend but if you need someone to hang out with that is also on the plan my husband and I are on Medifast and in your area

PM if you want to talk sometime.
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss