loriannk

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kendra_m » November 5th, 2006, 8:56 am

Sounds like you're doing great loriann. It feels so good to be in the zone, doesn't it? It's like it gives you extra inner-power to make those decisions in advance, to plan ahead to be successful.... all so important!

Your pics are great.... you look wonderful and your kids are adorable!

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby loriannk » November 6th, 2006, 6:53 am

Well I did indeed make it though the weekend being 100% compliant. I am a bit discouraged that the scale said 169 again today. That is like 4 days in a row. Maybe the second time around the weight comes off much slower? Oh well.

I am happy my chocolate pudding and oatmeal come today so I can make some more of my favorite meal. Chocolate graham cracker pie. Yum Yum.

On a bad note, I have to go back to the hair dresser today and have them fix my highlight. She said she used the same stuff as last time but my hair is so light and yellow. I don't like it, especially for fall. I am a little scarred now though with them having to fix it. We will see. I guess I can always wear a hat. LOL

So a WOO HOO to myself for making it a whole week. Now that that is behind me it should be pretty easy to stay compliant.

Happy Shakin!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kendra_m » November 6th, 2006, 7:10 am

loriann,
I may have missed this post somewhere, but what is your chocolate & oatmeal concoction? Sounds yummy.

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby loriannk » November 6th, 2006, 7:16 am

I think there is something similar in the lean cusine section but here is what I make and I just love it. Reminds me of Chocolate Graham Cracker Pie.

This is made with 2 Medifast Supplements, Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal & Chocolate Pudding.

Crust:

1 Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

1 packet of Splenda (2 if you want it sweeter)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple pie spice
1/4 tsp baking powder
Just enough water to make the "batter" stick together.

I used a large size muffin tin but you can use regular or mini muffin pans too. Spray with Pam.

I split the crust mixture in half and put in 2 tins. Push the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the tin. Bake at 350 for 10 - 15 min or until it looks done. Let cool.

Mix Medifast Chocolate Pudding according to directions. When Crust is cooled put 1/2 of Pudding in each cup. Put in the refrig for 1/2 hour or until you are going to eat it. I covered it with wrap.

It was sooo good I thought I was cheating. Remember that if you make 2 crusts that is 1 per meal. Or if you make 6 mini ones that is 3 per meal.

If you use a jumbo muffin pan (has 6 spots) make 2 crusts, regular muffin tin make 4 crusts, mini muffin pan make 6 crusts.

Enjoy!

I admit I put the tiniest dab of cool whip free on mine but that is not recommended for the program.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby casma500 » November 6th, 2006, 12:06 pm

YUM!!!! That sounds awesome!! I will be making some this week when I get more chocolate pudding! may even try that also with vanilla pudding & CL lemonade, to try to get a keylime type of pie (my personal fav). Yay! Can we have actual juice from a lime or lemon I wonder? Juice from half a keylime would be great too in the vanilla... hmmm, will have to ask Nancy if limes have carbs... dang Lori, you got me thinking now! :)
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~

Postby loriannk » November 7th, 2006, 6:51 am

There are probably tons of different ideas you can come up with for the pudding, especially the vanilla but I love the chocolate puddding so I stick to what I like. I tried the vanilla plain and I gagged it down. I made it really thick and it was like paste. It was a sample put in with my order.

Ok on the journaling... Today is day 8 of being compliant and finally the scale moved to 168 which puts me back in the 50 lbs club. Whew, I didn't like the looks of the 40lbs club just because I was once in the 60lbs club. My clothes are fitting better now then when I was 158. Why is that? Maybe the pounds I gained went somewhere other then my gut and butt :lol: Probably went to my arms, I swear I could fly if I flapped them fast enough. I am so happy I got back on the wagon. I guess once again I was really ready to do so. That's the key. I tried before and failed because I knew I had to but really didn't want to. This time I wanted to.

On a great note my hair was fixed yesterday and looks good. Still a bit blonder then I like but it is ok. AND my exercise room is a few days to being done. I can finally for the first time on MF start a exercise program. I have some sort of ab roller, a treadmill and a new reebok elliptical that is actually 2 years old but never used. Sad I know. I am excited to start. When my son naps I plan on doing the exercise.

Anyway thats it for today. Happy Tuesday!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby casma500 » November 7th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Way to Go on the 158!!!!!

And good luck with the exercise room! I'll be thinking about you (this is my last non-exercise week, and I'm not looking forward to starting that up next week) :x LOL
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~

Postby kendra_m » November 7th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Thanks Loriann, for the recipe of the choc graham cracker pie thing... sounds yummy and I'm definitely going to try it.

You're on a roll... sounds like you're doing great!!

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby loriannk » November 9th, 2006, 6:50 am

Today is a ? day. The scale said 169 again. Up a pound. Did nothing different, staying on plan and a weight gain. A bit upsetting but I am trying my best to not let it get me. The weight just does not want to come off this time around. I even cut out the bars for the last 4 days. Maybe I needed that bar with its extra calories and carbs. Who knows. If tomorrow there is still no movement I will start adding the bar back in and see if that helps.

Other then that doing great back on the MF train. Day 10 today. WOO HOO!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby loriannk » January 3rd, 2007, 2:28 pm

Wow, almost 2 months since my last post. I know I am up 20 - 30 lbs from my low of 158. I stopped weighing in about 2 weeks ago now. Boy did I let myself go this holiday season. I must have eaten 6 dozen cookies plus candy and junk. I allowed myself to do it that is what sucks. I just kept thinking I can just go back on Medifast and lose it in a month. Well the Medifast part is right, Medifast works great and is easy to follow. What is hard is ME. I just can't get the bad eating habits under control. I go off of Medifast and just eat and eat and eat. No reason either, I just eat. I guess I need to be brainwashed to get food off my mind. I just don't know.

The only good thing is once I decide to do something I will do it. So I decided to start MF again today and did it. All the junk food and candy still in the house doesn't even look good to me. I decided that food doesn't really taste that good or look good and today it really doesn't.

I refuse to weigh myself officially for 2 weeks. I am going to GA Jan. 14 - 20th to help a friend that just had a baby for a week and when I get back I will weigh in on that Sunday. I am hoping it will not be as bad as I think it is. I do still fit comfortably in my size 14 low rise Levis so I am rationalizing that I didn't gain that much.

So my goal right now is to get to where I was at 158 by my one year start date on Medifast. That date is 2/28. My other goal is to learn how to recondition myself to behave once I go off program and into the real world of food. Hopefully something will click and I will figure it out.

So thats it, the whole sad stupid story. Doesn't pay feeling sorry for myself since I did it to myself.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby loriannk » January 4th, 2007, 12:26 pm

Day 2 back on plan. All is going smooth. No headaches this time around. Feeling good about my decision to get back on plan and lose this holiday weight.

Tried 3 new products yesterday and today.

1. The Veggie Beef Stew was pretty good. It did remind me of Minestrone though. I added a beef boullion cube, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. I enjoyed it. Great for those cold days.

2. Scrambled Eggs. Loved them, but I am a big egg fan. Tasted just like real eggs. Was a bit worried when making them because the batter is grainy but once cooked they were very yummy. I just added some pepper once cooked. A great way to start the day.

3. Chocolate Mint Bar. After reading all the bad reviews I had to buy my favorite bar and try it anyway. It was ok. Very crunchy and not as minty. But it was good. It seemed to last me a bit longer eating it. I would order them again.

So I am happy to have some new products to eat this time around. I do feel I will be pretty close to 158 by my one year start on Medifast. We will see. No scale again today. Just don't want to go there yet.

Have a great day and happy Shakin!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby KeleeGrl » January 4th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Thanks for the info on the eggs Lori. I wasn't too sure about them since they are powdered. I have to ask though....do they smell like eggs? I have this thing about smell!? :hatch:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby loriannk » January 4th, 2007, 3:45 pm

Yep they did smell like real eggs. Very good, perfect texture, just like you make it with real eggs. Like I said through when you mix it the batter is very grainy like you should mix it some more but the grainyness does go away after you micro them.

I hope medifast keeps making more stuff. A on the go bag of chips or something would be great kinda like the soy crips. Bars that you can have every meal would be super too.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby KeleeGrl » January 5th, 2007, 7:03 am

I will definitely be ordering up some eggs! Thanks !
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby loriannk » January 7th, 2007, 7:24 pm

Day 5 is in the bag! I made it though the weekend! I knew this would be my test and biggest challange. It is easy during the week when the hubby and older kids are at school. When they are home on the weekend and hubby eats and eats and eats it can get real hard to stay on track but I did. Staying on plan will be easy now that the first weekend is over. Wasn't going to weigh in for a few weeks but I caved and did and was happy to see 7 lbs gone since I restarted on Wed.

I still have to find away to get my food thinking turned around. I was thinking today about when I go off plan and can make my favorite bars and eat the whole thing withough anyone in the house knowing. How uterly disgusting is that? But that is me, sadly I am a sweetaholic. I need to recondition my brain and I don't know how. The losing weight is easy for me. I had no problem the first time around staying 100% compliant and lose the weight. When I go off plan that is where I seem doomed. I know "how" and "what" to eat but I still dont do it. I still have sweets on the brain. If anyone reading this has any suggestions or books or whatever that might help me I am all ears. I have to figure this out now so I dont relaps when I reach goal.

Anyway :toast:
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal