Measurement Monday: June 6, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Measurement Monday: June 6, 2005

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 2:50 am

Goooooooooooooooood Monday morning everyone!!!

Well the day has finally arrived. A glorious new day is dawning on the Take Shape For Life Support Forum!! Today we begin focusing not ONLY on our weight loss.........but the OVERALL affects this FANNNTABULOUS program is having on our WHOLE BODY! Effective weight loss for LIFE BEGINS with our MIND and ends with out BODY! How can we measure such life changing events with just the tool of a little metal thing like a scale?? WE CAN'T!! Today we take back some control held for so many years only by the scale!! We will now monitor our progress with real factual information...........just think about it.........we will now be charting the actual physical changes in our bodies!! It's the physical changes we notice in the mirror.......and in the fitting of our clothes........it's what the world sees. How many people have ever had someone say to them "Wow you look like you've lost 2.7lbs this week" :shock: But we DO have people say "Oh my gosh......go buy some clothes baggy pants!"

So here we go............from this day forward we will have our MEASUREMENT MONDAY on the FIRST MONDAY of each MONTH. From now on it is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE just like our ROLL CALL on SUNDAY. Feel free to add aditional measurements that you may take or additional information as you see fit. What I am giving you this morning is our S.O.P.=Standards of Operation (yes we're a military family ;) )

I have had my measurements since the beginning, so I will be posting my total loss since program beginning. From now on I will only post the loss from the single month. But you may be posting what you know from the past month or week. The only rule is that you ONLY POST losses that have occurred since beginning Medifast 8) You can post your actual measurements or not.........that is your personal decision to make. This is a HAPPY PLACE.......and not meant to embarrass anyone. But just like we post our actual weight.........this is a place to see our accomplishments and celebrate with one another! So I say let the PARTY BEGIN!!!

W.A.T.C.H.
WAIST: -4.5 inches (-.5 this month)
Abdomen: -4.5 inches (-1 this month)
Arms: -2.0 inches (this is one measurement doubled) (-.5 this month)
Thighs: -3.5 inchees (this is one measurement doubled) (0 this month)
Chest: -4.75 inches (-.5 this month)
Hips: -7.5 inches (-.5 this month)

TOTAL FOR THE MONTH: -3 inches
GRAND TOTAL: -26.75

[Always post the TOTAL FOR THE MONTH and GRAND TOTAL at the end.]
And for me......this is very exciting....Curves measures my body fat with a cool little machine and I have lost -7.20% TOTAL BODY FAT!!

Have a BLESSED DAY all my MEDI-BUDDIES :D I hope you will enjoy this forum as much as we do ROLL CALL. And if you are just getting your measurements today we look forward to you joining us next month. Feel free to participate today by saying you PLAN to join in next month and comment on the successes of others.

BIGGGGGGGG CHRISTI HUGS :hug:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 6th, 2005, 5:31 am

Well, I don't have much to report, but I know I have to start somewhere. I took my measurements about 2 weeks ago and since I have gained a little since then I was very concerned about taking my measurement this morning. I wish I would have taken them when I started as I KKKKNNNNOOOOWWWW I would have lost several inches by now.......Well, here it is:

W.A.T.C.H.
WAIST: no loss yet
Abdomen: no loss yet
Arms: -.5 inches
Thighs: no loss yet
Chest: no loss yet (actually showed a small gain, but TOM is just about to arrive)
Hips: -.25 inches

TOTAL FOR THE MONTH: -.75 inches
GRAND TOTAL: -.75

Nothing tooooooo exciting here, but I can't wait to see what it is next month.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 6:13 am

Congratulations Donica and thanks for participating :D I wish everyone had their beginning measurements too because I know personally that the inches lost are so extraordinary!! But like you said, you will now begin to see the results and HOW EXCITING!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » June 6th, 2005, 7:23 am

OK!!! Here we go! I have a bit of a confusing situation. In 2004 I had lost 40 lbs prior to MF by working out 2x/day and cutting way back on food (starving myself). Not surprisingly I gained about 20 back before I began MF (hence the reason!). Anyway, I tell you that to say that I was measuring faithfully in 2004. The last measurement I have is 2/4/04. Then I re-measured 4/8/05. I had been on MF for 2 months at that time. I would like to tell you a couple measurements. Skip to the second if you only want to see MF losses ;)

From 2/4/04 thru 4/8/05 (gained weight and then on MF for 2 months)
Waist: -3.5 inches
Abs: never measured
Arms: no loss
Thigh: -.5 inches
Chest: -.5 inches
Hips: No loss
I also did my knee: -.5 inches

NOW: From 4/8/05 thru today 6/6/05:
Waist: no loss
Abs: Will measure today for next month
Arms: -.5 inches
Thigh: -1 inch
Chest: -1.5 inches
Hips: -2 inches
(Knee: -.75 inches)

Total: 5.75 inches loss since April! Thank you MF!
See you all next month! Great idea Christi!!!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 6th, 2005, 7:35 am

I did my starting measurements in January when I started MF-ing, so this covers the last five months:

Waist: - 6.0 inches
Abdomen: -8.0 inches
Arms: -7.5 inches
Thighs: -8.0 inches
Chest: -4.5 inches
Calves: -3.0 inches
Hips: Y'know, silly me, I measured the abdomen and called it the hips, so I don't know what the change is here....

So to date that's 37 inches lost!

Also, my BMI has gone from 39.91 to 30.65.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby fatBgone » June 6th, 2005, 7:40 am

Good Morning...

First of all....a BIG THANK YOU to Christi for getting this new fandangled post goin on! :yay: It's going to be a lot of fun watching the inches disappear!!

I've got my original measurements from early March and then I got measured last week - anticipating that today was coming!! So, today is going to look like a BIG loss for me and then it'll be smaller when it's done monthly.

So, here goes....

Waist: Down 5.25 inches
Abdomen: Down 3.75 inches
Arms: Down .50 inches each x 2 = 1 inch
Thighs: Down .75 inches each x 2 = 1.5 inches
Chest: Down 5.50 inches
Hips: Down 3.75 inches

Total for this month - ??? (This will be accurate next time)
Grand Total Inches Lost: 20.75

I got my Body Fat measured with that cool little machine at Curves the other day too, but since it was the first time, I don't have a comparison to show yet....next month I will!!

Thanks again Christi & you have yourself a BLESSED DAY!! You're an :angel: !!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby ljm498 » June 6th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Ok, I took my initial measurements tonight, so, for next month I will hopefully see some results. But unfortunately, I didn't think to take measurements when I first started. WHY? I'm kicking myself and asking myself that very same question :lol: But, I am participating and looking forward to next measurement day!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Great job everybody!! I hope we will see more participation as time goes on and everyone sees how exciting this really is. Maybe now more people will be encouraged to get those measuring tapes out after seeing the losses just from the few of us 8)

If you are wondering how to get your measurements without involving someone else.........check out AVON right now.....they have a CURVES measuring thing that is hand held by YOU and you don't need anyone's assistance :D

I hope more people will post tonight after they are home from work and all the extra things we do daily........but if not.......we've had a great beginning and we're gonna have a blast watching the flab fall off of us!!!

Have a great week everyone!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby want2Bthin » June 6th, 2005, 8:05 pm

I almost forgot to do this today! I thought about it this morning then forgot. I took my measurements when I started but I did not do the abdomen/ just the waist. The inches lost are from my start day 3/10/05:

Chest: Down 4.5 inches
Waist: Down 5.5 inches
Hips: Down 4.25 inches
Arm: Down 1 inches
Thigh: Down 3 inches

Total inches lost from start date to present: 18.25

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 7th, 2005, 2:42 am

That's awesome Angelia :D Isn't it great to be completely focused on that for a bit? I think writing down that grand total is FANNNNNNNTABULOUS 8)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

measurements

Postby oregonrose » June 7th, 2005, 9:45 am

You guys are great! Thanks for the instructions, I will post tonite my first medifast measurements. got a date with the measureing tape!
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Spunky » June 10th, 2005, 2:35 pm

Sorry I didn't post Monday, I couldn't find my original start weight stats!
I just found them so here goes.

WAIST: -2.5 inches
Abdomen: -1 inches
Arms: -0 inches
Thighs: -.5 inches X 2
Chest: -1 inch
Hips: -1 inch

GRAND TOTAL: - 6.5 inches :)
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » June 11th, 2005, 4:59 pm

I'm another who is kicking myself for not measuring when I first started! I'll measure tonight so I can participate next month.... It's still early for me so I should be fairly close to start right? But... I wish I had the first day measurement 'cause I want every little bit to show up on those totals!!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » June 13th, 2005, 12:27 am

Kids ~

Take Shape has a Body Composition (Fat) Analyzer on sale again this month...see the monthly specials for June 2005...

Here's the skinny on the flab analyzer:

When I was porky I had a difficult time comfortably fitting into the Vee Dub or into the van. The seatbelt was so tight I couldn’t breathe or easily shift my position. I felt strangled. I worried about the shocks on the van and thought we might have to buy a Chevy Heavy or a Subaru Subdivision to handle my girth.

My Body Fat indicated that I was half butter…but it was virtually cut in half when I reached my healthy weight. TSFL has cut $30 off its regular price for its Body Composition Analyzer. It measures and stores the profiles (age, height, gender and current weight) of up to eight people.

What’s a Body Fat Analyzer you may ask?

It is a small tool that simply measures the percentage of fat of one’s body mass. It is used now by most health professionals in as an indicator of determining optimal health of an individual. Generally we are looking for a BMI below 25. With our Take Shape for Life Programs and our featured Medifast nutritionally balanced products, people get the lard out while retaining their muscle mass. This battery operated tool can easily measure your Body Fat for only $9.99 while supplies last.

BTW, thanks so much, Christi. I'll dig out my measurements for ya and post them later. I didn't measure for 6 weeks.

People, take your picture, weigh and measure when you begin your weight loss program - you will be amazed!

Keep track of the changes in your BP, your HDL & LDL, too! Note how many medications are reduced or eliminated...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Roll Call