Katesmom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby katesmom » August 26th, 2007, 4:31 pm

Thanks Trace and Lisa...
I am looking forward to a full day at work tommorow...

A new school year means a whole new me !!!

Have a great night !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2007, 1:38 am

Congrats on your loss this week Pam! Have a great first day of school!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katesmom » August 27th, 2007, 3:05 am

Elizabeth Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats on your loss this week Pam! Have a great first day of school!

Thanks Elizabeth !
I am in meetings right from the start...They have a staff breakfast, which I'll skip and just try and settle in to the new day...

Looking forward to it, and have a little anxiety actually- not sure why...Yes, I do know why...Wondering again what people will think when they see I haven't lost a chunk of weight all summer...Once I get through this week and have seen everyone, I'll be better...

I think !!
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby holberry » August 27th, 2007, 7:26 am

hi and good morning!
Have a great 1st day back.

Do you have one busy school or do you have to spread yourself thin amoung many schools?
You will do fine, just fine this week :D
Remember to pack lots of supplements, lots of water. Also boullion was my friend the 1st few months.

See you at the end of the day!
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katesmom » August 28th, 2007, 3:55 am

Thanks Hol !

I had a very busy day back at work and it was easier to get my shakes in on itime and the day just flew by ...Today I am not feeling that well...Haven't had a TOM since May and I think I may get it today ! Cramps, headache, bloating, etc. have arrived...By the way, does anyone know if once you're on Medifast, that it can alter your TOM??? just wondered...I am also back to work and mentally that is good for me.

My DH had injured his arm in early July, needed surgery, and couldn't do much around the house...I think mentally and emotionally it took a toll on me, because he couldn't really help me .

Anyway, I have to say Toodles for now, as my daughter starts 3rd grade today and is very excirted !!
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Serendipity » August 28th, 2007, 4:23 am

How thoughtless of hubby to injure his arm! :mrgreen:

I didn't have any TOM problems while on MF, but there are people here who have. I'm pretty sure it's temporary, though, so don't worry.

I'm 51 and haven't had any meno symptoms, yet, but my PMS has always been so bad that I could crawl in a hole for a week or two each month.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DonnaS » August 28th, 2007, 6:58 am

Good morning Pam! I hope your first day back was a good one and congratulations on the 8.3 lb. loss.

Donna
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katesmom » August 28th, 2007, 6:49 pm

Good Evening Jo, Donna, and Medi friends ...

Day 2 of work went well...Lots to do and not a lot of time to think about food ! I had my shakes every three hours which was okay as sometimes I was in the middle of a meeting when a shake was due ...

I feel good...TOM did arrive but I even feel so much better tonight...Hopefully the scale will show a nice loss on Sunday's roll call...or maybe it will still be holding on due to TOM...

Anyway, sure do miss posting messages throughout the day, but will have to stop by in the early morning or evening...

As Jo would say, My intelligent self says it's time to go to bed !

:snooze:
More tommorow !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby BabyTrace » August 29th, 2007, 7:03 am

Hi Pam

Stopping by to say I'm happy to hear you are having a good week back at work. Good job on the shakes! Stick with it and you will definitely be rewarded.

Hope you have a great day!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katesmom » August 29th, 2007, 2:23 pm

Hi Tracy !
Thanks for the sweet encouragement...Work is going very well, and the busier the better...I am actually doing 6-0 today to hopefully shed this TOM excess bloat !! It has been easier today since I didn't feel that great and only felt having shakes....Even after those I feel like I had a turkey dinner! It has been so hot here, that I was just really uncomfortable today...

More Later !

:D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby katesmom » August 30th, 2007, 3:43 am

Good Morning...Have a few minutes to say hi then I'm off to the shower and work.

I decided to write about the "overhang" -AKA overly large tummy ! I am so tired of wearing Granny- elastic waist- suck it all in-no Victoria's Secret underwear !! I'm sure many of you, probably not all know what I mean...I am feeling better each day in losing weight- but can't wait until I can tuck a shirt into a pair of non-elastic waist pants and look good !

Anyone ever have a person look at you but they are really looking at your stomach? It is VERY uncomfortable and annoying...I just started working with a woman who is new at work, but not new in teaching...She looked at me yesterday like I was nothing....Funny thing is, she needs me because she doesn't know how to do a particular part of her job at work...
So I said to myself...This is JUST (not the only ) reason to stay compliant and knock her socks off as the weight falls off...Let's just call her Brenda (not her real name) I will occasionally post about Brenda in my journal and see how or if her perception of me changes over the school year.
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Serendipity » August 30th, 2007, 4:16 am

I feel ya on the stomach issues. I was all stomach.....at least in the front and side view. The butt was very competitive, though.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Hopebaby » August 30th, 2007, 4:17 am

Pam, only 2 people in my office know I am working on losing weight. One is my problem co-worker and the other is the woman who started medifast because of me. I keep thinking that when I really start losing people will notice but for now, no one has noticed a thing. Part of that is the fault of the clothes I have been wearing the past few years. Because of the pain of too-tight waistbands I started buying Chico's stretch slacks. They are really comfy but not that attractive on me and they hide everything. Now that I have lost 3 inches from my waist no one can see it! LOL. It will be a while but one of these days... I will wear some fitted slacks with a blouse tucked in and they will all be shocked I have a waist!

Hang in there. Just consider Brenda one of those insecure people who must try to put others beneath her (for whatever reason) so she can feel better about herself.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 30th, 2007, 4:45 am

Serendipity wrote:I feel ya on the stomach issues. I was all stomach.....at least in the front and side view. The butt was very competitive, though.

My stomach is still relatively large but my chest is so much larger it gives me an hourglass shape.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katesmom » August 30th, 2007, 9:53 am

Hi ...
I decided to check-in on my lunch break and thanks for writing Jo, Linda And Biki...
I appreciate your responses to my posting this morning...I actually saw "Brenda" and decided to kill her with kindness...She said,"Where is YOUR office"??? I said it is right next to the principal... She looked stunned for some reason and seemed to back down a bit...I don't reallly think that she recalls meeting me !!! She said, "Oh...and what do you do again?" I chuckled silently to myself and told her I was the School Psychologist and that I work very closely with the administrators, especially in running meetings... She seemed a bit intimidated actually and then told me that SHE would need ME to help her !!!!!

Go figure !!

Anyway, Thanks Linda for the pants tip...I guess I just have to be patient...Biki, your hourglass figure sounds like a goal I'd like to have one day !

Have to go now.. More later...
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal