KMR

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby PJinCali » October 19th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Thanks Jo,

Mine is so bad it almost looks like I just had hair plugs put in. :x My hair stylist is helping me by doing more layers at the top of my head. I noticed at the 6 month point as well and started the Nioxin, Biotin and Fish oil & primrose oil right away. I am going to keep using these treatments and I hope I see some improvement soon. :kool:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 19th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Hey girl, Sorry to hear about your hair. I haven't had that problem so I'm not sure how to help. One thing that I have been doing is taking a vita-pak, which includes all essential vitas, efa's and minerals. Like Serendipity said, MF has all of the nutrients that we need. So , I'm not sure if it makes a difference. I hope you find a way to stay on MF. It won't be the same with out you here my friend :cry: . Keep me posted about what you decide.
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » October 20th, 2006, 4:33 am

Ok, last hijack post, promise!

I just wanted to tell you, PJ, that it really helped they way my hair looked when I got it cut shorter. The top was weighing it down and it did look alot thinner.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby kmr » October 20th, 2006, 6:06 am

Thanks Kanani! :hug:

I know that protien is the building blocks of hair, nails, and all the other good stuff in the body, and M.F. has plenty of that.
M.F. has plenty of vitamins and minerals too.
I think with me personally it just has to do with calorie intake and/or the low fat level. I'm taking in about 1000 kcal. per day for over a month now with out cheating. I know MY body needs a little more than that just to perform everyday bodily functions, so even if I just sat in a chair all day and didn't move....for right now I would still lose weight. Being that I'm always constantly moving and exercising (except when I'm on this forum- hee hee :lol: ) I really have no extra calories at all left over. That's why I'm losing so fast. That probably has something to do with the hair loss. I know once my metabolism has time to adjust to the extreme decrease in my "normal" calorie intake it will lower itself and I won't lose as fast any more. So I think I'll add another shake or some sort of healthy protien that also adds a little more calories and see what happends. Everybody is different and I know it depends on body size and metabolism. I'll see what happends. No matter what the outcome, I'm still proud of myself for sticking to the program as long as I have without cheating, and losing almost 30 lbs. already has really made me feel alot better! Much thanks and big hugs to all who have helped me make it this far! :bighug:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Lauren » October 20th, 2006, 11:06 am

Ahh, the age old hair debate. Sorry you are dealing with this KMR and PJ, it does suck, huh? Here's my two cents:

Like Jo, I was pretty much willing to do anything and tolerate anything if it meant weight loss. Would I ACTUALLY have been willing to go bald for it - probably not. But just maybe...it never had to happen, fortunately.

I started noticing pretty obvious hair loss several months into the program, and it did feel like it was just everywhere. The floor, the shower drain, the backs of my shirts, slightly freaky. I stepped up my Biotin intake to the 5000 mg a day, plus take the Omega 3 Fish Oils 3x a day. It still was falling out, but became less rapid. I have very light blonde hair, so it's especially noticeable when it's thin, because it's airy, like you can see through it! Anyway, about a month or two ago, I made a conscious decision to get more fats into my diet and see if that helps. Let me say, on this diet, I never added anything, ate a ton of steamed stuff, not using oils or dressing with any fat, so I was basically get the bare minimum of fats. But even though it goes against my natural dieting vibe, I started adding a couple tablespoons of Olive Oil every day to my salads, and being more liberal with where I may be getting oil. And let me tell you, I have very obvious new hair growth from it! All around the crown of my head, where it seemed like it was receeding before, are a couple inches of new hair! People have noticed that it looks healthier and a bit more vibrant.

So, you may want to consider adding healthy vegetable oils to your diet - it didn't affect my weight loss at all, and seems to have improved my hair and my skin even feels better!

Just my suggestion...good luck, whatever you decide!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby PJinCali » October 20th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Thanks Lauren! I am going to give that a try.

:yourock:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby kmr » October 22nd, 2006, 6:35 am

Thanks so much Lauren! I will take your advice. :D

NSV- While I was still debating on whether or not to stay with M.F., the other day I was running around getting everything ready for a family outing and I had put another pair of my old favorite jeans on that now fit again and out of the clear blue my husband comes up to me and says, "you're looking good sexy mama!" At first I wanted to crack up because he caught me so off guard being that I was so focused on getting everything ready to go out. I didn't crack up though. I just haven't heard him call me that in a long time! Well at that point I said, "I'm glad you said that because I was thinking about stopping M.F." He then said, "No...don't stop M.F.! You're doing so good. Keep going!" So point being..... I guess I'll be staying on plan for a while longer! :mrgreen:

P.S. I'm so glad I had saved alot of my favorite old jeans, hoping one day to fit into them again because it is saving me alot of money still having them! Sizes 16 to 4! :rose:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 22nd, 2006, 6:16 pm

Yay!! I'm happy that you're staying! :hi5:

Hopefully we can find a solution for the hair dilemma! I'm sure it will work out! :mrgreen:

I'm so proud of you kmr!! Keep shakin'! :toast:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby kmr » October 23rd, 2006, 6:12 am

Mahalo M.F. Buddy! :stroll: We're going to be Hot Hula Girls in no time! :ukulele: :ukulele: Kanani I know you already look awesome now, so post a pic girlfriend! Can't wait to see ya! 8)
kmr
Preferred member

Postby kendra_m » October 23rd, 2006, 10:15 am

I love your tree quote... is that an original?

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kmr » October 27th, 2006, 11:10 am

Was able to stay on my elliptical for 30 min. straight at 2.1 mph :runner: without stopping. My arms got a really good workout too! :weightlift: I didn't even lose my breath or become tired this time! :kool: The scale is moving in the right direction again too! :D I felt good, but I didn't want to over do it, so I stopped at 30 min. That doesn't include the exercise I get running up and down the stairs doing loads of laundry, mopping the floors, vaccuming the whole house, walking the dogs, etc. etc.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 1st, 2006, 1:34 am

Hey kmr!!!! Where are you girl? :dunno: Just checking!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby kmr » November 2nd, 2006, 8:04 am

I'm here Kanani! I've been CRAZY BUSY! Halloween parties, school parties, tricko' treating with the kids, Cub Scout parties, fund raisers, vet trips for my sick dog :cry: , birthday parties, yard work on our 16 acres of property, helping the kids with their school projects, bringing the kids to all their sporting events, house cleaning, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, working to promote public awareness and attemps to stop toxic waste dumping in our rivers and oceans, etc., etc. You get the idea. It's been busy. Thanks for thinking of me. I had some time finally to check in today before I have to take my pup back to the vet again :cry: . Hope all is going well for you! I'm sure you're doing well with your weight loss because you never made excuses to go off of plan, even when you easily could have (like during the serious earth quake that you had). I really admire you for that Kanani. When I have more time I'll play catch up with reading the other posts and see how everyone is doing. :hug: :wave:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 18th, 2006, 11:31 am

WELCOME HOME KMR!!!!!!! :yay:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby bikipatra » December 18th, 2006, 12:03 pm

kmr wrote:I'm here Kanani! I've been CRAZY BUSY! Halloween parties, school parties, tricko' treating with the kids, Cub Scout parties, fund raisers, vet trips for my sick dog :cry: , birthday parties, yard work on our 16 acres of property, helping the kids with their school projects, bringing the kids to all their sporting events, house cleaning, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, working to promote public awareness and attemps to stop toxic waste dumping in our rivers and oceans, etc., etc. You get the idea. It's been busy. Thanks for thinking of me. I had some time finally to check in today before I have to take my pup back to the vet again :cry:

I am glad Mother Teresa is no longer with us or they would push her out quicker than Star Jones and let you take her place! I hope things calm down for you!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal