larahb68

1 Thread per registered User.

I know

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 11:04 am

I just got yelled at by my trusty doc for the same thing. Actually, I sort of yelled at myself. I said it outloud and he smiled and agreed in his quiet usual self and knew I was right and was glad he didn't have to say it first. :|

I am and continue doing this not because I'm seeing miraculous fabulous weight loss, but because it is the right thing to do to be healthier and to retrain my body and mind.

I rant outloud because I learned if I don't I'll explode.

I come here because I know you'll keep me honest and tell me exactly what I need to hear to keep me on track and focused on the right priorities--not pounds or ounces lost this week or day or hour, but how many baby steps I have taken towards learning to love my healthier self.

Thank you.
;)
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 19th, 2007, 11:08 am

:yippee: By Jove, I think she's got it. :yippee:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Ketones

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Okay, doc said to keep testing my urine different times of the day since ketones come and go willy nilly since you can be constantly in and out of KB production. So by lunchtime I was 5 and by the time I left this afternoon I was 15 which for some odd reason made me feel better.

Had to think about why that matters to much to me. It's not that I've changed anything about the way I do or have done MF. I think it's just reassurance that I'm not inherently screwing anything up. I always worry about that. In everything I do, not just MF. I worry about doing things wrong all the time. It reflects one of my biggers issues of perfectionism and fear of failure-- on doing things wrong. Which again brings me around to the fact that if I focus on being healthy and doing this for the right reasons, there really is no "wrong." :dooh:
Lara

larahb68

Postby Unca_Tim » March 19th, 2007, 4:45 pm

Throw away your keto-stix and follow the Quick Start Guide and you can't be wrong....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » March 19th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:Throw away your keto-stix and follow the Quick Start Guide and you can't be wrong....:)

But trying to pee on those little sticks is so fun! :lol:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

actually

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 4:54 pm

actually, i have no ketostix because i don't believe in them. ;) I hijacked some urine dipsticks from my office today (I'm an internal med PA) and they happen to have ketones on them for out diabetic patients. Acutally, I dipped my urine more to make look for protein and check specific gravity and pH than anything since. I'm also going to check my bloodwork tomorrow when I'm rounding at the hospital. I want to be sure I'm not screwing up my lytes with my water, etc. and not heading toward kidney stones with some of my other meds. But the ketones were too irrisistable for my perfectionistic self to ignore! :oops:
Lara

larahb68

Postby bikipatra » March 19th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Don't worry, there are lots of people with borderline obsessive-compulsive order on this board! I am one of them, so welcome!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Thanks! Did I say thank you? I meant to say thank you. I hope I said thanks. Oh my, what if I didn't thank Biki appropriately? What will she think? Should I PM her? Should I? I hope she knows I'm grateful. I better go back and thank her in her thread.... Biki needs to be thanked. If I don't thank her...
:roflmao:
Lara

larahb68

Postby Tawanda » March 19th, 2007, 5:56 pm

:shock:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » March 19th, 2007, 8:56 pm

:roflmao:
There ain't nuthin' borderline there!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby JonnaD » March 19th, 2007, 9:34 pm

I agree Sojo, we are so far south of the border, they can't find us anymore. :roflmao:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 20th, 2007, 5:06 pm

Another day, another well... day. Woke up and started out grouchy again. I just don't get it. I don'd understand HOW I can be following the plan so carefully and compliantly and not doing any deviating and not only not losing, but actually gaining. I've gone from sheer anger and frustration to almost concern about my body. It's just not right to be consuming what I'm consuming for 2.5 weeks and be stuck where I'm stuck. Makes me wonder what's going on. Is it my daily injectable med? Is it my thryoid disease now putting on the breaks? I've already analyzed my feelings about why it matters to me and I've come out to this point: there's nothing inherently healthy about drinking all your meals. The healthy thing is losing weight which I'm not doing despite my best efforts and sacrifice and putting my full energies forward. So today at work we all talked about joining another program together. It's hard for people at work to watch me be totally compliatnt and not lose, too. They're so supportive that I think they get just as disappointed as I do. So, the theme today is less about :x and more about :huh:
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 20th, 2007, 7:16 pm

What program are they considering?
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 20th, 2007, 7:22 pm

a bunch of them want to get a "weight watchers at work" started. since we're a physician office, we obviously have the scale and BP cuffs and could even do bloodwork if we wanted because we all have the same insurance and most of us the same doc even.
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 20th, 2007, 7:48 pm

I didn't want to hear they were thinking about the Atkins diet. There's concern the level of ketosis with it can be damaging to your liver and kidneys. :?

You have to decide what will work for you. Whichever way you go, I wish you success. :D
Jonna
JonnaD

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal