JonnaD

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby larahb68 » March 25th, 2007, 7:26 am

Jonna,
I owe you an apology! I'm so sorry I've been calling you Joanna! I'm not sure why I repeatedly misread your name, but I apologize for that. I know see and realize you are JONNA, not JOANNA! Oops. :oops:

Hope you have a good day and that you see good results without the grains and your labs stay normal. You are such a blessing to the board and I love your positive attitude and encouragement to others! I wish you all the success in the world!!

May the scale move in your favor and your health be good,
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 25th, 2007, 1:37 pm

Lara, don't worry about the spelling issue, if it had been a big problem for me I would have brought it up. I'm used to answering to almost anything that starts with Jo :lol: Thank you for you kind wishes.

Lizabette, I've enjoyed reading your journal as well. I hope I can be half the inspiration to others on the forum that you have been. I appreciated the kudos as well. :D
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 26th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Jonna,
Was thinking of you today and wondered how things are going for you. Missed reading your posts and hope you are well. Blessings to you and lemme know what's up in your corner if you get a chance! :)
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 26th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Hi Lara. I'm here, I've just been "lurking" today. We had a bit of a gray Monday which fit my mood. Several issues are doing their best to drag me down.

Several weeks ago my husband bought me a used cell phone over the web. Quite pleased with it for the first three days, then buttons stopped working. Contacted the vendor, "no problem, mail it back and we'll exchange it." Mailed it that day. Notified them and requested they email when they received it. Week went by and nothing. Emailed them again - they haven't seen it. Called the PO, can't help until it's 14 days overdue.
The 14 days pass and go back to the PO. Package was delivered two days after I mailed it. Emailed vendor again - still say they don't have it. Another week passes - email them I am very unhappy with them. Today receive an email stating phone was exchanged on 3/21. Emailed them back - this was first I'd heard they'd received it. Phone came in mail, today. Another proof customer service has become an oxy moron.

Then on the job hunt front, the agency I was trying to deal with, doesn't want up and personal applicants - they want to do everything over the internet. Plus, they advertised a job which hasn't been confirmed by the employer. :x

And other issues within the family :cry:

Plus I'm not exactly burning up the scales, so there. My blue Monday. :cry:

However, the good news is I had a great time at my Monday night writers' group and Monday is almost over. Here's to a good night's sleep and a better Tuesday. :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » March 27th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Hi Jonna!

Hope your Tuesday is going well, and much brighter than yesterday! I've had a few blue days myself and finally broke through yesterday!

Have a good one and keep on shakin'! :D
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 27th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Hey, Jonna, glad to hear you're alive and kickin'! I hear you; I'm sort of in a bit of a funk today, too. Must be the phase of the moon! I'm just plain old grouchy for no really good reason today other than I need an attitude adjustment. Some days it's just easier to be :x than :lol:

Hope you get that whole e-bay thing worked out. I'm waiting on an order myself. I'm irked because I paid $10 in shipping for something and still don't have it but my coworker got free shipping for the same item and has it already and ordered it a day later!

Well, better get back to my workadayworld. Gotta get my notes done so I can get to Curves and work out my frustrations before I get home and take them out on DH. Poor thing can hardly keep up with my moods some days! :-P

Hope you have a better evening! Hang in there! :byebye:
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 27th, 2007, 7:12 pm

Kanani and Lara, thank you for your good wishes.

I've been reading the forum and it seems there's quite a bit of funky feeling going on. I hope everyone is feeling a little cheerier soon. Including me :lol:

In contrast to yesterday, the sun shined brightly, but my mood was not entirely sunny. The phone I received in exchange for the phone I'd returned is not fully operational. :x After waiting a ridiculous three weeks :x

Several other issues need to be dealt with and I'm not looking forward to them. :cry: It will be better when the problems are addressed - at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I also felt tired and sluggish, ended up taking a nap around five o'clock - slept for two hours. Which put me a little behind schedule for my meals. ;) Oh well, I can still get them all in.

Well, it's time for me to mix up my Chai Latte. I hope I like it. :D
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 27th, 2007, 7:23 pm

Sorry about having another poopy day. That really stinks about the phone. Do you have any recourse? I can't imagine how irate I would be; I don't do well with that stuff, especially after waiting so long!

I hope the other other matters work themselves out. I'll be thinking of you. I know sometimes there's just nothing anyone else can say to fix things but I'm in your corner anyway. Come here and blow steam if you need to. We'll be like the Motel 6 and leave the light on for ya...

And let me know what you think of the Chai. I like it, but only every now and then when I'm in the right mood. I prefer the cappacino or hot cocoa.

Sleep well,
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 27th, 2007, 7:39 pm

I assume I'll be sending this phone back for one last exchange - only I now know to pay for the tracking service. I only thought I had that when I bought the insurance :cry: I've avoided posting about the issue on Ebay bc the company is sort of trying to fix the problem. However, if I don't get a completely functional phone this time, all bets are off. :stickwack:

The vote is still out on the Chai, I think it will grow on me. The Hot Cocoa is divine and the Cappucino would be fine if I liked coffee :lol: I suppose I could try trading it.

In the mean time I have enough food for almost two months, so I won't be starving. :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 27th, 2007, 7:50 pm

i love that emoticon with the stick whacking! some of those are great. glad you won't be starving. me neither. funny how i go through phases with the foods. i went through a chili thing, then a pudding thing, then a cocoa thing, now I'm on a shake blended with ice and flavorings in my magic bullet thing. I think i like that because it makes me think i'm eating ice cream. i use chocolate with chocolate flavoring.
well, good luck getting a decent phone, and remember to give 'em the :twisted: if you don't!!
Oh, and continued good luck with your job search and family stuff. All that junk makes it hard to stay focused on sticking to the medirules, huh?
Later!
Lara

larahb68

Postby JonnaD » March 27th, 2007, 8:09 pm

Phone update: just received an apology and offer of refund on the phone. DH is asleep, he has to get up at 4 am, so I'll check with him tomorrow on what he wants to do. :?
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby katieb920 » March 28th, 2007, 5:27 am

What phone service are you. If you are verizon I have a couple extra cell Phones. I am a sales rep so i get new ones every year.

Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » March 28th, 2007, 6:02 am

Jonna, I enjoy the chai latte and the cappiccino iced and made like a shake instead of hot. If you don't enjoy them hot, try them blended (I use a Magic Bullet and love it) with a bit of ice and see if that tastes better to you.

Frustrating on the phone but it sounds like it is going to work out.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby larahb68 » March 28th, 2007, 7:42 am

Mornin' Jonna! Here's to a better day!!!!!!!!!
Any good news on the phone or the scale? Wanted to tip you on another item if you're interested. I have a Magic Bullet and I LOVE it for making my shakes; especially with summer coming you can really make yourself think you're eating ice cream or sorbet when you whip up ice with it. But the decision to get it was huge because they are expensive and I looked for the cheapest one with a coupon, etc. I just discovered that there's a knock-off brand at K-mart called Desert Trader or something. I'm gonna pick it up today because my Bullet blade is getting dull and I want to take one with me on vacation. I'll let you know if it's as good! Makes me actually look forward to the shakes.
Happy shakin' today!
Lara

larahb68

Postby DonicaB » March 28th, 2007, 9:36 am

Hi Jonna~ I hope things get worked out with your phone. I can't function without mine. I accidentally left it at home yesterday and I felt naked. :whattha:

Have a GREAT day! :byebye:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal