Life Changes

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Life Changes

Postby Jeanette » June 10th, 2004, 9:28 am

Hi all...I haven't been around for a bit. Lots of things going on in my life at the moment.

The biggest event in my life right now is my pending divorce. My husband and I are divorcing after 16 years of marriage. I will spare you the details. Suffice it to say that this is the hardest thing I've ever had to experience in my life. Even though we will no longer be husband and wife, he and I will always be the best of friends. To me he is even more than that--he is my family forever.

How does this relate to Medifast? In so many ways! Hubby has lost 55 lbs and his health is better than ever. I have lost 75 lbs, although I am struggling again to NOT stuff my emotions with food. I haven't always been successful, but I am determined to NOT go back to my old ways.

Please keep both my husband and me in your thoughts and prayers as we sort out the details and prepare for life without each other.

Thanks.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lois » June 10th, 2004, 10:17 am

Hi Jeanette,

I am praying for you right now, and will continue to do every day.

love,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » June 10th, 2004, 10:53 am

Dear Jeanette,

Sorry to hear about your pending divorce. You will need strenghs and friends now more than ever. And all of us will be here for you.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 10th, 2004, 1:39 pm

Jeanette,

You are such a doll. If only I could return 1/2 the encouragement and comfort I've received from reading all of your posts (which I really did do being a newbie)! My cousin is getting divorced after 22 years and got an e-book off the internet called Lifeline after Divorce Recovery Program and says she is feeling much better going through the exercises. She says it's like a life coach in a book form for the tough times she's experiencing. This is not a spam or anything like that - I'm not affiliated - I'm just passing along something that seems to be very helpful to her. I'll include you in my prayers and hope we can lessen your burden here too. :hug:

Camille (hawaiiwhatnot)
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ria » June 10th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Without a doubt I will be praying fervently for you! Remember that God does not give us more than what his grace can carry us through.

Kind Regards.
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Echo » June 10th, 2004, 4:52 pm

Jeanette, I'm divorced too and I know how hard it is, and how easy it would be to compensate with food. I wish you the best and admire you for your choice to stay friends with your husband and for your determination to stick with your plan. You really are an inspiration.
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Landylue » June 10th, 2004, 7:44 pm

Oh, Jeanette. I am so very, very sorry to read your post. I rather thought that your major stress would be a thing of the past when your play was over.

You are such a strong compassionate woman, Jeanette. I have no doubt in the world that you are going to be able to ride this problem out. Just hold on. Hold on.

Father God, please help my friend, Jeanette. Give her your strength, your grace and surround her with many loving, uplifting angels. May she turn her thoughts and her heart toward you when the rough times come, Lord, and never to the old habits that haven't served her well in the past. Put your arms around her at this very moment, Father, and give her a gentle hug from not only me, but from every member of this forum. In Jesus' name--Amen.

We love you, Jeanette, and are here for you.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » June 11th, 2004, 5:20 am

Hi Jeanette,

Like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear this news, but if this is truly the path you must walk at this time, walk it in grace and style. Know that God will never leave you or forsake you. I speak from experience. There is life after divorce....and many times, an even better one.

Many times as a single parent, living in a family oriented neighborhood, I would feel lonely and depressed, when I saw all the men in the neighborhood cutting the grass and washing the cars. I had no one to do these things for me. Then one day as I was feeling sorry for myself, a small still voice reminded me that I had GOD. At that moment, I realized that I had the best husband in the world...the universe. I didn't have to worry about him cheating on me, taking money from me, talking bad to me, or making me feel less than a person. I had the best!!! He would never leave me, never forsake me, never lie to me, never die.

I could trust Him with everything, my life, my health, my emotions, my children, my money....every thing!!!!

He's great!!! JUST TRY HIM!!!!! I promise He won't let you down!!!

Love,

Jewels

Postby Nancy » June 11th, 2004, 11:19 am

Oh, Honey! I really wish I could come to you right now and just be with you! I am really sorry, Jeanette.

We will pray for you and for your husband, too.

Your MakeMeThinner Buddies and Buddyettes are here for you.

Food is not your friend! You are NOT going back to your former ways of dealing with emotional upheaval because now you make good choices for your health. You are worth it!

We love you, 'Nette!!! :heart:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LadyChamp » June 15th, 2004, 2:35 pm

Oh Jeanette. I just don't know what to say. :)

You can and WILL make it thru this. I know it. I just know it.
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby susan » June 18th, 2004, 5:00 pm

jEANETTE,
SO SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS BUT LIKE EVERONE SAYS HANG ONTO THE LORD HE WILL SEE YOU THRU. AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE THE LORD HAS SOMETHING OUT THERE EVEN BETTER FOR YOU.ALL MY LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU JUST DON;T GIVE UP .i HAVE BEEN STRUGLING ALONG BUT i AM BACK ON TRACT i GOT OFF BUT DID;T GAIN ANY BUT i DIDN;T LOSE ANY EITHER SO i AM TRYING TO GET PAST THE 61 POUND LOSS. i WILL WITH THE HELP OF THE LORD AND NANCY SHE WAS REALLY ENCOURAGING TO ME .HANG IN THERE.

SUSAN
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby TamiL » June 20th, 2004, 1:44 pm

Hi Jeanette
I too have gone thru a divorce, and its one of the hardest things, however, you sound as if you and your husband will remain close, to some, that is odd, but that is whats happened to me and my xhusband...we always remained close, as weird as that is, he is a wonderful person on the inside with a great soul...and after going thru so long in my life with him...I cant imagine him not a part of it!! we stay in touch...and sometimes I think we even grew closer...in a way that we couldnt be while we were married for some reason!! you just hang tough girl...everything will fall into place for you!! youve had such a great success with your weight loss...dont let this get in the way!! keep shakin...and know that you are in all our thoughts and prayers!!
Tami :-P
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » June 22nd, 2004, 11:35 am

Thanks everyone....I truly appreciate your concerns.

I have been on e-mail with Mike today, telling him how I feel I am in a huge pit of despair and that I don't care about myself right now. I feel alot of contempt for myself because I was the one that decided to divorce.

But Mike said something to me in an e-mail that made me think:

Ok, so let's add insult to injury. Divorce is happening no matter what.
Water under the bridge DEAL WITH IT. I am not saying this in a mean way,
but nothing you can do will prevent it now, correct? Deal. Weight is a
totally different issue. Yes, I know stress eating, I have been a
carrier as well as you. HOWEVER, you have 2 options, finish this, no BS
excuses, or go back to 3XX whatever it is, and NEVER do it again. You
know as well as I do, you will gain the weight back if you don't stop
this now, again please prove me wrong.

How much plainer can it get than that?
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby explorthis » June 22nd, 2004, 11:57 am

I just hate thinking someone can ruin THIS progress based on stress. Most or all of us are stress eaters. Food is a crutch, addiction, call it what you want. We have been on numerous, countless diets in our lives. Some have worked, and most have not. Some of you need to lose a bunch of weight and some of you only a bit. Some of you are close, and some of you are not. BOTTOM LINE – we are here to support each other, and perhaps help ourselves just a bit. I can’t say I have ever experienced any real stress, loss of a loved one, or divorce (thank what ever God I believe in) but I know I have a food problem.

Problems are going to come, and they are going to go, and I know these will play an important part in our food choices probably for the rest of our lives. Look, I am not an expert by any means. This new life for me is exactly that, NEW.

I do know what I feel. I know how hard I have worked for this, and I know EXACTLY what you are feeling when it comes to food. I know every short second you spend on Medifast, brings you one step closer to your goal.

Medifast is not going to solve our stress problems, but I can tell you that once the weight that burdens not only your body and your mental state goes away, there is a different hope that accompanies this.

Stick with this, no matter what. Stop making excuses, stop trying to justify a bite of this, or a nibble of that. Medifast is designed ONE way. It’s not brain surgery; it’s a plain simple weight loss management program. Parties, reunions, get together’s, what ever they are, adds to the stress in your life. Why let these things ruin any of your progress?

Read the posts, see what people are saying. Tell me, PROVE TO ME Medifast is not working. The stress is going to come weather your on Medifast or not, and it will come long after Medifast is past.

Thoughts….
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » June 22nd, 2004, 1:08 pm

There's no question that Medifast works....IF YOU WORK IT!

Mike is 100% correct--stressful situations will ALWAYS be there! It is up to me to decide that food is NOT going to give me comfort that I can get in other ways.

So, here's to starting back on the journey again! Here is what I am pledging to myself:

--to put myself first
--to be 100% honest with myself

Thanks to all for their support, but especially to Mike, who has not given up on me, even when I gave up on myself! You are a great friend, Mike.
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Next

Return to Weight Loss