Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » January 19th, 2008, 10:30 am

Sounds like ya need a little Tums or Pepto or MOM. Hope the tummy problems go away.

:cry:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KellyC » January 21st, 2008, 8:56 pm

For some reason I think red meat and dairy are giving me the tummy aches. When I stick to chicken, I feel much better. When I have the 6-0 I feel the best, but it is so hard!

Busy week this week, won't be around much until later in week. Hope everyone is keepin on. :D
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 21st, 2008, 9:00 pm

Good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you and wanted to see how you were feeling!
dede4wd

Postby queenielou » January 24th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Hey Kelly,

Hope your week is going well! Take care.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mavesse » January 24th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Hi Kelly...

Just a quick note to say "hi" and hope you're feeling OK. I read your post in another thread and it sounds like you have so much on your shoulders. Hang in there and keep us posted.

:wavie:
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby GucciGoo » January 25th, 2008, 9:26 am

If I didn't know better, I would guess you have IBS like me. My whole life is about avoiding dairy and red meat.
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » January 25th, 2008, 11:10 am

Hey Kelly, just poppin' over to say hi and that i'm thinking of you...hope you're finding out which foods won't give you those awful tummy aches. Hang in there girl:+)

Hope your week is flowing smoothly so far!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby KellyC » January 25th, 2008, 12:28 pm

(i won`t repost all of the details of yesterday, i started a thread in the weightloss forum )
Basically, yesterday, I went to the dr. because my heart had been pounding for 2 days and my heart rhythm was way out of whack.

I gave blood today and should have the results tomorrow when I see the doctor again. I saw the doctor this morning and have to go back again in a few minutes, they just check my pulse (which has stopped racing with the drugs) and blood pressure (which was and still remains normal) and heartbeat (which is still arrhythmic). Dr. says if I feel my heart pounding again or feel dizzy, I absolutely must go into hospital.

My chest feels weird still.. I don't even know how to explain it, other than to say I am just uncomfortable.

Dr. said yesterday in passing that he wants me to eat "normally".. but since he didn't give any further instructions, I continued with MF yesterday but I did have some whole grains with dinner.. we went out, Jer wanted to distract me.. I had chicken veggie wrap, made with wheat wraps, and broccolli soup. Not on plan, but not screamingly off plan either I guess.

Today I am on plan except for about 4 oz of orange juice I had when they took blood. On the best of days when I have blood drawn I get dizzy, but today I was already feeling sorta weird and I have been shaking since Wednesday, so the hemotologist made me drink it before she would let me leave.

My appetite is nil.. I was late by almost 2 hours to have my first meal today because I had to fast since last night for the blood test.. and by the time I was to take it and the medications, I still wasnt hungry. Usually if I haven`t eaten within 45 mins of waking up my stomach wont stop grumbling. Yesterday I had to force my supplements (and I had them within a little less than 2 hrs to make sure I got them all in before I had to start the fast). I don't know if the lack of hunger is from the medications, nervousness.. a little of both? Funny thing is, even though I wasn't hungry, I was still thinking of the fun things I could eat under the doctors orders to eat normally.. things like wheat bread.. and fruit! I was nearly drooling while thinking of having some honeydew melon.

Anyways, more later when I know more I guess.

Even though I don't have enough room in my head at the moment to read all y'alls journals.. I am thinking of you guys and hoping you are doing well.

Thanks for your concern and checking up on me.
Big big hugs,

K
KellyC

Postby lifelovinaries » January 25th, 2008, 3:01 pm

I know you received many responses but i wanted to add my 2 cents here. When it comes to MF, you already know that it is a VCLD. This can cause many changes in your body, including SHOCK :shock: . Not on this plan, but i have experienced the feelings you are feeling (dizziness, heart pounding, etc) lots of times, this is attributed to dehydration, once i hydrated myself, i was fine. Even though your case sounds a bit severe (and besides, i know you drink a lot of h20), it may be the severely reduced calories of the 6-0 or the variation in potassium and other levels that it may cause. Did you ever experience this on the 5-1?

Now on to your SIL, there is no reason for you to feel guilty for your feelings about her pregnancy. Nor should you blame yourself for her miscarriage. You may have projected negatie energy towards her but you, at the same time, allowed the negative energy to consume YOU. Keep in mind that YOU are doing what you are doing for your health and in hopes of becoming pregnant yourself. Focus on the positive things that you can do with/to your own body.

Family ~ it is their choice to ignore you. Just know that they are missing out on the wonderful person that you have become. You can't force them to change their minds, keep being you! Don't harbor bad feelings that you can't "get them back". Hopefully, in time, they will see and come around.

God ~ God always knows when we need Him most. I don't necessarily claim an organized religion but i am very spiritual. Maybe this is God's way of showing you a path to him. We all hate to call on him only when we seem to NEED Him, but it may be your time. We all need guidance of some sort and this could possibly be his way of telling you to look to Him.

I hope everything works out for you physically and remember, we are always here, not just for MF. Take care. :hug:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 25th, 2008, 11:49 pm

I hope you're feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

Just checking in...

I agree with everything Erica said, so Ditto...
dede4wd

Postby KellyC » January 26th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Thank you, all of you, for your words of encouragement. It has really meant alot to me.

I saw the doctor again today, and had my 4th EKG in 3 days.
The good news: the medication is working.
The bad news: the blood tests didn't show any reason for the Atrial Fibrillation (I finally remembered the name of the condition).

Cute Young Doctor (not his real name! but for the life of me I can never remember what his real name is, he's Paki and just says his name so fast) was very pleased with himself that the EKG was normal today, indicating that the medicine he prescribed is working. Cute Young Doctor (which I accidently called him to his face today :oops: ) is actually a resident, and I had the luck to be his first heart patient. We are becoming great friends, I have spent over 8 hours with him hooked up to various machines over the past few days.

Dr. Kassissia, my real doctor and Cute Young Doctor's supervisor, was also really happy that the meds are working. But, now I have to go to some place to have an Echo done, because they aren't coming up with a reason for the condition, and I have to go to a Cardiologist also. They say it is actually not stress related, which is good, because if I didn't have stress in my life.. I wouldn't actually recognize my life.

Other good news:

I tested negative for hyperthyroidism.
All minerals etc, were normal, except for slightly increased potassium.
My triglycerides and LDL cholesterol levels were normal, but my HDL (good cholesterols) were too low.

Urinalysis came back normal except for high level of some sort of acid, which can be a warning sign of gout. After talking more with the dr. it seems this actually is caused by medifast, because of the high levels of protein. It is apparently not something I have to worry about, but he gave me a list of veggies to avoid, and said to limit meats to less than 8oz per day (which we do anyways on MF), and to take Vit C tabs.

I'm less nervous, since both Dr.'s were so obviously happy that the meds are working.

I didn't lose anything this week, though on average my daily weigh-ins were less than last week.

Haven't exercised since Tuesday either, because of the increased heart rate, I didn't want to exercise and have my heart explode or something.

All around, I'm in a better mood, and much calmer, thanks in no small part to the words and gestures of encouragement from you guys. Thank you so much again.
:hug: :hug: :hug:
KellyC

Postby Mavesse » January 26th, 2008, 1:35 pm

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better :D
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » January 26th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Kelly :hug: I hope that all will be well. You have been under a lot of stress from what you've shared.....I hope it eases up soon.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » January 26th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Kelly, I am so happy to see that good news. Keep doing what the docs say and hopefully this will all be a memory soon.

Keep on your journey to finding your path to God and you just can't go wrong.

Blessings -- and remember I am available anytime.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby dede4wd » January 26th, 2008, 6:30 pm

So glad the tests came back good!

I'm so glad you're less worried. Hope the echo gives more info!
dede4wd

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal