larahb68

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby larahb68 » March 26th, 2007, 10:18 am

Small world! Actually, I'm headed to the Montefiore area (actually, the Kauffman Med Bld where the ambulatory neuro clinic is). I think the thyrodrama is under control for a while and now the focus is back on the MS. I doubt he'll order any diagnostic tests; my Greensburg neuro has pretty much done all of them unless he starts to re-do them (yikes!). But I'll enjoy another pretty day in the city for both of us! 8)
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 26th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Hmm. Well, sitting here thinking I really should be going to bed. Going to be a long day tomorrow after being off for 4 days in a row! :shock:

Trying to come up with something profound for my journal, but as I usually say when feeling profound: "I got nothin'." :roflmao:

Well, I do have one not so profound thing to add: If you're ever out at Don Pablo's, lemme just say that Mama's Skinny Enchiladas ain't so very skinny. I think they're about as good as one can do there sparing a salad for the 167 billionth day in a row, but just not exactly "skinny." Glad I'm a FitDay junkie because fortunately I know I'm still under my 800 cals and my protein still exceeds my carbs for today.

Neuro visit was okay. Glad he's thinking maybe not MS at this point, but not too excited at the prospect of SBVD (small vessel brain disease) or going back to Presby for 6 hours of re-testing in April. Argh.

Well, that's it. Now I REALLY got nothin. Better go figure out a way to get sleepy soon! Maybe getting to Curves tomorrow will help my sleep schedule... :snooze:
Lara

larahb68

Postby Nancy » March 26th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Dear Lara ~

So…you continue to be a mystery for the docs, eh?
Maybe we can get you on the next season of House and he can figure you out!

Stay away from those enchiladas, Girl!

Take care and remember... you are moving toward health and we are glad for ya.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 27th, 2007, 11:23 am

yeah yeah yeah, can i? can i? i LOVE HOUSE and am a total junkie!! it's such crap medicine but fun personalities! don't you think they need a PA? :lol:

weight up 0.4 today. think i'm paying for that rotten mama's enchiladas. jerk. :twisted:

on a happier note, i get to go to curves today. good thing cuz work is making me nuts today. just feeling very short-tempered for no good reason. some days i just want to tell people to suck it up rather than be al nicey nice and compassionate for 10 hours. good thing i'm on a MF break right now, eh? ;)
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 27th, 2007, 8:04 pm

I hope your doctor figures out what is going on and it's something fixable. I know what it's like to play spin-the-diagnosis - it ain't fun.

Have a good night's rest.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 28th, 2007, 7:22 am

My goodness, that scale sure has a pace of it's own. 191.6 this a.m. I won't complain because I do believe that I'm probably putting on some weight with muscle from Curves and walking the hills here at home. I have my skinnier jeans on today to make me feel better. ;)

Got up late again today as I am wont to do on Wednesays, my day off. Been feeling a lot more tired during the day lately. I'm not sure if it's the longer work days or exercies or what, but it's odd how tired I am during the day yet I have trouble getting to sleep at night.

Well, now the big decision for the day: Curves, a walk, or another exercise option? On all the other days of the week I don't have time for more than 30 minutes so Curves is a no brainer, but today I could actually go for a long walk or do an exercise DVD or something more interesting... Hmm. :goofyjump:

And I have to decide what to do about small group tonight. I'm in a group that gets together and eats every other Wednesday and it always turns into a feeding frenzy. :eat: It's not so much that I won't be able to resist the pizza tonight because I know I can; it's that I hate making a big deal about not eating what everyone else is eating. I just hate how big of a deal weight and eating is in society. I skipped last time because I didn't want to deal with it and I did legitimately have some work stuff to do, but I don't want to keep making DH go by himself and I also don't want to keep being noticably absent. So, maybe I'll just take my L/G salad and just tell folks who wonder that "I'm watching what I eat" and hope that just accept it and don't beat the point to death...
Lara

larahb68

Postby larahb68 » March 29th, 2007, 7:55 pm

got up, went to work, felt like a lacky PA while all the docs were at the funeral. in a bit of a grumpy mood and forgot to eat. went to curves and that was nice. had turkey for supper to make up for an extra bar i had to eat for forgetting my lunch today.
weight the same on my scale today but down 4.5 pounds in last week on the Curves scale.
i have a headache from my sister. :x
Lara

larahb68

Postby DonicaB » March 30th, 2007, 9:28 am

Hi Lara~ I hope today is going better for you. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. Hang in there!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » March 30th, 2007, 9:52 am

I hope you feel better soon.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 30th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Thanks, guys. Family drama seems to be calming down a little bit. Still have a HA, but today I think it's because it's Friday and I miss my Friday night beer with my DH! ;)
Lara

larahb68

Postby larahb68 » March 31st, 2007, 7:03 am

190.8 this a.m. I think the weight loss gods have a vendetta about keeping me out of the 10-pound club! :roll:

Looked at my FitDay report and think I figured out why my weight loss may be so very slow. My average calorie consumption for the last week has been 650 with a high of 800. My report shows that I am meeting major nutritional needs, but I just wonder if I'm in starvation mode rather than ketosis? :idontknow:
In addition, I have been going to Curves or walking 1-2 miles daily also.
I'm losing but at a snail's pace! On a good note, I feel good and healthier. Some clothes are fitting better and I know *something* is happening.

Today should be a good day and I hope to get a nice walk in before the rain hits our area. Maybe I'll drop my .2 before tomorrow to make it to 10 pounds! :roll:
Lara

larahb68

Postby bikipatra » March 31st, 2007, 7:10 am

I hope you make it. Make sure to weigh with very little clothing on!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby larahb68 » March 31st, 2007, 7:33 am

Thanks, Biki! I always weigh buck and after, uh, micturating as we say in the medical world! ;)

Hey, when you do your e-bay shopping, how do you do your searches? Do you just put in your size or what? You find such good deals!! I was going to go to Goodwill, but I realized that half of the inventory there is mine and I really don't want to do that! I'd rather e-bay... Any tips?
Also, best wishes with your friend. I know that can be a real opportunity but a tightrope walk too. I'll be thinking of you both!
Lara

larahb68

Postby bikipatra » March 31st, 2007, 12:32 pm

I will use a general phrase such as 16 skirt. For tops I might use 1x shirt, then it will do the search and there will be a box on the left where you can specify sleeve length, career or casual, new or used etc.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby larahb68 » March 31st, 2007, 2:45 pm

Back from my walk/jog. What a beautiful day outside today!!! I started out so light on my feet that I just loved it! Even the hills early on didn't feel bad, so by the end of my first mile I decided to try to jog my second mile. (I used to jog the 2nd and 3rd mile in the past). Well, I didn't make it throught even the second mile, but it sure did feel good to jog a little bit. What I decided is that it's not good to take off for 3 miles after only oatmeal, coffee, and a sugar-free Red Bull in the a.m. I never thought I'd dream of a medifast shake but there I was in my 3rd mile thinking lustful thoughts of a cool dreamy dutch chocolate slushy! So, anyway, I jogged part of the 3rd mile also and made it back only to spend the rest of the day feeling ucky. I did have a shake right when I got home, then later had some lowfat cottage cheese because I just felt so physical in need of something. Now I'm making my hubby some beef stroganoff and wondering what I'm going to have...
Lara

larahb68

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal