Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » January 9th, 2008, 3:32 am

Congrats on 2 days. Let's hope three is a better one and your headache goes away! Sorry to say that I never got over needing to go to the bathroom every two hours or so during the night. Maybe I could have if I had stopped drinking water a few hours before-but water worked so well at keeping me full that I drank it all the time, 100 oz a day.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 9th, 2008, 6:03 am

Hi Kelly,

Congrats on day 2. I am on the 6/0 and absolutly love it. My doctor is watching though. The reason I love it so much is because You do not even think about eating at all. I know that is going to be a schock :shock: But it is true. And the great thing is, if you are going somewhere or you really want to eat you have the option of doing the lean grean, and you appreciate it that much more.

Good luck
Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » January 9th, 2008, 8:32 am

Kelly, glad you are back on program and back to posting!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby KellyC » January 9th, 2008, 8:46 am

Up again last night, I think it was a total of 4 times, though one of those times I didn't wake up because I had to go bathroom, I woke because the cats were doing some sort of grand tour steeplechase through the house and it included running across the middle of the bed. Jer and I both have claw scratches on our tummies from it.

Had soup like 45 mins before I went to bed, and 500ml water. Probably stupid to have so much liquid before bed, but it keeps me full.

So I guess according to Ms. Ovaries and Biks, I have a 50/50 chance of getting over this getting up in the night to go pee.. lol..

Katie, I am surprised to hear that you love the 6/0.. I am nervous to try it, but I hope after a day or 2 I won't even notice the change. The worst part of going 6/0 is Shabbat, it is really hard to not have supper with the family. Guess that Fridays I will have to have a talk with my MIL about setting aside undressed veggies and unsauced meats for me.

One thing I discovered last time on MF, I LOVE ice.. I've got a real thing for temperature and texture of food, it matters more than taste actually. Well, I bought this thing from Pampered Chef that shaves ice.. I used it so much this summer it broke, and I bought an electric one to replace it. I used the electric thing like twice and it was in a cabinet ever since, until last night... I froze some apple white tea flavored OTG in ice cube trays and when frozen put them through the electric ice shaver.. Ice cream it was not, but it really wasn't a bad substitute.

Tawanda! You are so close to goal.. wow!! So proud of you!!!
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby KellyC » January 10th, 2008, 8:23 am

Start of day 4.
Still have a slight headache, but otherwise, I've been doing ok for the first 3 days back on program.

Compliant, except that I haven't been measuring L&G, but if anything, I'm under on the lean and over on the green, so not too concerned about it.
Oh, and I had some Tums yesterday too, which I doubt are acceptable, I think there is sugar in them. Whatever, it was worth it, I had a really nervous stomach that went away with the Tums.

I think I'm going to call my doctor and go ahead with the 6-0. There is no way to cheat on it like there is with the L&G, no extra teaspoon of salad dressing to worry about, etc. I decided this last night. It came with a sense of relief but also, I felt pathetic. I can't even be trusted with a strict set of rules for a "real" meal. I couldn't follow a diet of healthy, good food and now I am stuck drinking my meals from little premeasured boxes and packages. Whoa, I need to stop this now, this is a downhill train of thought.

On a positive note, I am biking every day, not alot, I don't even know how long it is or how far I am going, I set the computer on the bike to calories burned and I go for 101 calories a day. For some reason I like this number. Next week I'll bump it up to 120 or so. I like the biking. It is not so much that I feel bad when I'm done, it is just enough to feel it in my legs and butt. And I like to build up a little sweat, I feel like I am flushing out the toxins from all the garbage I have been eating for the past 15 years.

I think there is a steam room in our condo building actually. I'll have to check it out. The jacuzzi and indoor pool were both closed for renovations when we moved in, and they just opened them up again a few weeks ago. I'll check it out this weekend, if there is a steam room, then maybe having a nice steam with Jeremy after work will be nice.

Still getting down a gallon plus of water a day.. I am literally in the bathroom all day long, but it is worth it.. I feel alot better than I did before. I have a 1 litre bottle of water with me I keep filling up all day, and even with the gallon + I still wake thirsty in the night.. I think I go through water withdrawls after an hour or so.
KellyC

Postby KellyC » January 11th, 2008, 1:32 pm

1 gallon + 1 litre yesterday, I am awesome.

Up to 110 cals on the bike too, I think this weekend I will try to get to 200, maybe in 2 different spurts in the same day.

Not sure what I lost this week, as I didn't weigh on Monday morning before I started, I was going to try to stay away from the scale completely, since last time I did MF I got frustrated by numbers going up even .1 lb and would get that whole attitude of wtf does it matter, I'm not losing anyways!
Well, the draw of the scale was too much.. I am trying to control it though, I really just want to weigh once a week.

Weekend is coming up, will be 1 hurdle after the other.. Shabbat tonight, I have to fight off my mother in law with a stick or she will make me eat .. I think I may tell her I'm not feeling well and don't want to eat because of that, it will be easier.
KellyC

Postby KeleeGrl » January 11th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Hi Kelly...way to go with the exercise and water. I know you've probably already been asked this, but what is shabbat, if you don't mind me asking. :roll:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » January 11th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Shabbat is the Jewish Sabbath. Celebrated from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 11th, 2008, 2:02 pm

KellyC wrote: I got frustrated by numbers going up even .1 lb and would get that whole attitude of wtf does it matter, I'm not losing anyways!

i'm with you on that one. My old scale weighed in increments of .5lbs my new one is increments of .1lbs. After MF THIS time around, i am starting to think that scales that weigh in .5lb increments are JUST FINE. :lol: I guess i was able to fluctuate a little in between and never know the difference. Now, if i drink a drop of water, i know it! :roll: Good luck at Shabbat.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KellyC » January 12th, 2008, 11:22 am

Shabbat is as Robin described. We have a family meal (me and Jeremy, my mother IL, father IL, sister IL, 2 brothers in law, and my nephew.. usually a few cousins as well and sometimes a couple friends). It's a big meal, MIL will make 4-5 salads, smoked salmon, some sort of meat or chicken, and potatoes or rice. Plus of course there is challah bread, wine, and baguettes, we go through 4 or 5 baguettes just on a Friday night. Then there's dessert, usually a selection of mini cakes and tarts from the French bakery and sorbet. It's like American Thanksgiving, but every week.

This week, we were late and actually missed the prayer and meal. Jeremy was late from work and I fell asleep on the sofa. We went anyways because it was Jeremy's father's birthday, and we wanted to be there to sing and plus I had made creme brule and a scrabble board out of white chocolate and scrabble tiles that spelled out Bon Anniversaire Jacky on it (that was fun and it turned out great.. it was nice to try making a decoration out of something besides buttercream icing and fondant).

Anyways, it turned out for the best, I had some left over beef roti and cherry tomatoes for my L&G, and managed to stay totally on plan for the day. :)
Now the next hurdle, staying on plan for the weekend. Which is especially tough.. all I want to do is curl up with some hot chocolate or chai tea and a big bowl of popcorn and watch a movie and try to stay warm.
KellyC

Postby Tawanda » January 12th, 2008, 12:14 pm

You sound like a wonderful baker and cook. Is it possible that you could make up a dish (or two) that would be MF L & G legal and bring it along to the Sabbat? It sounds like your MIL is an understanding and supportive person so maybe she wouldn't mind that you provided a couple items that are MF friendly?
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby KellyC » January 13th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Maybe I will start doing that.. just chicken salad or soemthing simple.. or even have my L&G at lunch and just have a shake and visit while everyone else is having thier supper.

144cals on the bike today. It felt good.

Also, was thirsty a few mins ago, and actually chose to have water instead of a diet pepsi. This is a sort of breakthrough for me, lol..

A good weekend. A good COMPLIANT weekend. I'm happy.
KellyC

Postby bikipatra » January 13th, 2008, 4:59 pm

I am so glad you had a good weekend! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Re: Kelly C

Postby siglamb962 » January 13th, 2008, 8:03 pm

KellyC wrote:I am embarrassed to death about what I have become. But I think that if I don't put it all out there, I will just continue to bury it inside, and I will never make the changes for myself that are necessary. So, here we go.

Start: Monday, April 23, 2007.
Weight: 406.3lbs (holy cow)
Height: 6 feet, 2.5 inches

Measurements:
64.75 inch bust
62.5 inch waist
69 inch hips
35.5 inch upper thigh
24.5 inch calf
21 inch upper arm

Goal 1: 300
Goal 2: 200
Goal 3: 173 (and/or size 6-8 ).

Day 1: was hard as hell. Headaches, was super hungry and REALLY cranky. Drank 64oz water (maybe a little more) and 5 MF meals, had cottage cheese and salad for L&G.

Day 2: A little easier. Headache still, not so hungry, much less cranky. Drank 96oz water, had 5 MF meals, cottage cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers for L&G.

Day 3 (Today): I feel amazing. Chai Latte for breakfast, bar for next meal, chix soup, and 32oz water so far. I kept thinking if I could just get to Thursday, past that 3 day mark everyone kept talking about, I would be OK. Turns out, it didn't even take that long, as I feel great today. Small headache still, but I think that might be from no caffiene.

I can't believe I let myself get to 400lbs and pants size 30/32. I am embarrassed beyond belief. My cycles have been screwed up for years, I kept telling myself it was "stress". Stress might have been a small factor, but I'm sure it's the double body weight that really caused it.

I am an emotional eater. It began when I was a child, I would sneak handfuls of chips and crackers and cheese.. hiding in my room to eat.. it always made me feel better. As I got older, those handfuls turned into BAGS.

I have wanted babies since I was a kid. I was that child who carried around a babydoll, fed it, changed it and pushed it in a little stroller every day. When I grew out of the babydoll age, around 9 years old, my baby brother was born. So I had a real life babydoll to care for. I think I changed more diapers than my mom and dad did! When I was 12, I started babysitting, and that has continued to now. My 1st nephew was born August, 2006, so that has kept my baby cravings to a minimum.

But, as much as I want babies, I cannot have one now. For alot of reasons, financial (hubby has 1 more year university), my weight is screwing up my menses so badly that I don't think I am ovulating at all, and even if I could conceive, there is no way that I could physically care for a baby 24 hours a day!

So there it is, my main reason for wanting to FINALLY lose all this weight.
I think, after over 10 years of gaining weight, I have come to terms with the things that used to make me overeat, so I am ready to make the changes necessary to feel like ME again.

I wanted to tell you that you need way more water. I started the program at 360, not far off from where you are. You need to divide your body weight by 2 and use that as a guideline for water intake. That is the best way to ensure good weight loss.

Also, have you seen a doctor about your cycles? Perhaps you have PCOS. There are some medications that will help, and many aid medifast in the weight loss arena. I suffer from PCOS, so I know firsthand.

We are all here for you! You are going to do great and we are going to support you. You can do it!!!!!!!!

I am trying to drop another 180 pounds, and then will start TTC again. I have two kids, and sometimes it is damn hard to keep up with them (they are 6 and almost 2).

Let's do it girl!
I am worth it!!!!!
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby KellyC » January 13th, 2008, 9:43 pm

I have no idea about the PCOS. It was suggested to me a while ago by a friend, but I never went to get tested. For now, I don't even want to know. I know that if I find out for sure I have something besides my weight that will stop us from conceiving, I will hit a downward spiral. So, for now, I will just continue to hope that it is just my weight that is throwing my cycles out of whack.

I am hoping we will start TTC around the end of 2008. By this time, my immigration to Canada should be complete, and it gives me enough time to get down to a healthy weight. This is the prize I keep reminding myself of whenever I am tempted to cheat. I just remember that I want kids, and besides that, I want my kids to know my Grandmother.
KellyC

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal