NSV Goals

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

NSV Goals

Postby big ron » September 22nd, 2007, 1:33 pm

One of the great motivating factors is the NSV's non Scale Victories. I have put together a list of NSV's I am looking forward to achieving and experiencing. If you have some to add or have some that you achieved pls share

goal NSV's

Walk without being winded and pain
cross legs
people's unsolicited comments
fit in airline seat
fit in office chair comfortably
buying clothes in regular store
look good in suit
walk in public without people stares
Tye shoes without struggling
ride bicycle
fit in restaraunt booth
bloodpressure normal
increased energy
breath easier without using inhalers constantly

:treadjog:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby holberry » September 22nd, 2007, 2:22 pm

Hey Ron,
You are doing great!
And you know what bro, you are going to meet your goals and feel so good.
h
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » September 22nd, 2007, 3:12 pm

Being able to cross my legs was a great one for me. I know if you keep on shakin' you can make those goals.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » September 22nd, 2007, 5:28 pm

Ron,

They will happen. All of these have already happened with me. I think one of the biggest for me emotionally has been the fact that people don't stare at the "big fat man" as they walk by and they don't whisper or say rude things or laugh as they walk by.

Being a teacher, I used to get the snickering and laughing by students about my size, and I don't get that anymore either. Going from 460 lbs to 270 lbs, I am now just a big guy instead of a big fat man. Heck, I have students whose dad's are bigger than me now. ;)

The other one on your list that really surprised me was not only being able to lift my leg up to cross it "guy" style, but also to have the legs cross at the knees. Its just such an amazing thing to feel "normal sized" if you get my meaning.

I want to wish you well, and thanks for posting your ripped pants thing. I totally related to that one too.

Keep at it and it will happen for you too.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 26th, 2007, 9:15 pm

I'd like to add mine...if you dont mind. :mrgreen:

~Wear a sexy outfit on a date night *instead of long t-shirts all the time*
~Shop in the ladies department instead of the WOMAN's department. (Who is LANE Bryant anyway?? Male or Female?)
~Look good in a business suit (with the jacket buttoned)
~Enjoy the rest of my life as a FIT and FOXY lady!
~Gain some self confidence with my appearance
~Lower my blood pressure before they diagnose me with Hypertension
~Get rid of Sleep Apnea
~Get small enough so I can jog *without putting the "twins" in danger or blacking both eyes*
~Have someone tell me I need to GAIN weight! LMAO!
~Have a man actually TURN his head in admiration or lust :mrgreen:
~Get a better night's sleep
~Gain control over eating habits
~Enjoy shopping at the malls again
~ Wear a bathing suit *not necessarily a bikini*
~Be more spontaneous for trips I've turned down (Jamaica, Hawaii, or Florida)
~Be a role model for all the youth I'm around...especially my daughter and God-children
~Look good in shorts
~Ride a bike up hill
~ Go hiking *haven't been in 6 years*
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 28th, 2007, 6:54 am

CGal67 wrote:~Shop in the ladies department instead of the WOMAN's department. (Who is LANE Bryant anyway?? Male or Female?)

Lane Bryant is store for women sizes 14-32. They have a Bridal department and Maternity department (online for both). For me they have offered a more comfortable fit since I have HUGE hips and a smaller waist. They have a work clothes section and then a jeans/t-shirt section for non-work times. Most of their clothes are fashionable, definitely better than trying to stuff all of us into a teenie bopper outfit. Fashion Bug, Petite Sophiscate, Lane Bryant and a few other online plus size stores are all sister companies with different products.
Their website is www dot lanebryant dot com. Oh and another great thing about them (at least in my area) is they are located in strip malls and not in the BIG malls.
Hope this helps!
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby iammissruth » November 28th, 2007, 6:54 am

You both have some great goals set. Keep up the good work!!
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby CGal67 » November 28th, 2007, 1:42 pm

iammissruth wrote:
CGal67 wrote:~Shop in the ladies department instead of the WOMAN's department. (Who is LANE Bryant anyway?? Male or Female?)

Lane Bryant is store for women sizes 14-32. They have a Bridal department and Maternity department (online for both). For me they have offered a more comfortable fit since I have HUGE hips and a smaller waist. They have a work clothes section and then a jeans/t-shirt section for non-work times. Most of their clothes are fashionable, definitely better than trying to stuff all of us into a teenie bopper outfit. Fashion Bug, Petite Sophiscate, Lane Bryant and a few other online plus size stores are all sister companies with different products.
Their website is www dot lanebryant dot com. Oh and another great thing about them (at least in my area) is they are located in strip malls and not in the BIG malls.
Hope this helps!

I guess what I mean is WHO is Lane Bryant?? Is it a man or a woman? Just wondering how they came up with that name. LOL! :mrgreen:
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 28th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Oh, I have no idea. I just go for the clothes, and sometimes to talk to my friend that works there.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 28th, 2007, 3:09 pm

I'm sure if I think about it, I have many. BUT I have one that is most important to me and that is my daughter. I want to be a good example for her, healthy for her AND I want to take her swimming next summer and actually swim with her instead of sitting on the side in jeans. I'm looking forward to the work out a good swim will give me every day next summer!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room