Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby katieb920 » January 26th, 2008, 7:14 pm

So glad you are feeling better. And I wanted to say thank you for all of the support you have given to me.

Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » January 27th, 2008, 12:26 am

KellyC wrote:All minerals etc, were normal, except for slightly increased potassium.
My triglycerides and LDL cholesterol levels were normal, but my HDL (good cholesterols) were too low.

Urinalysis came back normal except for high level of some sort of acid, which can be a warning sign of gout. After talking more with the dr. it seems this actually is caused by medifast, because of the high levels of protein. It is apparently not something I have to worry about, but he gave me a list of veggies to avoid, and said to limit meats to less than 8oz per day (which we do anyways on MF), and to take Vit C tabs.

Awesome news Kelly.

Just a few notes from the HC: I find it interesting that th Dr. didn't think the elevated potassium could have affected the heart rate?

Low HDL's has been my issue for a while.... why? I am not a fan of green. My Dr. is always on my case to have more green greens. (I love tomatoes, squash and mushrooms). So... if you don't get in the lean, make sure you get in some greens.

More than likely, the acid that he said was probably Uric acid, which can be caused by high levels of some proteins. I would look into focusing on some of the whey based products temporarily. Some studies show whey based proteins can actually help reduce uric acid build up. Not proven, but something to contemplate.

Follow the Doctors orders and I am sure that whatever is causing this will be fixed soon.

Have a great Sunday.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 27th, 2008, 6:57 am

kelly, i am hoping that each day, you are feeling better physically and emotionally. My thoughts and prayers are with you! :hug:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby KellyC » January 29th, 2008, 7:27 pm

I am trying to catch up to everyone's journals, hopefully tomorrow. The drugs are making me tired. I am taking a 1.5-2 hour nap every day after work and still sleeping a full 8 hrs at night.

Day 23 on plan, compliant, lots of water.
Day 2 of the new compliance challenge, everything A-OK.

We hired a cleaning lady since Jeremy and I both hate cleaning more than anything on the planet. It's the same woman that does my MIL's house and my FIL's dental practice... she is amazing. I told Jeremy today that I want him to move out and I am marrying her instead. I love love love her! Coming home to a sparkling house was so wonderful. I don't care what I have to sacrifice to afford her -- she is worth every penny.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » January 29th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Awesome job Kelly. Hopeful the fatigue will stop soon after the body adjusts.

As for the cleaning lady, does she have a twin who happens to live near us and is just as good? :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby dede4wd » January 29th, 2008, 11:08 pm

Hi
SO glad you're feeling a little better and congrats on finding an awesome lady to help you around the house! YAY!
dede4wd

Postby rodeomom » January 30th, 2008, 7:34 am

Doesn't having a clean house just seem to clean up other areas in your life? Great idea to take care of yourself that way!

Congrats on a successful day 2 on the challenge! The water is my biggest issue right now. Blech!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby KellyC » January 30th, 2008, 9:39 am

As for the cleaning lady, does she have a twin who happens to live near us and is just as good?

lol.. I doubt it.. she just came here to Canada last year from Morocco. It is funny trying to speak with her in my limited french, or understanding her when she speaks with my very very poor Arabic comprehension.

Doesn't having a clean house just seem to clean up other areas in your life?

It really does!
KellyC

Postby KellyC » February 1st, 2008, 8:22 am

26 days (day 5/100 for contest) compliant, back in the 20#club. Not really excited about it to be honest.. I won't be until I get into the 50# club I think. I have such a long way to go.. 50# club will be 1/4 of the way, which is worth celebrating in my eyes.

TMI -- TOM doesn't seem to want to do it's thing.. very very light for few days.. I am retaining water like crazy too. Hopefully it will done by the end of the weekend and I will stop retaining. End TMI...

I decided that my goal gift to myself will be electrolysis.. no more going to get my eyebrows waxed, which I absolutely despise! I thought about getting electrolysis on my legs and underarms too, but truth is, I don't really mind shaving, it's such a habit, I just do it every time I shower and it takes no time really. Anyways, just one more thing to look forward to I guess.

My tummy is grumbling all morning, not sure what's up.. drinking lots of water to try and make it until my next shake.. not that there's anything here at work to cheat with.. lol.. I think there's some diet coke in the fridge though.. I might indulge in that.

Blizzard is coming, almost 20 inches they said. Sigh.
KellyC

Postby Tawanda » February 1st, 2008, 10:57 am

Hi Kelly! You sounds like you are doing well! I hope the medical problems are behind you now. It really won't be long before we're celebrating you joining the 50# club. You are focused and doing so well--I'm happy for you!

The cleaning woman sounds like a dream come true! :mrgreen: (yep, envious!)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby rodeomom » February 1st, 2008, 2:00 pm

Kelly - I can understand that you are waiting for the bigger club memberships, but you should be proud of yourself for hitting that 20 pounds. Jeeze - that is such a huge accomplishment especially with everything you have been going through recently. Think about it - that is 2 ten pound bags of potatos. GREAT JOB!!!

I wouldn't be overly concerned about TOM just yet, with all your medical stuff and the stress you have been through, it may have just gotten thrown off. Be careful though and don't let it go too long before you talk to a dr about it.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » February 1st, 2008, 9:41 pm

What Brenda said!

YAY! Welcome to the 20# club! A great accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself! I'm proud of you! LOOK what you've accomplished with everything else going on! Pat yourself on the back girl!

As for feeling like you shouldn't be excited about this because you have a long way to go...baby steps! You're laying the groundwork to be healthy FOR LIFE!

When I started, it seemed daunting, but it's one step at a time! You CAN get there and we'll be RIGHT HERE walking along side you, cheering you on every step of the way!

Cool about the hair removal? Do they do laser on the eyebrows? I've been having fun coming up with mini-goal rewards for myself, maybe I'll add that to my list!

Have a GREAT weekend and please take a minute to do a little celebration dance for reaching a new club!
dede4wd

Postby Mike » February 1st, 2008, 9:52 pm

Kelly, like these awesome ladies said... you are doing great and 20# is awesome. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby lifelovinaries » February 2nd, 2008, 11:08 am

NOT EXCITED??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :shock: :shock: Girl, you are 20lbs closer to goal. PERIOD. Each pound that disappears moves you along. Keep it going. You are doing just fine. You have had a lot going on recently. Sometimes we have to FIND the silver lining in the cloud. For you, that silver lining can be that you have dropped 20#. :)

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby katieb920 » February 4th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Hey did you get all that snow. Matthew is dying for even 4 inches. We have used up all of our snow days though :cry: So if he has any more snow days, it gets tacked on at the end of the school year.
Katie
katieb920

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal