KMR

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kmr » October 15th, 2006, 7:58 am

Took my walk with my pups this morning. Been doing good with getting my exercise everyday ontop of all the unofficial exercise I get running around getting things done from day to day. Figured I would try another "size 10" pair of jeans that I had bought, but didn't fit when I bought them, so I bought them as incentive to stay on plan. They're size 10 "super slims" To my surprise....they now fit! :dance: I was shocked being that TOM is still here and I'm bloated, plus all my weight is in my stomach. I'm still not weighing myself yet. I'm going to wait as long as I can now to weigh in, but I will definitely post my Thanksgiving weight to see if I reach my 185 goal by then. :mrgreen:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby kmr » October 17th, 2006, 9:02 am

It was a very nice afternoon yesterday so I got in a nice long walk with the pups. My new order should arrive today with some new stuff. I guess I'm going to have to use the elliptical today because it's raining. :x Some days I do feel like cheating but I just think about how bad I want to lose the weight......I don't want to stay on the program any longer than I have to .......and the money I spend on the products! Then I don't cheat! I do feel better about being smaller now and I love the fact that my chest is shrinking. It's alot more comfortable. I was looking at an old pic of me at my top weight and I couldn't believe how BIG my chest was! It almost took up my whole upper body! It was a pic of me and my sons and there friend at our lakehouse and I was sitting in our paddle boat taking them all for a ride on the lake so I was hunched over a little and the only thing you notice in the pic was my giant b**bs!!! That pic is enough to keep me on plan! :lol:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » October 17th, 2006, 2:19 pm

kmr wrote:the only thing you notice in the pic was my giant b**bs!!! That pic is enough to keep me on plan! :lol:

big boobs.

you poor thing.
:x
:lol:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 17th, 2006, 7:40 pm

yeah! Oh boohoo! Mine went froml less than average to shrinking like raisins in thr desert sun! :cry:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » October 18th, 2006, 4:55 am

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You two are too funny! I needed that laugh this morning! :lol:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby kmr » October 18th, 2006, 5:01 am

New NSV.... I bought a pair of jeans a couple of years ago just because I loved the way they looked, but I could never fit into them. I couldn't even get them past my knees. I tried them on today and they slipped right on! They're actually very comfortable, so I'm wearing them today just because I can now! :D :dance:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 18th, 2006, 5:20 am

Enjoy them while you can. They'll only fit for a few weeks :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 18th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Whooop!There it is! You go kmr!!! Love that NSV. :yay:

Like Serendipity said, love um now, but don't get too attached, cause those will be falling to you're knees very soon! :roflmao:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » October 19th, 2006, 12:38 pm

:puter: Between my fast metabolism (for now), exercise, and my low calorie intake, I'm glad that I'm losing the weight so fast! I know eventually my body will adjust to the low calorie intake and I will stop losing for a while until I shake things up. We all know how wonderfully intelligent the human body is and how it is able to adapt so elequently to different situations. BUT I've noticed over the past few days, like some other people on the M.F. program, that I'm not only losing weight, I'm losing hair!!! It's coming out more than just in the shower when I wash it like it usually does. I brush through it and my brush is full of hair! "Me no likey!" :x I KNOW this is not a healthy thing that is occuring, so I'm going to have to think about this for a while, evaluate the hair loss for a couple of more days, then make a decision. :?
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 19th, 2006, 2:22 pm

It's a normal part of any weight loss program. Your body has done alot of adjusting to your new eating habits and like any shock to your body, it can cause temporary hair loss. Our diet is also very low in fat and I would suppose that has something to do with it.

After I had been on MF for a few months, I had some hair loss. I started using Nioxin hair products and the hair loss stopped, but it may have stopped on it's own, so I can't give all the credit to Nioxin, but I'm not going to stop using it either.

I don't know about you, but I would have shaved my head if it meant losing the weight.....I sincerely mean that.
jo
Serendipity

Postby PJinCali » October 19th, 2006, 3:13 pm

I'm with you KMR. I have been on every other diet plan know to humankind and have never had hair loss like I am having now. I have been taking fish oil, primrose oil, biotin and using Nioxin and it is only getting worse. I had really thick hair back in April and now it is so thin I can't even keep a hair clip in it (the clip slids right out). Also, finding hair everywhere is really freaking me out. :scratch:

Jo, you are one strong woman. I admire woman that would have the guts to walk around bald. I admit that I can not do that. :dooh:

Good luck KMR, I am going to discuss this issue with my doctor so I can decide what I need to do to prevent all my hair from falling out. :question:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby kmr » October 19th, 2006, 4:02 pm

Jo- I give you all the credit in the world for such a great achievement you have accomplished. :trophy: I really mean that. I thank you for your input. Your right....a low fat diet can cause some hair loss, but abnormally large amounts of hair loss is NOT normal. And I have to agree with PJ when she says no other diet she's tried has ever caused such large amounts of hair loss because no other diet I have ever tried has caused me to have ANY hair loss. No matter what diet you're on......if you're getting the right nutrition there is no dietary reason to have large amounts of hair loss. I'm at a weight and size (10/12) now where I feel more comfortable with my body image and wouldn't mind if I stuck to a normal healthy diet that took longer to reach my goal weight now. I think when someone is at a weight where they just can't stand the way they look or the weight is interfering with activities of daily living then of course you're willing to do anything to get the weight off fast. That's how I felt at 218 lbs. But now I feel like I at least look "normal" and I feel much better physically, so I wouldn't mind if I continued to lose the weight slower by eating a healthy diet with lean protien, fruits, vegetables and healthy complex carbs in moderation. I thank M.F. for helping me to lose so much weight so fast, but I have definitely not reached the point of being willing to tolerate going bald in exchange for fast weight loss. If I do stop M.F. I have to be honest and say I will miss being part of this forum with all you GREAT people more than I will miss losing the fast weight loss.. I truly mean that. Like I said ......I'm going to think about it for a day or two.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 19th, 2006, 4:32 pm

PJinCali wrote:Jo, you are one strong woman. I admire woman that would have the guts to walk around bald. I admit that I can not do that. :dooh:

As you can see from my avatar, I didn't have to go bald. Yes, it thinned, but it was tolerable and it's coming back. I still think that it was kind of like when you're pregnant, the shock on your body makes you lose hair. It's not being malnourished. What I'm eating while on Medifast is much more nutritious than what I was eating before.

I do understand your concern, and it's true that I may have had more motivation because of the numbers, but really it was not that bad.
jo
Serendipity

Postby PJinCali » October 19th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Sorry KMR, I really am not trying to hijack your journal but I just have to ask Jo another hair related question. :pet:

Jo, how long had you been on the plan when you noticed your hair was thinning? How long before it started to grow back? I can see in all of your great photos you have a wonderful full head of hair now. :bow:

I never lost hair during my pregnancies. My hair got thicker and longer then it had ever been.

Thanks for the info,

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali

Postby Serendipity » October 19th, 2006, 6:25 pm

I started noticing hair loss at about the 6 month point. I probably started the Nioxin 3 months ago. It took awhile for the loss to stop, but my hair dresser tells me that she noticed alot of regrowth at my last appointment. That was only 2 weeks ago. My avatar picture was taken in early September. At that point I wasn't noticing any regrowth.....like I said, it really wasn't that bad.
jo
Serendipity

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal