jskm

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » November 19th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Serendipity wrote:Please don't minimize the importance of being a parent.

Absolutely. Coming from a middle school teacher, its totally apparent which kids have a "good" home situation and who doesn't. In my opinion, its more important to be there for the kids when they are younger rather than trying to implement structure later.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jskm » November 19th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Thank you both. It's nice to hear. That's not always the message we get from society as a whole.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Charity » November 20th, 2007, 12:03 am

I love Dr. Laura! You should check out her book on parenting at the library and read a few pages. I really enjoyed it and it might give you a new perspective.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Postby iammissruth » November 20th, 2007, 9:26 am

Brooke,
I have to totallay agree with everyone else. I am quite envious of you. I work full time and have since 5 weeks postpartum. I think it actually made my ppd/a worse then it had to be. I love our daycare gals, but I HATE the fact that she is with THEM all day instead of me. Think being a SAHM mom is a privelege. The workfoce is hard on parents. And having insensitive coworkers and bosses makes it even worse. You are so lucky and blessed to be at home everyday with Jack. And seeing him grow up and be well adjusted is worth so much more than being a working mom for a pay check. Take it from me.
Thank you again for sending me those recipes. I'm gonna make dh order Office, but I can't make him remember. :x
BTW, I think Steffie is going to join the MF family.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » November 20th, 2007, 9:48 am

iammissruth wrote:BTW, I think Steffie is going to join the MF family.

Is she going to join us over here at MMT?
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby jskm » November 20th, 2007, 9:49 am

Charity wrote:I love Dr. Laura! You should check out her book on parenting at the library and read a few pages. I really enjoyed it and it might give you a new perspective.

I need a good read, I think I'll get it. Thanks for the recommendation, maybe it will give me a new outlook.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby iammissruth » November 20th, 2007, 10:05 am

jskm wrote:
iammissruth wrote:BTW, I think Steffie is going to join the MF family.

Is she going to join us over here at MMT?

mmhhmmm... I emailed her ALL the MMT information, and the TSFL info. She said that I wasn't "clickable" on bbc, so I sent her an email about an hour ago. I am so excited for her. My new order comes in tomorrow and I will be able to make some defragged recipes. Oh, I should forward her all those recipes so that she also has them. She has a lot going on right now, but she should read it and decide when she's ready.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » November 20th, 2007, 10:18 am

I was clicky, I wonder why she wouldn't just email me?

Speaking of new orders, my order isn't getting here until NEXT MONDAY!!!

HOLY (@&^*&^(#*^$ I am running OUT of food--I mean, like on Wednesday!

I had to resort to the black market one last time (sorry Mike! I promise it's the last time!)
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby iammissruth » November 20th, 2007, 10:36 am

Oh, I don't know why she wouldn't just email you. I know that we have be in a team challenge together for the last 2 months or so. Maybe that's why.. I dunno. It doesn't matter. She has decided to join us on the journey. Thats all that matters. :mrgreen:
How do I become clickable?
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » November 20th, 2007, 11:28 am

iammissruth wrote:How do I become clickable?

Go to BBC, Click the "My Community" Bar, Go down to "My Preferences", Scroll down to "Member to Member Email", Check the "Yes" box and then click "Update" (If you don't already have it set up then you may have to enter an email address, I don't know if it automatically uses the one you have on file with your BBC registration)

To make sure it took, go back into to BBC again and go through all the steps, scroll down to Member to Member Email and make sure that your Yes box is already checked.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby Serendipity » November 20th, 2007, 11:44 am

jskm wrote:
Charity wrote:I love Dr. Laura! You should check out her book on parenting at the library and read a few pages. I really enjoyed it and it might give you a new perspective.

I need a good read, I think I'll get it. Thanks for the recommendation, maybe it will give me a new outlook.

Another good book by Dr. Laura is "Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". It did wonders for my understanding of how the male brain works.....and for that matter, it did wonders for my marriage.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 20th, 2007, 1:27 pm

Serendipity wrote:Another good book by Dr. Laura is "Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". It did wonders for my understanding of how the male brain works.....and for that matter, it did wonders for my marriage.

Really? Something to fix the male brain? :mrgreen: Or just help us understand them? Does she have a book for men on how to understand the female brain? :idea: ;)
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » November 20th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Yes, it's about understanding the male brain and working with it instead of fighting against it all the time.

She didn't need a book for men to figure out women because there isn't one needed. When's the last time your husband wanted to sit down and have a heart to heart talk about your relationship? They just don't really feel the need as long as everything's going smoothly. But we like to talk about EVERYTHING and analyse things to death. She talks about how men show their love compared to how women do it.....for example, taking out the trash without being told is an expression of love for a man. Dr. Laura is big on treating people the way you would like to be treated even if they aren't treating you well at the moment. It's amazing how you can change your relationship just by being kinder......ok off the soap box. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Elizabeth » November 20th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Jksm, you have the most important job of all....raising a human being. The love and lessons you give him/her will live on for generations to come. There will be time one day for you to continue with whatever you want when they are grown up. I admire and praise women who do the job 100%. When my kids were little I didn't have a car because we couldn't afford a second one. It didn't matter, I was home with my kids. It makes me sad to see families in big homes, Mom and Dad working and driving new cars and kids in daycare. What for???
I don't post much here but read often. I wanted to reply here because I think taking care of your children properly is the most important thing you can do as a parent and citizen.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 20th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Jksm, you have the most important job of all....raising a human being. The love and lessons you give him/her will live on for generations to come. There will be time one day for you to continue with whatever you want when they are grown up. I admire and praise women who do the job 100%. When my kids were little I didn't have a car because we couldn't afford a second one. It didn't matter, I was home with my kids. It makes me sad to see families in big homes, Mom and Dad working and driving new cars and kids in daycare. What for???
I don't post much here but read often. I wanted to reply here because I think taking care of your children properly is the most important thing you can do as a parent and citizen.

Here Here! (Or however that old phrase went) Brooke you really do have the most important job.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal