JonnaD

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby larahb68 » March 28th, 2007, 2:07 pm

hey guess what! if you want to get an even cheaper slushie maker, you can get one for 19.99 at WalMart (if you shop there; i know some people don't). It's made by the company Back to Basics and is called a SlushieMaker and works just as well as my Magic Bullet! :-)

How was today? Did you get the phone thing cleared up?
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 28th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Hi Guys.

Spoke with DH about the phone and we are sending it back for the refund. Looking to find another one. What's really funny is the reason we were doing this at all is because a few months back my DH lost his phone. He knew I wanted the bluetooth so he offered to take my phone and get me a "new" one. Unless something comes up, we are looking at really new phones now. I don't know, I've carried one since Verizon was GTE and I do feel naked, Donica, when I don't have one. :roll:

Lara, I'm trying to stay away from the scale until this weekend. Don't know if I'll make it, but I'm trying. If something hasn't broken loose by the Friday after Easter - that's when I see the nutritionist again, we may need to test my thyroid and/or glucose tolerance. :cry:

I don't know if it's because I'm not getting the extra grain or what, but I'm having sluggish innards, which hasn't been a problem before this week. So I have that lovely bloated feeling. Blah!

I've been completely compliant with no urge to cheat. My grandson offered me the last of his Fritos the other night - he didn't understand why I turned them down, kept saying "there's only a few." :lol:

Then last night, they made cupcakes :chef: and left the plate out on my kitchen island. :huh: Thank goodness we get enough sweets on the MF plan. No real will power was needed in this case.

BTW: what exactly is a magic bullet? I've been using my blender, but I'm not sure that's the same thing.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 29th, 2007, 9:33 am

The cupcakes are gone, and I didn't have a single one. :D I am feeling a tad better today, still a little sluggish, probably need to add the extra fiber. :roll:

I wasn't exactly compliant yesterday, only had three MF meals and my L&G, plus I did a little swimming at a friend's house.

I had an interview at a placement agency in the morning and it threw my whole schedule off. Then went to friend's for a meeting and the swim, didn't get home 'til 5:30. Had only had the 2 MF meals by this time. Fixed and ate my L&G around 6:00 (started cooking as soon as I entered the house :D ) Got in a cup of hot cocoa and couldn't make myself eat anything else. I did get caught up on my water. :water:

I don't plan on repeating yesterday, but this morning I was finally below 234. Yay! Almost afraid to post this since I've been holding steady at 235. Maybe my body just needed a jump start? I'll be adding exercise (in small doses) to see if I can keep the scale going down. :goofyjump:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » March 29th, 2007, 11:39 am

Forgot to report - my son called last night - he's popped the question to his live-in girlfriend, now fiance. Great news for us, they've lived together for a year and she's exactly ten years younger than him (they share the same birthday - no excuses for either of them forgetting :lol: )
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 29th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Hey Joanna, how exciting about your new daughter in law to be!! Now you can aim for a wedding dress!

A magic bullet is just a powerful little blender. You can usually see them on the internet. I like them because they work so well and do a great job with ice and making slushie drinks. But now I'm using the WalMart one to save my Bullet blade! :)

I had a not so good day. We're having some family issues regarding my mom's estate. She just died rather suddenly after elective surgery at the end of January and we're all still somewhat emotional about it anyway, but one sister has made some decisions without cosulting us other 3 kids and I think we're in for our first good conflict... :roll:

Hope your day was a better one. Does your son live nearby? Any new Medifood finds?! ;)
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 29th, 2007, 7:34 pm

Hi Lara, I'm sorry to hear about your mother and the conflict with your family. I lost my mom in 2002 the week after Mother's Day and my dad in 2005, in January. I had to help my dad with Mom's estate, no biggie really, everything went to him. But I was also executrix for my dad's estate but at least my brother's didn't argue with my decisions. Having a spreadsheet tallying each one's share helped. As being the only daughter, I had first choice on a lot of stuff and got basically anything of Mom's that I wanted.

Did your mom leave a will? Who is the executor, if there is enough property to require one. It's a very painful time for you and there's not much of anything anyone can say to make it easier. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Is it possible to have a family council, maybe with a mediator such as your Mom's pastor or someone? I hope you are able to find a solution that helps your family heal.

My son lives about forty-five minutes to an hour away, depending on traffic. As soon as they set a date and I have my metabolism figured out, I'll be setting that mother-of-the-groom dress goal. :D

On another subject, I may have discovered the cause for my bloating: the soy could be making me have PMS! Even though I had a hysterectomy over twenty years ago, I still have one ovary. And I've never been told I needed to start HRT, so I have to assume the ovary is still active. That rather ties in to my craving for chocolate today. I thought I'd pass on the bar, but I really wanted the chocolate. Also, this morning I showed that 2# drop. At least I don't have to deal with the M of the PMS :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 29th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Oops, I double posted my message! Sorry! :oops:
Last edited by larahb68 on March 29th, 2007, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lara

larahb68

Postby larahb68 » March 29th, 2007, 7:49 pm

Hey yeah, that soy is supposed to really be estrogenic... Wow, that would be something, huh? Hope you don't get the hot flashes! :oops:

On my mom's estate, it's a funny thing... she made the oldest (my brother) and the baby (me) the co-executors of her trust. We've done fine with everything until now. We've all understood everything and pretty much agreed on everything. All of the household stuff is split up and all. In short, it's all supposed to be a 4-way split with the kids, but she did stipulate that of the three condos she owned, she willed one to my sister which is fine. She did that because she was trying to take care of her to make sure she always had a place to live. My sister has a bad history with mental illness, gambling, lying, and bad decisions in general. The thing that is rough is that my sister has already put a for sale sign in the yard when she doesn't even yet own the condo! She will, but we (executors) haven't signed off yet and want to put some stipulations down to try to protect her from liquidating and blowing everything. So, my sister in all of her sickness and greed has a comlete inability to see reason or any goodwill in anyone interfering with her intentions to get to her money. We just get in her way. Well, after a while, we will probably need to just give up and leave her to her own demise which is sad, but truthfully we have been trying to help her for so long that at some point she will have to sink or swim... At this point, the rest of us are trying to do what we know my mom would want for her, but she seems to outmanipulate us at every turn. My brothers are better than I am at detatching and just saying, "It is what it is." and letting her consequences unfold. I keep trying to remember what my oldest brother said the other day. "We do the best we can and then let God take care of it."
Aye, what a mess! :roll:
Sorry for the long rant!
BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR GREAT LOSS!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :D
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 29th, 2007, 8:36 pm

There's one in every family, Lara. In ours it's my baby brother. My parents for one reason and another had taken care of him as if he had no brains until he acts that way. My dad left their property to him so "he would have a roof over his head." Sound familiar.

Between his addition to pawn shops, his druggie daughter, her druggie hubby and possibly a gambling problem, within three months of the estate being distributed (several thousand dollars) he was not only broke, he's spent more than his inheritance and lost his job. We came to the rescue one last time with the understanding he would sell the property, pay us back and buy something smaller which would allow him to put some money in savings. He now has a job, he hasn't sold the property or paid anyone back. He didn't join us for any of the holiday dinners or even bother to call except for Christmas.

I haven't heard from him since December. I can't call him because he doesn't have a phone.

Oh, did I mention his daughter married someone thirteen years older than her after he got her pregnant at fourteen. Of course, he wouldn't marry her until after the baby was born so he wouldn't have to pay for it. She is now twenty-six, has had at least seven children, all of whom have been taken from her because of crack use. I say at least seven because she's usually pregnant every other year and I haven't seen her since Christmas 2005, when she was pregnant again.

I completely understand the conflict you and your family are feeling towards your sister. You want to see that the spirit of your mother's will is fulfilled, but she believes you are all against her.

I will keep you in my prayers.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » March 30th, 2007, 1:01 pm

The nurse called with my weekly liver panel results - it showed a change in my kidney function :x so we are kicking my water up to six bottles of water :water: which is about 140 ounces or a little over a gallon.

I have to go back on Tuesday for another panel. If I don't show any improvement, I'll have to modify my MF again. :cry:

You may now call me Ms. Pee-a-lot :lol:

I'm really going to have to contact NASA and ask them about those diapers. :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 30th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Oh Jonna, that really stinks!!! So sorry about the kidney results. All that peeing has to be a total disruption in the day!! But I hope the extra H2O can keep you from having to add in any extra grains or carbs.

I wanted to thank you for your earlier post. I really appreciated you sharing with me. It helps to know I'm not only with my crazy family issues. :nana: I know I'm not, but sometimes it feels like it! Anyway, thanks! It sounds like you have a lot going on, too.

Were your liver results okay at least? Good idea with the diapers! :water:
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 30th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Thanks for your post, Lara. I assume the liver is okay, the main thing they're monitoring is my kidney. It's the only way my husband felt comfortable about me doing MF. :D

It's surprising how many people I meet who feel the same way you do - they're the only ones with crazy families. I have a friend who I thought had it all - she did all right! Everything my kids had done, her kids had done first :lol:

We are not alone :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 31st, 2007, 2:47 pm

Hi Jonna,
How's that 140 ounce treating ya by now?? :shock:
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 31st, 2007, 8:33 pm

I felt kind of blah today. I really do think I had PMS this last week, because this is the time of month when TOM would visit, lo, many years ago :lol: That I could easily do without.

I don't know if the test results have me down or the actual change in kidney function is bothering me. :?:

My DH took me out to dinner and a movie, Cracker Barrel and Peaceful Warrior. Grilled catfish, green beans and two house salads. Not sure how perfectly compliant it all was, but then I'm not sure what my "compliance" is going to turn out to be. It's quite possible the doc will be changing my plan next week. I don't know how much more water I can consume since I am already drinking more than twice as much as the minimum. :shock: Thought I was doing good getting the basic 64 down. :lol:

The movie was very good - another one of those panned by the critics :roll: and loved by the viewers. :D We agreed with the viewers. :lol:

I read your post somewhere else about jogging - hope you are over the ucky feeling.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby bikipatra » April 1st, 2007, 5:36 am

You are a stronger woman than me. I used to love the biscuits at Cracker Barrel so much we would drive 40 minutes to the closest one in the Dallas area. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I don't consider myself a food addict, per se, but certain items I would overindulge in, like donuts and biscuits. Once or twice a year, but I would eat 4 or 5.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal