larahb68

1 Thread per registered User.

larahb68

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 10:44 am

Ok, so here's my journal...

I'll admit it. I'm so totally frustrated!!!! :x This weight loss seems to be going SO slowly... I'm going to have to do something to figure out what's up with my schedule or choices or something.

On the other hand, there is something very good about trying. I'm glad I'm here among such a neat group of super supportive folks who are all so successful. How can I doubt this program in the midst of such clear evidence that it works?!? Am I nuts?

I think I'm just feeling unusually negative this morning. Hopefully I'll snap out of it soon!!

Thanks to anyone who stops by! Nice ta meet cha! Don't be scared by my rantings first thing. I'm really not scary! 8)
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » March 18th, 2007, 12:01 pm

I just think you may be a little premature with your rantings. I mean, 6 pounds in 2 weeks is not slow! What other diet plan can product those results?

Stick with it.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Rethinking

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 12:02 pm

Okay, trying to be more positive about things. Now, even if I just stay on track with 3 pounds a week (which feels like not very much in comparison but I know what my mom would say about comparing myself to others)... That would come out to 12 pounds a month which would still get me very near goal by the time I go on vacation with my family.

I just don't want to be "fat aunt Lara" at the water park with my neices and nephew. Who really wants to be the beached whale in a swimsuit? NOT ME!! Ok, so 200 minus 48 comes out to what? 152. I can handle that I think.

So I need to shut up, quit whining, keep shaking, and just be happy I'm losing and not gaining. Eyes toward the goal, girlie. Eyes toward the goal. I can do this. I know I can.

THINK STINKING POSITIVE ALREADY YOU MORON!! :hammerhead:
Lara

larahb68

Yeah

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 12:05 pm

I think you're right. My thinking does get stilted when I get impatient. And when I went back to my OLD posts, I saw that I actually converted to the full fast to jump start out of impatience and I haven't had to do that this time. Patience is a virture for sure. Yeah, one I surely don't have yet. ;)
Lara

larahb68

Postby bikipatra » March 18th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Serendipity wrote:I just think you may be a little premature with your rantings. I mean, 6 pounds in 2 weeks is not slow! What other diet plan can product those results?

Stick with it.

I have to agree with Joleen. And remember, for almost all of us, our first few weeks were the big drops followed by smaller ones afterwards.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » March 18th, 2007, 12:20 pm

atta girl. Now you're talkin'!

I lost an average of 2.5 lbs. per week and that's including a fast start because I was so bloated from overeating the last week before I started. I wasn't the fastest loser, but if I do say so myself, I was a very determined loser and as you can see, it paid off.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Thanks

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Yeah, I know you're both right. I think I was waiting for the initial big drop that never happened. But to be fair, I had been a higher weight before and probably dropped before starting? I dunno, I think I'm rationalizing now! :roll:

I'm also nervous because I'm currently hyperthyroid (long story--I have MS and got started on a med that gave me Grave's hyperthyroidism and NO, I DID NOT LOSE WEIGHT WHICH SUCKS; according to my endocrinologist I am in the 3-5% who "just don't lose.") Anywho, I'm having radioactive iodine treatment to completely ablate my thyroid on Friday afternoon and then I fear that without any thryoid function I'll bloat up like a stuffed javelina before they get me regulated. Argh.

All that plus I'm on a daily injectable MS med (Copaxone) which has been known to cause weight gain and I've only been on that about 6 weeks.

So I'm just being nervous and I really, come to think of it, should just be more greatful that I'm losing at all, huh?!? Now why didn't I think of that before? These journals are a great idea!! :lol:
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 18th, 2007, 2:09 pm

I was hoping for a big first week loss, too, Lara, but I'll have to be satisfied with my 7#.

That's if I don't weigh in the afternoon, when I seem to gain another pound or two. So, morning weigh-ins only for me or I'll be way too depressed to follow the plan properly.

Were you on those meds before, Lara? That might also explain the difference.

Don't give up without a fight, you're worth it.

Jonna
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Patience

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 2:15 pm

Yeah, we'll both have to work on our patience I guess. Just wish it would come faster!! ;)

Good luck and thanks for your encouragement! See you along the journey!
Lara

larahb68

Postby Tawanda » March 18th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Goodness girls!! You've both done excellent and I hear some grousing? :x CUT IT OUT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You are doing great and I hope you'll continue to journal and continue to lose so well!! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Some changes today

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 5:34 pm

Okay, today i tried some changes and I hope it shows on the scale at least tomorrow or on the next few days.

1. Got in all my supplements (as opposed to yesterday).
2. New options for lean and green: 1 c cottage chees and 1.5 c cooked fresh broccoli
3. Still drank all my water
4. Went for a very short walk (0.5 mile) to get the mail

We'll see if it makes a difference. I sure hope so. I'm getting more nervous about gaining after my thyroid radiation.

Can't wait to try the broccoli soup crackers tomorrow!
Lara

larahb68

Postby bikipatra » March 18th, 2007, 5:54 pm

JonnaD wrote:I was hoping for a big first week loss, too, Lara, but I'll have to be satisfied with my 7#.

Jonna

How much bigger did you want it to be?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

What is a big week anyway?

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 6:08 pm

:?: for me, i was hoping my first week would be more than 3 pounds... I think Joanna's first week was actually 7 pounds. I had a total of 6.2 in TWO weeks. But, like my whole tirade says above, i'm really getting to be okay with that. though a big week with more than 3 pounds some time would be great, if I can stay with that pace, i'll be content. i'm going to have to remember that my meds and thyroid might stick their tongue out at me and try to antagonize me but in the end, this plan, based on sheer science, HAS to work!
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 18th, 2007, 7:16 pm

My 7# is a two week loss, if it had been one week I'd have been sending up fireworks. :lol:

I'm just nervous about having to add 1/2 cup grain to my L&G. Will that be a real slow down?

Jonna
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

oops

Postby larahb68 » March 18th, 2007, 7:26 pm

ok, sorry Joanna! I must have misread your post. so we are both in the same boat-- the slow one! ;)

forgive me, but I don't remember why you are having to add the grains. do you have a GI condition that requires more fiber? If that's why, it doesn't seem like that should be a really big problem because it would just make your "transit time" more appropriate and you would maybe get rid of it then? I dunno, I'm certainly no expert!

Let's hope we'll both have a great and magical visit from the 3rd week Medifast fairy!
Lara

larahb68

Next

Return to My Journal