Hi - New Life, new goals

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi - New Life, new goals

Postby shineface » January 31st, 2004, 7:22 pm

Hello to my new friends -- and am I glad you're here!!!!! I feel like I know you all through reading just about every post on this forum ---- and thank God I found this forum!!!!
I have spent my entire life dieting - no lie - I have probably lost my entire self at least three times and spent in excess of $100k on plans, props, books, tools and torture.
The last two years I have had to make some difficult life-altering changes in my life after my 58 year old husband dropped dead one nite from an unexpected heart attack - talk about life changing in 5 minutes. He was 12 years older than me but according to the doctors had no major health or heart problems. He was my best friend. I did what I was told and waited a year before making any major life decisions - then, I sold my house, moved to a new town and changed careers --- and I have survived, in spite of what I originally thought would happen. I miss him everyday - but I get up and put one foot in front of another and just do it.
Well, the time has come to do that with my weight. A week ago when I started Medifast I weighed 290, this morning 275.5 -Thank you God - with support and a place to go for support (like I did after my husband died) I will do this, I need to do this for me and the rest of my life. Thanks for being here and I'd love to get to know you all much better ---- I need you.
Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 31st, 2004, 7:50 pm

WELCOME PAM!!!

It is the strength and courage you have already shown that will make you successful with Medifast.

You will find all kinds of support here! There are several folks here that are in the same spot on the journey that you are...and a few of us a little farther along.

And for the record, we need YOU as much as you need US!

Welcome...hang around awhile!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Maggie » January 31st, 2004, 9:09 pm

Hi Pam..........and welcome. I'm glad you decided to join our forum family. You had a great first week. And the amazing thing is that with Medifast the great weeks just keep coming. If you follow the plan, you will lose weight. It sounds like you have prepared yourself mentally to lose your weight, now all you have to do is take one day at a time. And we will be here for you if you need us. Be sure to post your first weeks weight loss on the Sunday morning Roll Call which I post every Sunday. No competition, just great motivation. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 31st, 2004, 11:18 pm

Hi Shiney and welcome to the forum,
Geeesh...life can sure be bumpy sometimes, huh? It makes the smoother parts smoother though. Glad you found us and look forward to your success.
Keep shakin' and keep us posted,
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby finalstraw » February 1st, 2004, 7:58 am

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME.

I second everything said above in the other post. You have really overcmoe some obstacles of late. This will not always be easy, that is why we are here, come here and often. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ellen » February 1st, 2004, 8:43 am

Pam,
Welcome. We look forward to getting to know you as we complete this journey together!

Look at you, you are already a success with 15 pounds gone. Keep up all that great work!

Keep on shaking!
Ellen
248/212/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 1st, 2004, 9:50 am

Pam - what an amazingly strong woman you are! I'm glad you've found our little family, and welcome.

I look forward to reading your successes :)

Kimbob the Awed
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Go girl!!

Postby MamaD » February 2nd, 2004, 9:04 am

Wow shineface!! 15 pounds!1 That ought to really encourage you
You are a shining example of Life!! Keep going girl!! One day at a time..you are in God's hand... and what an inspiration to me!! Thanks so much for sharing!! 8)
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby shineface » February 3rd, 2004, 4:42 pm

Hi guys---

Your kindness overwhelms me and bolsters me and touches me and PUMPS ME UP!!!! -- Thank you all so much... Together we can do this - everything I read on this forum nourishes my soul and I truly believe that together we will all support one another into a healthier, happier and lets not forget HOTTER body!!!
I've officially decided to put the ME in Medifast --------
Take care of YOU.....Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MamaD » February 3rd, 2004, 4:56 pm

"I've officially decided to put the ME in Medifast -------- "

ME
ME
ME

I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 days almost down!!!!!
CC the kinda hungry!!!

...and it sure is time!!!!
MamaD
Trusted Member

Wow, fantastic 1st week

Postby HD » February 3rd, 2004, 7:05 pm

Hi Pam,
Welcome to the Happy Zone :lol: I too started the 24th and the 1st week I lost 11, I am so Happy to hear you lost 15 :toast: We'll drink our shakes together. This is the place to come for support, I love it here. keep us posted on your wonderful progress. Keep it Shaking :chef:
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.