Monday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Monday

Postby JanTx » November 29th, 2004, 8:44 am

I'm not sure where regular posts go - what thread do most of you read first?

Last Monday I weighed 184 and today I weighed 179.5. I only started Medifast yesterday so that loss is just my greater awareness of what I'm eating - and water weight or whatever - but it's exciting anyway!

I'm a teacher - a music teacher for 4th and 5th graders - and I'm stuck in my room for up to 4 hours with no break. All this water makes life interesting! Also getting in the necessary "meals" is fun, too. Today I grabbed the teacher who was bringing in a class and had her stay until I could run to the restroom. And I have wter in a large mug - when that's gone - around 10:30 I'm guessiing - I'm going to pour my next shake in over the ice and work on that for a while. My shake is already mixed up and in my office. As classes are changing I'll quickly pour it in my mug. Any problem with fixing a shake and letting it set for 3 hours?

A thought:
My little poodle is slightly overweight - she should weigh 10 pounds, but weighs 11 - 10% more than she should. So to fix this the vet has me measuring her food and feeding her as if she already weighs 10 pounds. So .... we need to eat the amount necessary for the weight we should be - not the weight we are. What do you think?
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"
(See? I'm NOT overweight, just undertall! So I need to be ... 7'2"?)

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 29th, 2004, 10:44 am

JanTx,

I think it's great you have a live-in weight loss buddy. Eating less and exercising is the only way to lose weight properly. Although we don't know how your little poodle feels about it, you can bet she or he will feel better along with you. You can take walks together! I sympathize with you trying to get out to take a 'nature break' during teaching. I would suggest one of those soft sided coolers along with a packet of blue ice to keep your shakes cold while at school. If there's a will, there's a way, and you definitely have the will! Keep the faith!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JanTx » November 29th, 2004, 11:28 am

I thought about grabbing a cooler, but just didn't get it together this morning.

Had chicken noodle soup for lunch. That soup is sure a nice change from the shakes. Something hot! I fixed it last night - adding chopped onion, celery, and green pepper - and just nuked it for lunch.

I have trouble fitting all the meals in right now - but know that will straighten out as I go.
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"

182/177/124
JanTx

good going

Postby hotchick » November 29th, 2004, 11:40 am

JanTx:
Keep up the great work! :lol:

I know what you mean...I am a nurse-a Wound Care Nurse at that...Nature calls at the most inopportune times...and staying on schedule can be a challenge but It is worth it...

I went to my Dr. Today...I started at 208.4 and I am down to 198.7... only 1 week!

Keep shaking it and it'll come off... :pour:

Terri
hotchick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 12:09 pm

JanTx ~

re:
I'm not sure where regular posts go - what thread do most of you read first?

Post your weight losses in the Weight Room...
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/medifast-2.html

It can be a challenge to slurp water and drink a shake at school, especially in an elementary school. When I was teaching we were not allowed to have any food in the classroom but we could have water or coffee - the principal drank diet pop in her classroom - as long as it was disguised in a mug or thermos, she was happy...

There are a lot of insulated products on the market these days - mugs, a thermos, etc. There is no problem with preparing your shakes or soups in advance.

I used to do the same when I was working at the college. My husband prepared a double shake and poured it into a Rubbermaid quart container. I sipped half of it about 10-10:30 and the other half at 1:30-2 PM. That seemed to work well for me. Preparing soup before you head out for the day makes lunch time a snap!

The sandbox issue is something else! At first I thought I'd have to link up with Hotchick and get a catheter! After a while, the wee wee trips become better controlled. Just do your best!

Hey, Terri ~ congrats! You already kissed the 200's buh bye! :byebye:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby JanTx » November 29th, 2004, 7:34 pm

I have my baggie ready for tomorrow with my little packets all in there. Soup for tomorrow's lunch is all done. Went to Wal-mart and got a Hamilton Beach personal-sized blender (just under $13). The container on the blender comes with a second lid you can pop on and take it "to go". For my last shake of the evening I put some crystal light peach tea in with a vanilla shake and some ice cubes. Then put the whole thing in the freezer. It's delicious (I got the idea from this forum). The best part is it takes longer to eat - being semi-frozen. When i finish it I'm going to bed.

The kitchen is full of temptations. I had to bake desserts for a fund raiser for a friend with cancer. We're adding homemade desserts to a meal we've sold tickets for. (I live in Small Town, Texas and that's what we do for $$$ for good causes.) So I made desserts that had exact ingredients - like a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips instead of 1/2 a cup. No leftover bits and pieces here! And I've already sacked them in individual portions for the meals. So I've done what I can and now just need to get out of the way.

Anyone else out there on insulin? It's a bit tricky to regulate things, but so far I've been doing okay. Just curious about what others have experienced as time goes on. (My MF experience is now 2 days old.) :lol:
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 7:38 pm

Do you have a diabetic guide?

Most people on insulin are able to cut their dosages considerably.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JanTx » November 29th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Already on Day 2 I was able to reduce my pre-dinner dose. Whoo-hoo! I tend to run very high at night, very low after exercise and in the afternoons, and very high in the mornings. So .. this should be ... interesting! :?
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"

182/177/124
JanTx

Return to Come on in.