MEASUREMENT MONDAY REMINDER

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

MEASUREMENT MONDAY REMINDER

Postby LilMsTexas » June 4th, 2005, 11:11 am

Hey Everybody,
This is just a little reminder that this coming Monday marks our first offical MEASUREMENT MONDAY forum in the ROLL CALL section :goteam:

I will begin the session very late Sunday night since I will have work Monday morning and life is CRAAAAAAZY at work right now with my preparation to be our for a few weeks. I'll get it set up so everyone will have the forum in place Monday morning when they awaken :snooze:

I had my measurements done at Curves this morning to be ready and I hope everyone is set to go. If you have measurements from the very beginning of your journey, or from last month, or from last week, or if you're going to take them the first time tomorrow........PLEASE JOIN IN!! Then every FIRST MONDAY we will post our "LOST MEASUREMENTS" for the month.

You will NOT have to post your actual measurements. It will be the same as the weight loss roll call where we say we are down 2lbs for the week. For example........
W.A.T.C.H (these are our areas)

Waist: down .5 inches this month
Abdomen: down .5 inches this month
Arms: down 1 inch this month (this is the combination of both arms)
Thighs: same this month
Chest: down .5 inches
Hips: down 1 inch

INCHES LOST THIS MONTH: 3.5 inches!!!
TOTAL INCHES LOST ON PROGRAM: 26.75

This is just an example.......I don't recall what my actual losses were but I'll post them accurately when we start the forum. I just wanted to give you all a good example of what we'll be doing so you'll be ready on Monday.

This is a VERY EXCITING day for our forum family. We will no longer be strapped to the scales to measure our success.........we are going to look at the OVERALL picture!! Let me just tell you how exciting and thrilling it is to actually KNOW how many INCHES I'm losing!!!

You will be allowed to add any additional measurements that you may take. For example, some people may have a problem area in their ankles or their neck and want to keep track of those areas specifically. You will of COURSE be allowed to show off your pride and accomplishments. The W.A.T.C.H. guidelines are just going to be the standard in general.

If you have any start up questions let's jump in and get them answered this weekend so we'll all be ready Monday morning. Don't forget I will be posting the forum the first time this month and doing it late Sunday night so it will be ready for Monday. From now on it will be first come first serve on who starts it just like Sunday morning roll call.

Take care everybody and hope you're having an awesome weekend!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Spunky » June 4th, 2005, 11:29 am

LilMsTEXAS, are you recommending that we post for the first week something like this?

Waist: 24
Abdomen: 25
Arms: 10
Thighs: 18
Chest: 36
Hips: 34

(in my dreams)
Then the next time we post like your example?
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 4th, 2005, 1:27 pm

I guess that will all depend on when you started measuring. But come to think of it......I think that's the simplest way........the very first time will be TOTAL inches lost since the beginning of your measuring (however long that's been, but only sense the time of MF)...........and then everytime hereafter will be JUST the loss for the month and will keep a GRAND TOTAL for the MONTH and a GRAND TOTAL OVERALL at the end like I showed.

This is exactly why I wanted us to start looking at our PLAN this weekend and not wait until there is confusion on Monday. It takes more than one mason to build a house :bricks:

So your example would be most accurate and then include the TOTAL LOST OVERALL. Hereafter we will have two grand totals at the bottom: 1 for the month and 1 overall!

Clear as mud everybody? :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Spunky » June 5th, 2005, 6:30 am

Congratulations on starting this new group! What an honor! :D

I just wrote that example to give you more room to talk about the start up plan. I think everyone now has a clear grasp of your measurements concept by your great explanations.

I have been measuring myself ever week since I started with 7 key areas.
:weightlift: Chest ~ :weightlift: Under Chest ~ :weightlift: Waist ~ :weightlift: Lower rider waist ~ :weightlift: hips ~ :weightlift: thighs ~ :weightlift: arms
I track my measurements & weight loss on my huge wall calendar in the bathroom & log in my journal. There is nothing like seeing it posted to keep you on track!

I look forward to tracking my measurements success with the group monthly. It sooooo holds you accountable. I love it.
Everyone will take your lead tomorrow in posting measurements. It will be a great success!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » June 5th, 2005, 8:25 am

I'll bust out the dusty measuring tape tonight! ;) I think it'll be very helpful for me to do measurements also. I won't have any loss to report inch wise since I didn't measure my very first day, but at only 4 days in my start measurements are probably still mostly the same...
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room