larahb68

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JonnaD » March 18th, 2007, 7:34 pm

No GI problem. I was born with one kidney and it had to be rebuilt when I was a tot. The doctor is taking a very conservative stance with me. She wants me to keep my carbs fairly stable throughout the day.

Jonna
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 8:08 pm

that seems wise. being thinner and healthy isn't helpful without a trusty kidney. my oldest brother went through a kidney and pancreas transplant several years ago after being on dialysis following 30 years of diabetes (type I-- age 8 at diagnosis). he's doing well now.

anyway, good luck. I did see that we can have a TBSP of flax which I thought about adding because it's suppose to help with myelin production and i have MS that i'm on meds for... Hmm. I should probably tell my neurologist i'm doing this. but he's pretty easy going and trusts me since i'm a physician assistant. my pcp knows i've done it before and my supervising doc lets me order bloodwork on myself whenever i think i need it.

have a great monday! let's keep track of each other since we're off to the same start! :D
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 18th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Sounds like a great plan, Lara. I'm glad your doctor is working with you on making this work.

You have a great Monday, too.

Jonna
Jonna
JonnaD

Argh

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 4:35 am

Okay, this morning I really wondered if I should keep doing this. Really... my weight hasn't changed since probably about close to a week ago which means that after about 6 pounds on 800-1000 calories daily that's it?!? Maybe there's something that keeps me from even ever getting into ketosis. I dunno. I'm going to really think about it today. If I'm going to dribble along at ounces a week, I can do that without this drama. I have proven that I can stay away from food (and obviously do it without getting much reward for it!) Maybe MF isn't for me this time around. Maybe I should just stick to WW and exercise. I'm just NOT losing despite being 1000% compliant and it just makes me more frustrated every day.
Lara

larahb68

Postby Unca_Tim » March 19th, 2007, 7:52 am

Hi Lara,
Maybe you could give us some examples of your daily schedule and we might see something that could be holding you back.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Thanks...

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 8:07 am

Thanks. I know I sound like a whiner. Here's my general schedule: I've been trying to eat more fresh veggies and last night I tried cottage cheese for my "meat." I have only missed a supp one time and that was Saturday night because I slept in late. In 2 weeks+ I haven't missed any others and I generally drink about 100 oz water:
So here's my regular schedule:
7-7:30ish a.m. Shake
10ish Shake
Noonish Soup (usually chili or wild rice made night before and heated up)
3ish Shake or bar
L&G: Original Boca burger with measured out (0.5-1 TBSP Heinz One Carb Ketchup) and canned green beans (might be a little more than 1.5 cups because it's a can but if you do the serviing sice math it's close to 1.5 cups). Lately I've also been doing a salad with plain grilled chicken (comes in 6 oz packet) and 2 c salad with 1/2 c. legal veggies and measured out low carb dressing.
Yesterday I slept in late and couldn't get in all my meals so ended up short. My calorie total was only 580 and my carbs ended up totalling 72 and my proteins only 51. I know you're supposed to have a 1:1 ratio of carb:protein or less, right? To complicate things, I want to start walking/biking soon, too. Any tips?!? I was thinking of just trying the 6-0 to jump start again. I think I had to do that last time...
Lara

larahb68

Ketones

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 8:09 am

Today at work I dipped my urine and got nearly no ketones which didn't actually surprise me based on my slowboat weight loss. On the other hand I do find it odd that I'm not getting hungry...
Lara

larahb68

Re: Ketones

Postby bikipatra » March 19th, 2007, 8:13 am

larahb68 wrote:Today at work I dipped my urine and got nearly no ketones which didn't actually surprise me based on my slowboat weight loss. On the other hand I do find it odd that I'm not getting hungry...

Not everyone shows pink on ketone strips during MF'ing. Some do, some don't. I have never tested higher than light pink. This is low level ketosis, not bacon, eggs, steak Atkins plan.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

yeah

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 8:24 am

funny. i can be so totally clinical and objective with patients and everybody else but when it comes to ME I get all irate and want RESULTS NOW. my supervising doc I work with (who is skinny as a rail and runs 7 miles a day) flippilantly asks today: "why do people want to quit when they don't lose weight?" WHY? WHY? Oh go chew on a fig leaf you naturally skinny freak of nature!! :x

Seriously, he is a marvelously nice and wonderfully supportive man and doctor otherwise and I love working with him. but my gasket was set to blow at that point anyway. I think I'm just angry with myself over letting it get this far-- this bad-- this heavy. I remember when I was 128 in Africa saying I'm never going to gain it back. Mom was right. Never say never. And never quit.
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 19th, 2007, 8:59 am

I know how you feel, Lara. I think part of it is seeing people like Jo and Karli and the others who are at or near goal and forgetting they didn't do it overnight either.

Maybe they can chime in with a few suggestions on how they made it.

:hug:
Jonna
JonnaD

Thanks, Joanna

Postby larahb68 » March 19th, 2007, 9:16 am

I was just going to stop by your journal and ask how your day is going. I know-- they call it a GOAL for a reason, right?! :roll:

I think my problem is continually comparing myself to where I was at this point 2 years ago and this isn't helpful at all.

I want to quit being such a whiner because there are so many great and supportive people here and I'd rather be one of them than draining their efforts!

Hope your day is going well so far...
Lara

larahb68

Postby bikipatra » March 19th, 2007, 9:23 am

JonnaD wrote:I know how you feel, Lara. I think part of it is seeing people like Jo and Karli and the others who are at or near goal and forgetting they didn't do it overnight either.

Maybe they can chime in with a few suggestions on how they made it.

:hug:

How about reading their journals? That should tell you a lot!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby JonnaD » March 19th, 2007, 9:48 am

I agree, Biki. I believe the Journal is the most important post on here.

Lara, I'm holding steady today, no loss overnight. The MF fairy missed me I guess. I didn't have a good sleep and that might be the problem. Hope tonight goes better.

Here's to a real "loser" of a day to everyone. :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Serendipity » March 19th, 2007, 10:08 am

Ok, so here's my 2 cents. It took me one year one month, and 15 days to lose 146 pounds. I continue to work at it each day to maintain it.

I'm worried that getting impatient after a week or even two (with weight loss progress at that), is a sign that attitude isn't where it needs to be to go the long haul it takes to get to goal and get healthy.

The good news....the great news is.....we all have the ability to change our attitudes. We can't change how fast we lose weight, but we can change our attitudes and eliminate our impatience. Sometimes when I see that my attitude is bad about something, I say allowed to myself and to whoever else is in the room "Wow, I need and attitude adjustment!" It has helped me in many areas, not just with eating.

This program can be very easy or very hard. It depends on each of us to choose the way.

Waiver: This is JMHO, as usual.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Pashta » March 19th, 2007, 10:11 am

You really shouldn't use canned vegetables, there is WAY too much salt in those and it could make you retain water. I always buy the frozen veggies in the microwavable bags. There's one brand that is exactly 1 1/2 cups cooked veggies I think it's called "Simply Steam" or something like that, it's in a box in the frozen vegetable section. They have plain broccoli and plain asparagus and I think green beans too.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal