Katesmom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby katesmom » August 31st, 2007, 3:04 am

Well it's Friday and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend...The first week of work has gone by quickly and it's been busy...I have been compliant and the scale doesn't seem to want to move...Perhaps it is from my TOM this week...I will not worry about it now, as roll call isn't until Sunday...

There is something to be said about routines...My Medifast plan is so much easier at work...Actually the time goes by because I'm so busy and then I look at the clock and it's time for another shake... I have to get more water in today...Felt a little dehydrtated yesterday...

Can't wait to work with "Brenda" today...We'll see how her attitude is...I'll keep mine positive. She needs me to train her on a computer program for the meetings we have together....It should be interesting...
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 31st, 2007, 3:08 am

Pam, sounds like you are doing well both on plan and at work.
Have another great day!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 31st, 2007, 3:27 am

katesmom wrote:Can't wait to work with "Brenda" today...We'll see how her attitude is...I'll keep mine positive. She needs me to train her on a computer program for the meetings we have together....It should be interesting...

Oh, gosh! I hope that goes well. Maybe you two will kind of grow closer or at least maybe you will feel more normal around her.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mickeyz » August 31st, 2007, 8:21 am

Maybe Brenda was just nervous about being in a new place and meeting new people. I know that sometimes when I am in a situation like that I sort of fog over. I can meet someone and an hour later hardly remember. I'm sure she has a lot to learn from you.

One of the really great things about this weight loss is being able to buy cute clothes and not have to dress like someone much older. I have lost 9" in my waist, so I know what you mean about the tummy thing. I used to wear a body shaper EVERYWHERE, now I threw them out! I still have some muffin top, but I'm working on it. I looked at my before picture in studio this morning and was actually shocked. :shock:
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby holberry » August 31st, 2007, 8:25 am

Hey, enjoy your 4 day weekend :D
eat well, have fun, and drink up :water:

hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aquarianskye » August 31st, 2007, 11:01 am

Hi KM! Glad to hear work was such and easy transition for you! I actually found it much easier to mf when I worked. Too much temptation when I had the kitchen at my disposal. I have since learned to keep the crap out of the kitchen. No temptation in the house makes it harder to 'cheat'.
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby katesmom » August 31st, 2007, 12:09 pm

Thanks Hols and Aquarianskye !

Decided to write- earlier before I drive home... I am really tired, from my first week back to work and just want to go home and sleep ! I will write more about today -in tommorows journal... Yes Aq -Skye it is much easier to do MF at work... I have to remind myself to have a shake !

Here's to a great LONG weekend....

More later...
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby bikipatra » August 31st, 2007, 12:22 pm

Mickeyz wrote:. I used to wear a body shaper EVERYWHERE, now I threw them out! I still have some muffin top, but I'm working on it. I looked at my before picture in studio this morning and was actually shocked. :shock:

I hardly ever wear my Higher Power Spanx anymore but do wear a control camisole under snug knit tops so I don't have a muffin top or bra overhang.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby katesmom » August 31st, 2007, 5:05 pm

Well, it's Friday night and I'm tired, tired and more tired...

I have two things to talk about:

1) THE DONUT

2) THE FLAT TIRE

Topic # 1:

The first topic called The Donut is about a boy at my school....Today as I was walking into my office from a meeting and a 6 year old boy (former student from last year) stood in my office with his mother...I greeted them both and then he held out a bag from Dunkin Donuts and said,"I brought this for you!"...I looked in the bag and there it was...A boston creme donut...my absolute favorite and worst trigger food in the world ! He looked at me with his eyes gleaming and said, "Please taste it ! " I brought you my favorite kind of donut". I looked at his mother and she was beaming and proud that her son had brought this treat for ME ! I thought for a moment...Gee, how can I politely get out of this without hurting his feelings...I said, "Thank you- I think I'll have it later"His eyes drooped and he started to cry...Please he said, "Just one taste before I move to California"...I didn't know he was moving ! I looked at his mother again as if to say, You're moving? So....I opened the bag and took out the donut...took a big bite, and said "Thank you"... I am not sorry that I did this....The reward? A smile from this boy as wide as the universe...His mother explained that the moving van had been packed and that they were ready to leave, but he had to come and say goodbye...
I will deal with three days of getting back into compliance---for the love of a little boy named Christain...

Topic # 2- The Flat Tire...I was driving home tonight after a very long week at work, tired and feeling a bit discouraged about the donut thing...I was 1/3 into my drive and then I heard it, "bump" "bump" "bump"...I pulled over, looked at my tires and sure enough, I had a flat...This is now at 5:00 and there is tons of labor day traffic...I called Triple AAA and told them my dilemma...They said they'd be there in 2 hours...I almost lost my mind...So, thinking quickly, I said I need you to come as soon as you can as I have to get my daughter from day care by 6:00...They said they couldn't guarantee it but would try to come as soon as they could...Do you know what? Twenty minutes later, a guy pulled up in his car (from triple AAA) and changed my tire in less than 3 minutes...What a gift !

So, today I had challenges...But I received two gifts...One from the love of a little boy, and two from the help of a caring triple AAA worker who also has kids...

Tommorow is a new day and I'll just keep doing my plan and be thankful for this day...

Goodnight ! :yawn:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby BabyTrace » August 31st, 2007, 5:36 pm

Pam, what a lovely post!

The best part is you did not let the donut or the flat tire derail your plans. It would have been so easy to resolve to eating off plan all day since you already had a bite of donut. The spare tire also could have launched you into stress eating. But no, you chose to see the positive aspects in both situations and headed on down your path to a healthier you.

Read the quote in my signature. You are dancing!

Sleep tight! :snooze:
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » September 1st, 2007, 11:27 pm

Hola, Pam!
I'm just trying to catch up on all the newbies' journals...y'all write a lot! I think it's great! It's getting late, and Tracy and Linda's journals were long (!), so I haven't had a chance to read all of your journal, but I wanted to introduce myself (I've been gone for a bit). I liked your suggestion of a group photo in my journal! Thanks. :D

Oh, and I hope that you know I was totally messing with you in Biki's journal...about the clavicles? It's just that I really think clavs look cool and sexy and I'm generally the first one to point out the neckbones, so when you said something to Biki about them, I had to claim ownership. :roll: See, I'm the resident smartass of these boards, but you don't know me from Adam, so you prolly thought that I was just some mean heifer going off. Well, I've been accused of that, too... ;)

Anyhoo.......

School psych, huh? I'm currently majoring in psych, and just gearing up to start the new semester on Wed. How's your new school year going?

Well, I just wanted to say hi ~ talk to you soon!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby katesmom » September 2nd, 2007, 5:14 am

Thanks SoJo for writing...I'll be PM'ing you soon !
Anyway...Lost 1.7 pounds which puts me the 10# club and I feel like it is what I needed to see mentally...I realize that it might (?) have been more but I did go through a rough TOM this past week...Glada that it's ending and perhaps this next week the loss will be greater...

Look forward to watching my daughter march in the Labor Day Parade with her brownie troop tommorow...
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Hopebaby » September 2nd, 2007, 5:49 am

Good morning Pam! Congratulations on your weight loss this week and welcome to the 10 Pound Club!!!!!! Yay for Pam!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby katesmom » September 2nd, 2007, 5:58 am

Thank you Linda !
I am more motivated than ever and now feel like I can "do this"and even be more successful !

Here's to a great week !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Hopebaby » September 2nd, 2007, 6:08 am

Yes, it is so much more fun when the scales cooperate! Have a good week and be a loser!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal