What a weekend !!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

What a weekend !!

Postby Tiolazz » April 16th, 2006, 2:20 pm

I went to my brother's house for Easter weekend, and OMG what a horrible diet weekend. :roll:

My brother is a professional chef, :shock: and he was on my back all weekend. His wife is like 6'2" tall and weighs 160lbs and she kept telling me all weekend "how fat she was", She is also a nurse and kept telling me all weekend how I was getting ripped off and how I was going to get horribly sick and how bad this diet was for me and on and on and on.... I told her if you are fat, then I must be a monster, she didn't even bat an eye. I told her to come read the info on the website, she wouldn't even bother to do that. she would just roll her eyes at me. I felt like I was having to defend myself, my diet, medifast in general... all weekend.....

I almost broke down and cried yesterday after two days of this badgering, but I didn't. My husband told me he was so proud of me.

My brother and his wife drink like sailor's too, and I didn't even have one glass of wine, one beer, one margharita, but it was sooooo hard. They were having such a hard time with my diet, that my sister-in-law actually was mad on Saturday night because after they mentioned all of the wonderful fat foods that they were prepared to cook for us for dinner, I told them no after every one of them, my brother ended up making some mongolian beef with stir fried veges... sooo my sil was mad cause she "wanted to eat some good fat foods so she could have a nice weekend". She actually said that... I almost fell out of my chair... I felt like I was depriving them, I told them to eat whatever they wanted, I brought some of the essential one packets, just in case, but of course my brother, wouldn't have any part of me eating those at his house..

we went fishing out on the ocean on Friday, and they took ham and cheese sandwiches, and all kinds of chips and dips... and I had my shakes and bars. I just don't understand why people who claim to love you and want the best for u, try so hard to sabotage you...

Anyhow, I stuck to my plan for the most part, ate a few things that were not on my list, and had one tortilla with the fajitas that my brother cooked, he brow-beat me into it, because he "made them just for me"....

Man, I have decided that I am keeping my happy butt at home until I am at goal..... I feel like I lost a whole weeks worth of work over one stupid weekend... Now I have to do that first 3 days all over again, uggggggggg

This is the only weekend in my entire adult life that I have spent with my brother that was not enjoyable. it was horrible... and I am so down about it...

I feel like I was a failure because I caved in when I did, but I am also very proud that I didn't just dive off the board and completely lose it. My stomach kept telling me, "well you already blew it, so you should just go ahead and eat whatever you want", but I didn't do it, I did manage to stay mostly compliant.....

but this week will be different, I will make up for last week, I have promised myself.... so wish me luck.... :D

Terri

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Shana » April 16th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Yikes Terri!
I am so sorry you had an awful weekend with your brother and sister-in-law, but like your husband I am so proud of you for making it through the weekend with only a minor flub in the face of massive pressure! You didn't ruin their weekend, it was their decision not to make foods you weren't willing to eat - you didn't demand they prepare only L&G while you were there!

As far as defending Medifast, I think it's like any diet - you'll find stubborn, bullheaded people who refuse to believe Medifast has been improved upon in the last 20 years and is no longer the danger it once was. I'm glad she wasn't able to shake your faith in it, and perhaps in a few months when she sees you alive, HEALTHY and at GOAL (!!!!), she'll rethink her stance.

Life isn't about perfection, it's about doing the best you can given the circumstances you face. Diets are the same - things happen in life that can throw you somewhat off track - it's how you handle those curve balls that matters, and you did GREAT!

I know you're going to have a terrific week!
Shana
PS If you'd like I'd be willing to go kick her in the shins!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 16th, 2006, 2:47 pm

HAHAHAHA!

Thanks Shana, but did I mention she is 6'2".... she has some pretty tall shins....

but is was awful nice of you to offer.... LOL

I wanted to kick a little more than that, but for the sake of the family, you know how that goes...

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I really can't wait until I am at "goal" and then I will go visit and tell her that she really is "fat"....

Okay, not really, I would never tell anyone that, but can I think it????

:twisted:
Tiolazz

Postby Shana » April 16th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Tiolazz wrote: I really can't wait until I am at "goal" and then I will go visit and tell her that she really is "fat"....

HA! I just snorted water through my nose!

Nearly every woman on my mom's side of the family is over 6 foot & slender... men are considered short at 6'4 *sigh* that's why I offered to kick her in the shins... cuz I'm used to the shins being the only thing I can reach without stretching ;)

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » April 16th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Terri , So sorry you had bad weekend :( it's over now,you will make up for it next week :) just hang in there.

I made it threw my dinner with my Mother -in -law, but before I went I told her I would not be there :x if she did not cook something I could eat :( at Christmas it was so hard but I did not ask her :( I did bring my own food :) at Christmas. But the longer you are on the plan , the stronger you become with people and also they know its not just another diet :x your on, my family know's that I Will not come if there is not something I can eat :D :D :D
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 16th, 2006, 3:38 pm

I did tell them before I went that I was on a special diet and would have to eat my own food. I explained the l/g to my brother and he said no problem..... then I get there and bammmmm, felt like I was getting prosecuted for a crime, Lordy lordy......

oh well. like you both said, just starting this week out right, and getting back on track.....
Tiolazz

Postby lauradr » April 16th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Thats right just put behind you and move on you can do it
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr

Postby Lizabette » April 16th, 2006, 4:35 pm

TERRI,

First, I love your avatar! You're gorgeous! :whoohoo:

Second, I am so proud of you, :you: I could bust! How you managed in the face of all you described, I'll never know! :uhuh:

But , thank God, that is over, and it will be a breeze for you to quickly get back on program compliance. :yes:

You will definitely have the last word when you have reached goal! :bravo:

And Laura, you're such a sweetheart for being there for Terri! :heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 16th, 2006, 4:47 pm

Well said, Shana! Given the stress that your family put you through,Terri, you showed great control and whether you realize it or not, you rose above them, small slip or not. Some people, I swear, feel jealous when a person is dieting and will say or do whatever they can to get you to cheat. I have run across many people like that in all my years. You did very well, Terri, and you should be proud of yourself. Remember you rose above the temptations, so you have no reason to be down on yourself! ;)

I am a nurse, also. I read the information on the Medifast site before I started, and if I had any doubts at all, I would not have started MF. Also, Medifast would not be available for purchase to the public, if it was not safe. Have a great week! And, Happy Easter to all! :mrgreen:
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 16th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Terri- You did really well and should be very proud of yourself. I guess I don't know how lucky I am to have my whole family there supporting me. I think that with you SIL it may be that there is a fear somewhere in her that you are going to make goal and many times women are uncomfortable when other women in life succeed with weight loss when they do not.

I know right where you are coming from though when you talk about staying home till you reach goal that is something that I have decided to do also. I did go to my daughter's boyfriend last night for his birthday and his parents know I am on program and when the cake was served I politely said no thank you and no one pushed the subject.....Thank GOD!

I know that you will do great this week and will be compliant, also I have heard that sometimes it does not take the full 3 days again to get back into the groove so hang in there, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!

lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Linda » April 16th, 2006, 5:07 pm

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Terri. It must have felt like you were being attacked from both sides. Thank goodness your husband is supportive. I know trying to defend your choice to some people is a losing battle, so I just say, "This is what my DOCTOR has recommended for me" and leave it at that.
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda

Postby lise » April 16th, 2006, 5:07 pm

I know how hard it can be. Tonight I went to my parents and watched my entire family eat gravy, potatoes, garlic breab and 3 pies on top of the ham and turkey! I stuck to my guns and ate 4 oz turkey, 3 oz of ham (it was lean) and salad with no dressing. For the veggies, they were drenched in cheese sauce so I went to the kitchen, took my veggies and rinced them in the sink and then put them on my plate. Everyone was shocked!

I didn't eat pie nor the other 4 deserts there were. I knew I had a pudding waiting for me at home. No one in my famiy seems to support me in my diet plan except my parents and they told me how proud they were of me not giving in to the bad food.

Lise
lise
Trusted Member

Postby Arklahoma » April 17th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Linda ... This is a fantastic response. 95% of the population will not question a physician's advice. Unfortunately, this can be very bad, but in this instance it works beautifully. Everyone, feel free to utilize this strategic phrase b/c it works!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 17th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Lise,

WTG at your family dinner. Hopefully, in the future, your parents will be a little more proactive about their support of your new endeavors. Cheese drenched veggies ... YIKES!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.