loriannk

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby loriannk » September 8th, 2006, 5:33 am

163.6 this morning. Stayed 100% compliant yesterday and it was really easy. I thought I would struggle from being off plan for almost 2 weeks. I know I did not gain 10 lbs. I alot of it is water weight.

So :toast: to day 2!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 8th, 2006, 6:37 am

Hi Loriann,

I'm new around here, but read thru your journal recently. Congrats on getting back on the plan and staying compliant yesterday! You've made sooo much progress... I'm sure you can do it!!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby loriannk » September 9th, 2006, 5:44 am

Hi kendra,

Thanks for reading my LONG journal. It is sure nice to have a place to post your feeling, struggles & sucesses. This place sure is a big help.

162.4 this morning. The weight is coming back off. No problems getting back on plan, no headaches or anything. But it looks like I will have to add some lbs to my ticker after tomorrows weigh in. I was hoping to not have to do that but I did it to myself. I just can't believe what a cow I was for those two weeks. I guess it is no use crying about it now. It sure tasted good though :oops:

:cleader: Go day 3 :cleader:
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby loriannk » October 18th, 2006, 10:26 am

Wow it has been way over a month since my last post. I have also been off of MF for that month and then some. Why? I don't really know. I tried to get on the wagon again last week but blew it on day 4. I then said to my hubby "how did I go over 6 months and not cheat". The answer was simple, pure willpower and after the first few weeks I didn't need, crave or want all the junk I have been shoveling into my mouth recently. I have become Betty Crocker and cooking just about every dessert known to man. I have also been eating it. I am guilty of making a pan of bars and being the only one in the house eating them. That is all I ate for 3 days. Bars for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. Why? I have no clue. Tasted good though. But I have also suffered some weight gain. Not as much as I would have guessed from all the sugar filled junk I have been eating. I will own up to the weight gain on Sundays roll call. Till then I have to and will make it to day 4 and then some. I tried on a pair of pants that fit me perfectly when I was in the low 160s and now they are getting to be to tight but still button. That is my wake up call to get back in gear and get this dang darn weight off. I am going to demand my husband get my treadmill and elliptical out of the basement storage so I can use it again. I want to look super healthy and thin for our xmas family photo this year. I want friends and family who have not seen my weight loss to go "WOW". I need to do this. I have to stop being my worst enemy and stop sabotaging myself when I get so close. I was only 8 lbs from goal at one time. Then summer fairs started and I was like I can cheat one day. One day would turn into a week or more. Then I would get back on MF and lose again and would still think one day of cheating wont hurt me. But it does. It makes it that much harder to get back on program and finish what I started.

So I rambled and confessed to my eating sins. I feel better, I feel determined. I need to do this for me. I need to know that I can do this. Food will not win.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby Denise » October 18th, 2006, 11:00 am

Hey Loriann! You are right...food will not win. We all need to learn to live within certain limitations. I know I don't want food to be my enemy, and I know I don't want it to be my best friend either. So you fell down....oh well..I think we have all been there...the important thing is you are catching yourself, and I am sure you will be able to "fix" the problem! :D
Denise
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » October 18th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Hi Lori!

I need to do this. I have to stop being my worst enemy and stop sabotaging myself when I get so close. I was only 8 lbs from goal at one time.

EXACTLY! I'm very happy you're back! I'm recently back too! Let's finish this...together!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » October 19th, 2006, 5:45 am

Loriann,

I have particular interest in seeing you succeed because you remind me of me 16 years ago. I've told you this before, but others may not know that I lost 113 pounds on Medifast 16 years ago and when I was done, I went right back to my old habits and regained all the weight.

Your past few weeks sound alot like my struggles then. I went right back to the carbs and blew up like a balloon......couldn't understand why, because in my mind I was sort of controlling it, except sometimes when I would scarf down everything in sight.

I know that hind sight is the best sight, but if I could, I would give you mine so that you can see. I don't want you to be doing this again in 15 years after years and years of struggling and gaining and gaining. If I could transfer my experience to you, I would. I'm just hoping that by telling you, it will sink in that beating it now is very important if you don't want to be miserable through your 30's and into your 40's.

The biggest thing I have learned this time around is that when I am done, I will not be going back to old eating habits. I have had to accept the fact that me and white flour and chocolate don't mix at all. I will ALWAYS need to stay away from these things if I want to stay slim. I wish I had known at your age, what I know now. My life to this point would have been so much easier.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby loriannk » October 20th, 2006, 7:17 am

Jo,

I guess it is something I need to learn for myself. I "hear" what you are saying but I still manage to sabotage myself with my old eating habits. I guess it is something everyone has to figure out on their own. No matter what others say or even what I tell myself doesn't matter. What matters is what I do and I need to do the right thing when it comes to eating and I will have to re learn how to eat. I do appreciate all the support and notes here. It is a huge help and makes me feel better that someone has faith in me and it makes me push harder.

Well on to my journal.

Today is day 3 back on program and it is going surprisingly smooth. No headaches or cravings or nothing. I am a small oz away from being back in the 160's. (I gained about 10 lbs my monthish being off MF. My jeans fit again comfortably and I am ready to see this through. If I can make it through this weekend I am good to go. I think I am going to make a daily eating menu for when I stop MF so I have something to go from. I think that is what is so great about MF. I don't have to think about food, I know what I have to eat and eat it. Once I decided to go off plan I just saw all the food choices and went overboard. I need the structure of knowing what I can have at this time and so forth. So that is my plan, to have a plan worked out for when I stop MF.

:toast:
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Strangely offering advice

Postby KimKim » October 22nd, 2006, 1:23 am

Hi Lori,

I've just gotten back on-plan after two months of being off of MF. I didn't mean for it to be that long. And I had a GREAT time, believe you me ;-)

But going off plan initially meant allowing myself to eat fruits in California and the quiche I make with Marie Callendar crust. That led to a few bakeries and eateries I'd been dying to enjoy, as well as a gourmet cobbler factory. Trust me, when I cheat, I do it very well. I was tired of the deprivation I felt with MF, even though I lost 26 lbs and had MANY NSV's. I'll write more about my journey later but I wrote to tell you . . .

Start exercising. Please remember that this is not just about "food", it is about your overall wellness. If you joined a fitness class, even your small moments of enjoying foods you like, even some of the sugar stuff, would assist you with maintaining your weight.

The bargain that I made for myself is IF I was going to go off plan, I HAD to do the exercise. And I am so glad I did this for myself because I've had pizza, way too many cookies, all of the food above and even pancakes and after it's all said and done, I only gained THREE pounds off of Medifast.

For the cheaters, I was supposed to be off just for two weeks but as you can see, it turned into two months, so try, try, try not to cheat. I experienced the increase in cravings and whatnot and it was hard. However, the exercise did keep me in check and I was still rather vigilant about having leans and greens and definitely watched my carbs, even though I still allowed myself to have them.

I was going to post my struggles and get some diagnosis from you all and then I read Lori's journal and decided to offer advice. Hence the subject title . . .

I really do think you should join a class, Lori. Something else structured, inspirational, etc. You can't beat yourself up over the food and you can control your weight and feel good *while* you are working on the emotional / psychological issues behind your eating.

I agree with Jo that you have to focus on it now.

I also fly alot and had to remind myself of what happens to your water weight when I got on the scale and it showed a TEN pound increase. I was almost ready to cry. But the next day, it went down five pounds and then down again.

Keep going, you can do it. Map out your plan, this is not just about eating.

Wishing you the best,

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » October 22nd, 2006, 4:13 am

I needed that, too. Thanks, Kim.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Sarya » October 23rd, 2006, 5:57 am

Lori,
I went off plan for about 6 weeks I think, and like you I gained 10 pounds. I'm also surprised it was just 10 pounds because I'm sure a good amount of this will be glycogen/water. We can do this! And you are so close! Here's to being smaller for the upcoming holidays.

I'm also going to have to figure out how to stay away from flours and sugars afterwards. That was my downfall this past month+. I think I had chocolate/candy/cake every single day almost without fail. Not to mention pasta and all of those other not so good things. Moderation and not every day are two key things I need to remember.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Me Too!

Postby KimKim » October 26th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Hi Lori,

How's it going?

I had a bout with a bagel and cream cheese yesterday morning while there for a workshop. I am realizing that social eating is very hard for me. I don't want to feel "left out" even if I make a healthy choice. I was trying to think how bad a bagel could be. Maybe I could skip the bar today or something, right? Well, I was pretty depressed when I saw how many carbs the bagel had after putting it into my diary later on that night. 64?!!! And the cream cheese? i had my daily allowance of carbs with that one mistake. So depressing . . .

I moved forward and still had my lean and green but was feeling rather "cravy" (hey, I think I'll keep that made up word), so I had two endulge caramel nut bars from Atkins. Trust me, it saved me from going completely over the top but with those two bars came 280 calories and 28 carbs. <<sigh>>

Amazingly, I was down a full lb this morning, anyway. But I'm vowing that today will be the day I'm 100% compliant. I've not had my "five" in one day since I've been back on and I have recently decided that instead of a piece of cheese here or there, I will just have a supplement. It sounds ridiculous that I would have this struggle but there it is. Goodness gracious, I know this plan works but isn't it amazing the kind of emotional and psychological journey one must make right along with it?

By the way, the reason why I lost one pound is because of going to my step class the other day and going to the gym a day or so before that. Seriously, exercise can help you and I still feel good physically and my inches remain in check as I struggle through my compliance.

I'll have to just go ahead and start my journal and stop robbing yours. I'm sorry. I was inspired by what Sarya wrote and I wanted to tell Jo I'm glad I could help HER for a change, since her story has been so inspiring and to check on you.

By the way, I had to focus on my last ticker and realized I understated myself. BEFORE I went to Cali, I gained 3 pounds and then another 3 - 4 after that, so I gained a total of 7 lbs off Medifast. Depressing but I'm working my way back and there is a part of me that is not sorry for this. This is progress, not perfection, as someone has said before. the one thing I am definitely committed to is Medifast, meaning that I am not leaving it. Even when I was "off", I was having shakes and bars here and there.

Okay, into my journal . . .

Kim
Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » November 2nd, 2006, 9:01 am

Anyone that has been reading my journal is probably getting really sick of me saying I am back on plan and going to get to goal. Well that is everyones hope here and once again that is my hope.

All my distractions are done till Thanksgiving. That gives me a month of being 100% compliant and that is what I plan on doing. I plan on letting myself have a thanksgiving dinner and going back till christmas. I plan to be at goal or below by Christmas.

I am offically on day 4 and back at 169 this morning. I am happy the first 3 days are done and now I am feeling great. It helps that I have found a new favorite meal. It is like I am cheating. It tastes just like Chocolate Pudding Graham cracker pie. YUM YUM.

So here is to not lying on my ticker :)

:toast: Day 4 and doing swell
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby loriannk » November 4th, 2006, 8:18 am

Day 6 of being 100% compliant. I am in the zone, I have the ketois taste in my mouth again. Life is good. I thought I would post a current picture of me taken today to my journal. Don't know why today as tomorrow I am getting my hair highlighted and new cut. Shoulda just waited. Oh well. This photo is to remind me that I did get off track but not by much. I think I still look good. I am also posting pictures of the 3 most important people in my life.

MF ROCKS!!!!! Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.

First photo is me today at 169. 2nd is my 8 year old Emily, 3rd is my 7 year old Megan, & Last is my 17 month old Matthew. They make me so proud.

ImageImage
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby loriannk » November 5th, 2006, 8:04 am

I can safely say I made it though the 1st weekend of me being back on MF. All the other times I restarted I blew it as soon as my hubby came home from work on Sat. But yesterday I said I wanted to stay home instead of go out to eat and had my tuna salad. It was good and made me feel good. Today I do have to go out and get my hair done. I will have a meal right before I leave and bring along a bar. I plan on getting 2 grill chicken packets from Burger king on my way home to have with my salad. I was so happy to find out you can just purchase them instead of the salad too. They put cheese and carrots and stuff I shouldn't have but I can buy the chicken and put it on my own salad. YAY!

So I have lost 4 lbs since starting on Monday. I was at 173 and now I am at 169 and been that way for 3 days now so I expect a drop in the next few days.

I am so glad to have restarted, I feel good and in the right mind set again. WOO HOO for me.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal