jskm

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby jskm » December 4th, 2007, 10:00 pm

Well, I ordered eggs to cook with. Then I ran out of oatmeal. I just thought those eggs looked yucky. But tonight I needed some variety and I felt brave. So I tried them, but I remembered Mike's warning on another thread to "NEVER cook them in the microwave." So I used the stove, and you know what, they were pretty good! Yay, I have another food to eat!!

Then again, I'm one of those people that liked the eggs in basic training...so that probably says a whole lot about my palate when it comes to eggs in general. :lol:
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2007, 4:39 am

Congrats on your culinary success. :) just wasn't able to handle them after the time I did them in a cast iron skillet and for some reason they developed a bright green streak.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby iammissruth » December 5th, 2007, 6:25 am

bikipatra wrote:for some reason they developed a bright green streak.

Ah? GROSS?! :lol:
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » December 5th, 2007, 8:16 am

I am incredibly spoiled when it comes to eggs since we get ours out of the chicken coop in the barn. Nothing can even come close to the taste of an egg that was just laid the night before. Even grocery store eggs turn my stomach. I tried the MF eggs, but it didn't go so well. The only way any of us can eat them is to make a veggie omelet out of them. I still don't like them that way, but Deanna LOVES them with onions, bell peppers, broccoli and tomato. Since she is on the Teen plan she is allowed more veggies and stuff than we are.

ANYWAY - from the looks of your journal it appears that you are doing better emotionally - I am glad for that. Keep up the good work on MF cuz - you know you are worth IT!!

Thanks for the PM and the prayers regarding my situation. I needed that this morning!

Blessings
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby iammissruth » December 5th, 2007, 9:24 am

Green eggs and ham, anyone? :lol:
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » December 5th, 2007, 1:53 pm

iammissruth wrote:

Green eggs and ham, anyone? :lol:

Funny you mention that. We have a breed of chicken that actually lays green shelled eggs (like the brown ones only green). Some are kinda blue, turquoise, pink and peach too. Makes things very easy at Easter.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 6th, 2007, 9:32 am

bikipatra wrote:Congrats on your culinary success. :) just wasn't able to handle them after the time I did them in a cast iron skillet and for some reason they developed a bright green streak.

Ewwwwwwwww - LOL. And I like the eggs but, to be honest, I like egg beaters better and I can have more of them. But I do eat the eggs on occasion and I'm so thrilled they didn't turn green.

I'm certain I couldn't eat them 'farm fresh' though. I guess its all what you're used to but I dislike seeing my food 'that close' to nature, ya know? I'm not a big fan of Morton's even - I don't like picking out my raw food or even the live lobster I want. Its so much about presentation to me - I can't eat buffetts either.....makes me wonder how I gained so much weigt with all of these weird food hang ups I have. :-)
Out*With*The*Old

Postby lifelovinaries » December 6th, 2007, 3:58 pm

owto, i'm with you on the "food that close to nature" thing. I don't want to think of my eggs as having just come out of a chicken's a$$, i want to think of them as having just come out of a carton. They probably taste extremely fresh but i don't know if i could pick them out of the coop then crack them in my pan. RM, what kind of chicken is that...the one that lays easter eggs? :lol: Do you eat the eggs? Same taste i assume? A friend's coworker had some kind of peach colored prize chick that got eaten by a fox. I have no idea what color it's eggs woulda been.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 6th, 2007, 4:15 pm

lifelovinaries wrote: don't want to think of my eggs as having just come out of a chicken's a$$

:roflmao: Gosh, if they come outta the chicken's a$$ then I don't want them even from the carton :roflmao: Now THAT is a visual!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby lifelovinaries » December 6th, 2007, 4:46 pm

Out*With*The*Old wrote:
lifelovinaries wrote: don't want to think of my eggs as having just come out of a chicken's a$$

:roflmao: Gosh, if they come outta the chicken's a$$ then I don't want them even from the carton :roflmao: Now THAT is a visual!

you know what i mean. think about it, if you were WATCHING a chicken lay an egg, you know it's not the a$$ but, i'm sure they are in such close proximity, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference!!!

Hey jskm...i bet you never thought there would be a chicken booty convo going on in your journal!! You just wanted to talk about the MF eggs which probably have nothing to do with REAL chickens.

lifelovinaries

Postby jskm » December 6th, 2007, 4:59 pm

It's all good. :D

Carry on.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 6th, 2007, 5:31 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:
Out*With*The*Old wrote:

you know what i mean. think about it, if you were WATCHING a chicken lay an egg, you know it's not the a$$ but, i'm sure they are in such close proximity, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference!!!

:roflmao: I guess I never thought to watch a chicken layin' an egg :roflmao: But now that you mention it, I'm not sure why it's OK for it to come where it comes from and that makes it edible as opposed to the other end - ya know? I mean, what's the difference? Its in the shell anyway.....now if I REALLY think about it, I'm eating an embryo, right? Awwwww, see, this is why I can't get that close to my food! LOL
Out*With*The*Old

Postby lifelovinaries » December 6th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Its in the shell anyway.....now if I REALLY think about it, I'm eating an embryo, right?

Well, better the thought of eating a chicken embryo as opposed to a sack of poop! BTW, are eggs WASHED first? No silly, you are not eating an embryo, it has not been fertilized, UNLESS you get one with that little red dot in it (we all know what that is), THEN it was an embryo. So it makes picking out a live lobster all the better...BON APPETITE! better stick to tofu (plant based) and cottage cheese...but oh yeah, cheese=milk=cow's teets!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

lifelovinaries

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 6th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Well, DOH!, I know I'm not REALLY eating an embryo - but half of one - it was more a statement than a question - just a place where my brain goes.....and I haven't had lobster in a few years....since I was in St. Lucia at a street fair where the locals cooked up sea food and sold it on the street and the guy I was with ate one....eyes looking at him and all - and I kept asking what the green sauce was. Let's just say it WAS NOT sauce! I have food issues all right - lol. It's really surprising that I eat meat at all :-)

:wave: Waving to JSKM!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Mike » December 6th, 2007, 9:03 pm

I think ya'll are crazy... lol. How lucky we all are to have such great comic relief. :lol:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal