JonnaD

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » March 21st, 2007, 10:05 am

JonnaD wrote:Thanks, Biki.

I still think, at least for this week since I wasn't fully on the MF program bc of the extra grain, I need to forget about the scale for a few days.

It's not just the scale that's bugging me (of course it never really is) I'm looking for part-time accounting work that pays more than minimum wage and it's a strange world out there.

I went in for an interview for Bookkeeper and they interviewed for a data entry clerk (with a corresponding drop in pay scale) I should have turned around as soon as I walked in and saw the walls covered with trophy heads - from your usual deer to birds to buffalo to a giraffe! And let's not forget the glass case with the polar bear. :shock:

And when I say walls, I mean every wall - there had to have been at least 80 heads in the front room alone. :roll:

I guess the one that still gets to me is the CPA firm advertising for an Accountant and wanting to pay $8 an hour. I told 'em I hadn't made that amount for over twenty years.

Here's to job hunting :toast:

Where can I get an accountant for $8/hr? Tell me quick, so I can get some relief. Our in house accountants make much more than I like to pay, if they are degreed, that is. Our bookkeepers make much more than $8/hr, but less than a staff accountant.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 21st, 2007, 10:26 am

They didn't get one here, that's for sure. :lol:

I have twenty years bookkeeping and accounting experience with an AABA (Associates of Arts in Business Administration) I was going for my BA, came down with the flu, and the university I'd transferred to refused to accept all my hours after assuring me they would transfer. Too much on top of being ill.

I tried again later, became ill and had to have a hysterectomy - decided I wasn't supposed to get the BA and stopped trying - to tell the truth, I didn't want a 'career'. I only went to work outside the home because of my DH's pressure. I knew I would have trouble keeping up with a growing family and a career, mostly due to my ongoing health issues - and I was right. Which didn't improve my self image any. :roll:

Anyway, the kids are grown and I wouldn't mind earning a little money, but I want to be paid equivalent to my experience. I've found them before (part time accounting, that is) and something will turn up again. But as my signature says, I'm still working on patience. :D
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 21st, 2007, 11:55 am

:?:

Some of my friends have brought up an issue that I haven't really seen discussed much. They are concerned rapid weight loss will mean lots of saggy skin and possibly a need for cosmetic surgery.

Would some of you who have lost a lot (100# plus) help me answer them?

Thanks
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Lauren » March 21st, 2007, 12:07 pm

Hey, Jonna -

There is quite a bit of discussion on this forum about saggy skin, just do some searches, and I am sure you will find it. It's certainly an issue for many people, but I don't know that it is specific to rapid weight loss, I think it happens to many people if they lose a ton of weight, regardless of speed. Generally the amount of excess skin you have depends on how overweight you are/were, how long you carried the extra weight, your age, and just if you happen to have very elastic skin.

I absolutely have excess skin, and it doesn't look good at all. But you know what? Being morbidly obese looked way worse. Oh, and it felt worse too! So it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. How you choose to deal or not deal with the excess skin post weight loss is totally up to you. I am only 31, single in the city, and fully prepared to surgically remedy those parts of my body that need it. But that's me. I look at the skin with humor right now, and as battle wounds - and the battle isn't Medifast, the battle was being fat. I would choose this over the fat any day of the week, even if I didn't see surgery as an option. I look great in clothes, feel confident strutting down the street, and have never been healthier.

To me, the skin is perhaps just a little reminder of where I was, to keep me on my toes!

Don't let other people's issues affect your determination, it's all worth it!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 21st, 2007, 12:15 pm

Thanks, Lauren. I agree certainly can't feel worse about my body than I do now and I'm looking foward to feeling better physically.

:D
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » March 22nd, 2007, 7:43 pm

This is the end of my second fully compliant day, as compared to when I only thought I was compliant days :lol:

When I was drinking 60 plus ounces of water and was told to drink more, I thought it would be hard. Now, I'm easily drinking nearly twice that much and feel like I could do more. It's funny how when we let it, the body craves what is good for us. :D

I'm heading for the sack :snooze: and will be checking back in tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, tomorrow I'm picking up a bunch of RTD's that a friend of mine can't use. Can't wait to try them.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 23rd, 2007, 10:03 am

CONGRAT'S Jonna for getting through your first 2 days...yayyyy!!!!...and for the water thing, i use to drink 64 ounces a day and now i drink 96..and it CAN satisfingly GROW on'ya:+))

I ordered some RTD's with my last order for the first time, and they are DELICIOUS!!!...can't beat the convenience either...lol!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 23rd, 2007, 10:26 am

Thanks, Chynna.

Day three is starting smoothly. Not having much trouble with hunger and no problem getting my water down. :water:

I've decided to use my first roll call weight as my beginning weight in my ticker bc the beginning weight I used is an afternoon weight. Which gives me an inaccurate rate of change. Looks good, but frustrating in the end. At least this way, I'll feel more consistent.

I'm fixin' to go pick up my RTD's. Can't wait to try them.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » March 23rd, 2007, 4:10 pm

Picked up the RTD's and had a vanilla on the way home. Yum!
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » March 23rd, 2007, 8:40 pm

3rd day with no grains with my L&G, didn't miss it at all. The nurse called with my blood test results - everything's normal. Can't wait to see next week's since that will be my first test with a full week of no grains. If all continues well, I'll be doing ketosis. If not, we'll add the grains back and I'll be doing a low cal program only.

Hope everyone has a lovely night's sleep and is visited by the MF Superloss Fairy.

Night all.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby larahb68 » March 24th, 2007, 11:45 am

Thanks for the tip on the ice paks, Joanna! I'll have to remember that one and suggest it to patients who are in a lot of pain. Fortunately, I don't get a lot of otitis externa, though. Glad to hear it works for you!
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » March 24th, 2007, 1:14 pm

As I read Hula Girl's journal I remembered how I felt as a child. (No, I never did the hula, I'm from Texas, remember?) I can't remember a time I ever felt pretty. My mother used to call me BB and it depended on her mood whether she meant Bridget Bardot or Big Butt. My four brothers (I had no sisters) also did their share of undermining my self esteem - you can't do that, you're a girl. Not to mention teasing me about my weight. It was only years later as I looked back at photos that I realized I hadn't been over weight at all. Is it any wonder I didn't know what normal should feel like?

I just read your journal for the first time, and just had to reply. It's amazing how the words and actions of others can effect us so deeply. I'm glad that we have this forum so that we know we are not alone in our struggle to let these things go.

You're doing great Jonna...!!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 24th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Kanani, I agree whole heartedly that one's words can deeply affect others. I came down like a ton of bricks on anyone who said anything negative about my children or my grandchildren.

I remember once when my husband was worrying about our daughter's bottom being too big - she was a toddler and still in diapers! He hadn't a clue until I set him straight.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » March 24th, 2007, 8:36 pm

I've had a pleasant day, friends came over and we tried a Mediterranean restautant - I had the chicken kabobs, zuchinni, and cucumber and tomato salad. It was pretty good.

Tomorrow I'll weigh in and compare to last Sunday's weight. I'd like to have a 2 - 3# loss per week. Here's hopin'.

It's late and I'm tired, so I'll be checking out for the night.

God bless and sweet dreams.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Lizabette » March 24th, 2007, 9:45 pm

JONNA,
I've spent the better part of this evening reading your journal. I'm sorry I am so late in getting around to it.
You are a writer, and you write well!
You have a great attitude, JONNA, in spite of all you have gone through.
It is just good to have you here to share all your experiences and insights and they can't help but be encouraging and inspiring to us.
It sounds like M/F is working out for you. My doctor is absolutely thrilled at how well I have done with my medical issues.
I am completely average and good in all my tests and blood work, etc. and she says to keep doing what I am doing!
My DH is very proud of my weight loss accomplishments this time, since so many times before I would start out gung ho on a diet, and then...well, you probably know how that is!
I feel sure your DH will also, when he sees how well you are doing, and as you continue on toward your goal...and maintenance!
Just wanted to congratulate you on the good job you are doing, and I will so look forward to your journey with us.
And now it's also time for me to 'hit the hay'. Sweet dreams to you.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal